Photo
- - - - -

Mass Effect - Bring Down the Sky DLC 80MSP($1!); DLC for some games as low as 80msp

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#151 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:54 AM

The ONLY one it seems to use is your autosave file. What that means is if you go back and play Bring Down the Sky, it'll overwrite the autosave and you'll have to replay stuff to get a ME2 compatible save. I found that out the hard way.

I didn't even KNOW there was a New Game + by the way :lol:

Wrong, once you beat the game it creates an entirely different save file. That's the one that transfers over. I transferred a few different Shepards into ME 2.

#152 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:02 AM

Wrong, once you beat the game it creates an entirely different save file. That's the one that transfers over. I transferred a few different Shepards into ME 2.

Well all I know is I didn't delete any save files, but had to replay the ending because the only one Mass Effect 2 could 'see' was my Autosave file.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#153 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:34 AM

Any achievemnts for Katamari or Blue Dragon DLC?
Posted Image

#154 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:23 AM

Can't speak for Katamari, but Blue Dragon's don't.

#155 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:12 AM

Yes to Katamari. According to trueachievements, looks like you have to download all the stages to get the few extra achievements.

card.png

#156 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

Definitely in for Lost Odyssey. I had fun with that game, and wouldn't mind a little bit more of it, for that cheap. I hope this is a permanent drop, and the start of a trend to make old DLC bargain-basement type stuff.
Posted Image

#157 manasteel88

manasteel88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

I jumped in for both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. I didn't get the items for Blue Dragon as paying for items kinda feels cheap to me. Thankfully I had 260 ms points lying around...now what to do with the last 100.

#158 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

To clear up the PSU + Ambition of the Illuminus confusion:

Phantasy Star Universe has a single-player, story-driven mode; however, it does not have an offline "multiplayer" mode, like the PSO iterations. If you want to play a custom-made character, you need to play online, and pay the subscription fee associated with doing so.

Ambition of the Illuminus just adds to the confusion a bit, as there's two versions of the game: one for PS2, and the other for 360. On PS2, it received a full disc-based, retail release, which contained both an extension of the single-player story mode, as well as the additional online content. On 360, however, it's download-only, and only has the additional online content, with absolutely nothing added to the single-player side of things.

Hope that helps clear things up.Correct.

Thanks for the clarification.. I downloaded it before I read your post and noticed you couldnt do anything but get online.. which of course requires the hunters license. No way im paying for that at this moment.

1080i is for douchebags

#159 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:51 AM

If you download DLC for a game you don't own yet, it'll still go into effect when you get the gamer later?

#160 Bigandtasty

Bigandtasty

Why should it goes well?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

If you download DLC for a game you don't own yet, it'll still go into effect when you get the gamer later?

Yes. Just be sure to start the game connected to Live in order to get any patches necessary for the DLC to function.

:whee:                           :whee:

More giveaways on Twitter!

#161 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

Have any point reduction for Crackdown happened yet?

#162 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

Yes. Just be sure to start the game connected to Live in order to get any patches necessary for the DLC to function.

Thanks for the info.

#163 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

Kameo Power Pack.... I wanted this when I played the game... but I may get it anyway, even if I don't play Kameo again. I figure it is good to have a lot of the DLC stored once the next system rolls around... incase they get delisted.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#164 jez360

jez360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

I really wish they would discount the crackdown DLC even just as a DoTW, it's never been less than 800 MSP so I just can't justify it at that price!

#165 candymaker789

candymaker789

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

I really wish they would discount the crackdown DLC even just as a DoTW, it's never been less than 800 MSP so I just can't justify it at that price!

It's been 400 MSP for a while now... am I missing something?

#166 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

I think some could view this as "trying to make a buck off of old DLC." But I am happy they're even dropping. 1.00 for some of this content is a fantastic deal. Gives me hope for the future of pricing not sucking.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#167 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

Kameo Power Pack.... I wanted this when I played the game... but I may get it anyway, even if I don't play Kameo again. I figure it is good to have a lot of the DLC stored once the next system rolls around... incase they get delisted.

Since i never finished the game, i figured i might as well pick it up especially since it ahs new achievements tied to it.

Picked up:
-Lost Odyssey Dungeon Pack: Seeker of the Deep!
-Blue Dragon Shuffle Dungeon (even though i have all 1000 i figured it would be fun to run through with my level 99's)
-PGR 4 Premium Challenge Pack
- Kameo Power Pack

Edited by Layd Dly, 07 July 2010 - 03:50 PM.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#168 Master Troll

Master Troll

Whaat is this place?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

Did you guys know that they featured this post on Joystiq?

#169 skrutop

skrutop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

Sweet, I just bought Lost Odyssey. Thanks, OP!

#170 sapient

sapient

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

Thanks OP I got PSU DLC and lost Odyssey Dungeon, is the other DLC worth the money?

I was also wondering about Blue dragon DLC is shuffle dungeon better than the 6 treasures? Since it is near the end of the game and requires min level 50 to enter I was not leaning towards it. Also, I am not a big fan of paying to get items that should have been included in the game and attainable otherwise however if they are good I may bite. If it is something that has a 0.01% chance of drop from a rare monster $1 is definitely worth it :D

Same goes for Lost Odyssey and Magna carta, are the DLC items any good?

#171 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Gonna have to get some points for the Blue Dragon and Katamari DLCs.

Probably not gonna get back into PSU though, even though the expansion is now free. The initial PSU launch with next to nothing, super slow drip of content w/bugs that weren't fixed between the JP and NA/EU versions (even though they had months to prepare), and the early shutdown of the PC servers left too bad a taste in my mouth to want to start completely over from scratch on the 360.

I'm just gonna wait and see what the next online console/PC PSO/U game that they are currently working on is.

#172 Draken Zero

Draken Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

This was originally 400 points, you're incorrect.

Agreed on it being good, I think it's the best ME1 or ME2 DLC that's been released. The right length at about 2 hours, great story, great action at the end, well worth the money. Anyone that doesn't get it at $1 is a fool.

You run into a character that was in BDTS, and they bring up some references to what happened afterward, depending on what you did in BDTS.

You also get an email from them.

I also have to disagree and say the Overlord DLC for ME2 tops this one.

Posted Image

#173 gshell

gshell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

these were some great deals....i got the phantasy star dlc.....there is hope for me for a discount on the 1st overlord dlc....800 pts is still too damn high

#174 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

Did you guys know that they featured this post on Joystiq?

HA, I feel famous now!

Also, Crackdown's DLC went down to 400 a long while ago. I bought it at 800 when it came out and I felt it was definitely worth it. There's an absurd amount of fun to be had with the harpoon gun.

#175 Khalid

Khalid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

This deal was mentioned on Joystiq and xbox360achievment. Only Joystiq mentioned their source. I was like "what they didn't mention CAG!" when I read it on xbox360achievements.

#176 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

Thanks for the post OP. This will finally give me a reason to pick up ME1 again and get those weapon achievements.

#177 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

Snagged Blue Dragon and Lost Oddysee DLC, thanks OP!
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#178 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

Anybody notice any others? The crackdown drop to 400 a while ago was a good sign, but there's been precious little other DLC price droppage, even for older stuff. I definitely like the idea of things like this, severe price drops on old stuff. I picked up the Lost Odyssey DLC, and will probably play it once I finish Dead Space (after I get back from Spain).
Posted Image

#179 Magikarp830

Magikarp830

SPLASH had no effect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:42 AM

I hear the Lost Odyssey DLC is crap! Long dungeon that you have to play from level 1 each time you get killed... so you can only do about half the ACH easy... I'm not sure it's worth the trouble... (especially since so many people didn't even have the patience to do the "find-all-items" ACH!)

#180 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

Grabbed several of these. Thanks OP!
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.