Photo
- - - - -

Mass Effect - Bring Down the Sky DLC 80MSP($1!); DLC for some games as low as 80msp

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#121 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

I never saw anything before about the Gears2 price drop. Thanks for the heads up.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#122 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

part of me says to jump on the ME stuff, but i dont see me going back to that game after i finish ME2

#123 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

If any of you are PSO players that didn't like PSU much, Ambitions of the Illuminus might change your view on that a little. It adds a bunch of weapons from PSO, all the PSO levels (except Ruins, I think), and it adds Boomas as a rare monster in some of the other levels. Definitely worth a download for free. Hell, I still feel pretty satisfied with the 1600 points I paid for it.

#124 luminaria

luminaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Nice to see some permanent price drops on DLC; something they should be doing for older titles across the board as well as older Arcade games. I picked up a lot of these DLC items already, but how are the Katamari levels? Also, for PSU is online play free w\ XBL Gold or do you need to pay an additional fee like FF11?
Posted Image

#125 SallyNasty

SallyNasty

Super Sassy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Perfect timing for Lost Odyssey - I just picked that up! Thanks OP!

#126 H22A

H22A

Happy trails, Hans.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

Also picked up the Kameo power pack and the free PSU Ambition scenario. Got quite far into PSU but set it aside for well over a year now...nice little incentive to get back to it soon.

#127 sabin23

sabin23

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

$1 DLC. Sold. Thanks op :)

I just beat the game a few months ago, and I was reading that the dlc shows up as a place on your galaxy map. does anyone know if I just have to reload an old save to use the dlc, or what would be the best idea.

i had the same question too.
I beat Mass Effect and my save is on the last boss.

How would i go about accessing the Bring Down the Sky DLC?

#128 trenn

trenn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

tanks OP. picked it up for 40 space dollars.

#129 Korny

Korny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

All of the game content DLC for BulletWitch was originally 20pts (with the costumes being free).

None of it is marked any different than it was when it was put on the marketplace.

#130 spectralpulse

spectralpulse

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

"Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus expansion pack - FREE(was 800pts)"

I picked this game up for 4 bucks about a year ago in a bargain bin. Looks like a perfect time to check it out and subscribe.

#131 L0sther0

L0sther0

Pick me Pick me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

I so jumped on this. Almost got the Ph edition
Posted Image

#132 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

i had the same question too.
I beat Mass Effect and my save is on the last boss.

How would i go about accessing the Bring Down the Sky DLC?

Start a New Game+

You'll have to complete Noveria and the Citadel again, but BDtS is worth it. It's a rather decent DLC for $5, $1 is an amazing price. (This time around, shoot Fist in the mouth, and tell the Consulate that her gift's a piece of trash).

Pinnacle Station wasn't worth my time reading its title, let alone $5 and 2-3 hair-pulling hours of my life. Fucking Bioware -.-

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#133 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

Nice to see some permanent price drops on DLC; something they should be doing for older titles across the board as well as older Arcade games. I picked up a lot of these DLC items already, but how are the Katamari levels? Also, for PSU is online play free w\ XBL Gold or do you need to pay an additional fee like FF11?

It's fee based. If I remember right, it's something like $10 month and you only need Live silver.

I swear BW was 80pts per DLC, but I'll remove it.

#134 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

It's fee based. If I remember right, it's something like $10 month and you only need Live silver.

I swear BW was 80pts per DLC, but I'll remove it.

So you have to pay an online fee to play the game or is it optional? In other words, does it offer an offline single player game without having to pay for online multiplayer? And if so, how is the single player game?
Thanks!

#135 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

So you have to pay an online fee to play the game or is it optional? In other words, does it offer an offline single player game without having to pay for online multiplayer? And if so, how is the single player game?
Thanks!

From what I've read, and it's on the box, you have to have an internet connection to play it, and I've seen some threads through google say that you have to buy the "license" in order to play. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything definite saying you have to pay the $10 a month to be able to play offline/

#136 Kraus989

Kraus989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

Damn, I wish Mirror's Edge dlc would drop. I've been waiting forever to grab that at a decent price.

Same here. You can find the game cheaper than the DLC now.

#137 vze4kg9g

vze4kg9g

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

The PSU expansion is online only. It adds nothing to the single player campaign, and still cost 9.99 a month to play. It does however make the online play more enjoyable by offering better weapons, more meseta, and better exp.

#138 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

The PSU expansion is online only. It adds nothing to the single player campaign, and still cost 9.99 a month to play. It does however make the online play more enjoyable by offering better weapons, more meseta, and better exp.

From IGN:

"The sequel to SEGA's dual offline/online RPG game in the Phantasy Star saga. Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus continues the exciting single player action-RPG storyline as a new Human Fundamentalist group, known as the Illuminus, disrupts the peaceful Gurhal System throwing the Gurhal Government into chaos. Using their custom-made Guardian, players investigate a series of single-player missions where they will meet familiar characters like Ethan Waber from Episode 1, and other new characters including GUARDIAN instructor, Laia Martinez. Gamers can now experience the wonders of the Gurhal System through the eyes of a personalized avatar – whether tackling quests online with a party of up to six adventurers, or fighting through the next chapters of the exciting story missions that started its single player experience in the original Phantasy Star Universe. Players will explore exciting new levels, such as the Ruins of Old Rozenom City and the subterranean Granigs Mines, where they will encounter new and more powerful enemy types and bosses, and master additional versatile class types."

Sounds like there's a new offline single player campaign to me...

ostzsk.jpg

#139 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

PSU has an offline mode. Take on missions and whatnot. But, you CANNOT play multiplayer on the same console like the GC or DC versions. Single player only. My biggest problem is that the CPU sucks, they don't heal or attack nearly enough, so you will need to learn to do everything. I'm not sure if they still have the demo, which lets you play online for free, but they reset your character at the end of a certain time period (week or month, can't remember), but otherwise you will need the Hunter's License.

Edit: Looks like this was answered while I took forever to type this out at work. Oh, and in order to use your custom character offline throughout the game, you need to beat the single player mode entirely. In other words, your custom character can only go as far into the game as the Ethan Weber solo game has gone, if I recall correctly. Fairly, easy 1000/1000 achievements, though they will take a while to grind up to especially since all the rares are online only.

Final Edit (I swear): Here's the official PSU page, which makes it seem like it's online only, so I don't know what to make of it at this point.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#140 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Bring Down the Sky is worth $1, although it's annoying to try to play after you've finished the game. Really better ahead of time. I wonder if that Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey stuff is worth anything (especially since I finished both games year ago).
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#141 pigeon12

pigeon12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

I just finished through the Mass Effect 1 download. Worth the dollar download, but not much more for an hour or less worth of gameplay. Thanks OP for the info. on all the downloads.

#142 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:13 AM

If any of you are PSO players that didn't like PSU much, Ambitions of the Illuminus might change your view on that a little. It adds a bunch of weapons from PSO, all the PSO levels (except Ruins, I think), and it adds Boomas as a rare monster in some of the other levels. Definitely worth a download for free. Hell, I still feel pretty satisfied with the 1600 points I paid for it.

holy shit.. just noticed its free. I am a huge PSO fan.. but PSU lost alot of the magic..Will give it a shot again. I still need to beat the single player but i never did play PSU online

They brought back PSO weapons and levels? wtf how didnt i hear about this earlier

1080i is for douchebags

#143 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

never did beat ME1.. hopefully i can jump right into this DLC.

1080i is for douchebags

#144 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:26 AM

The price is definitely right on Ambition, but PSU ended up largely being a single-player title for me, and everything Google has turned up suggests that Ambition requires a subscription to play. Meh.

#145 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:44 AM

never did beat ME1.. hopefully i can jump right into this DLC.

Yeah, it's basically just another mission, so it fits in pretty well and is pretty good, though trying to go back AFTER you've finished the game is kind of a pain (and wipes out your final save file...)
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#146 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:54 AM

Nice! Gonna pick up LO and Blue Dragon DLC. This will give me a reason to replay them.
Posted Image

#147 sabin23

sabin23

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:59 AM

Start a New Game+

You'll have to complete Noveria and the Citadel again, but BDtS is worth it. It's a rather decent DLC for $5, $1 is an amazing price. (This time around, shoot Fist in the mouth, and tell the Consulate that her gift's a piece of trash).

Pinnacle Station wasn't worth my time reading its title, let alone $5 and 2-3 hair-pulling hours of my life. Fucking Bioware -.-

A follow-up question.

Which game save do I import when I start Mass Effect 2???

- The New Game +?
- Previous save?

If I start a New Game + (completing the BDtS DLC), will I have to beat the game all the way to its' entirety again? Or will my original game save suffice?

#148 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:01 AM

A follow-up question.

Which game save do I import when I start Mass Effect 2???

- The New Game +?
- Previous save?

If I start a New Game + (completing the BDtS DLC), will I have to beat the game all the way to its' entirety again? Or will my original game save suffice?

The ONLY one it seems to use is your autosave file. What that means is if you go back and play Bring Down the Sky, it'll overwrite the autosave and you'll have to replay stuff to get a ME2 compatible save. I found that out the hard way.

I didn't even KNOW there was a New Game + by the way :lol:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#149 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:35 AM

I need PSU to play Ambition of the Illuminus, right?

#150 Scott

Scott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:43 AM

To clear up the PSU + Ambition of the Illuminus confusion:

Phantasy Star Universe has a single-player, story-driven mode; however, it does not have an offline "multiplayer" mode, like the PSO iterations. If you want to play a custom-made character, you need to play online, and pay the subscription fee associated with doing so.

Ambition of the Illuminus just adds to the confusion a bit, as there's two versions of the game: one for PS2, and the other for 360. On PS2, it received a full disc-based, retail release, which contained both an extension of the single-player story mode, as well as the additional online content. On 360, however, it's download-only, and only has the additional online content, with absolutely nothing added to the single-player side of things.

Hope that helps clear things up.

I need PSU to play Ambition of the Illuminus, right?

Correct.