Heavenly Sword for PS3 $19.80 + Shipping at Frys.com

At this point in time, if you haven't played it, don't bother. There's a whole lot of better stuff out now. It was good for 2 years ago though.

It's never too late to play a game if you haven't already.....Anyway, I picked up my copy for $14.99 brand new at kmart so I snatched it right up. Been waiting for a price drop forever. Apparently it's also $14.99 at walmart, pretty sure ymmv though so just be on the lookout in their clearance sections.

[quote name='Tom Ato']At this point in time, if you haven't played it, don't bother. There's a whole lot of better stuff out now. It was good for 2 years ago though.[/QUOTE]

This thread is for a deal on the game, if you like the deal then thank the OP, if you dont then just leave it. But this thread isnt about whether you think the game is good or not. That makes about as much sense as walking into a tax attorneys office and telling everyone in the waiting room you dont like mcdonalds and then leaving.

Not to mention just because you dont like something doesnt mean other people dont.

[quote name='gargus']This thread is for a deal on the game, if you like the deal then thank the OP, if you dont then just leave it. But this thread isnt about whether you think the game is good or not. That makes about as much sense as walking into a tax attorneys office and telling everyone in the waiting room you dont like mcdonalds and then leaving.

Not to mention just because you dont like something doesnt mean other people dont.[/QUOTE]

Damn right. How dare you bring an opinion into an internet forum.

Great deal for a great game. You can tell that they had the money to polish it even if it's short and limited in other ways.

It's certainly telling of the production values that this game looks better than enslaved which had two years to improve.

[quote name='gargus']This thread is for a deal on the game, if you like the deal then thank the OP, if you dont then just leave it. But this thread isnt about whether you think the game is good or not. That makes about as much sense as walking into a tax attorneys office and telling everyone in the waiting room you dont like mcdonalds and then leaving.

Not to mention just because you dont like something doesnt mean other people dont.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it's just me, but I'd rather have some differing opinions on a game deal, instead of just assuming that since it's a deal I should get it. Also, your analogy is just...weird.

this game is old and short. it's an alright game. 20 is it's max value although it's only about 6 hours long so a lot of people won't think it's a good value at this price.

It's okay to discuss the value of a game in the thread, your post just leads the conversation into a contentious territory. He wasn't saying anything inflammatory, he was just passing on the opinion that the game isn't worth buying at that price.
Anyways, let's drop it because belaboring the point any further would be ridiculous and would only hinder the real purpose of the thread.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Great deal for a great game. You can tell that they had the money to polish it even if it's short and limited in other ways.

It's certainly telling of the production values that this game looks better than enslaved which had two years to improve.[/QUOTE]

Good graphics =/= good game. You could have the prettiest game in the world, but if the gameplay isn't easy to learn and the character(s) aren't very memorable then it's not worth it at all.

The lack of a JUMP button in Heavenly Sword annoyed me to no end. A shiny turd is still just a turd.

For anyone who doesn't care if it's a new or used copy, GoHastings.com has copies of Heavenly Sword for $15.87 each(plus $4 or so shipping): http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Heavenly-Sword/sku/260480821.uts

There should be a code or two on the net you can find to take another 10-20% off at GoHastings.com as well.

I've actually been swayed to both buy and not buy games based upon people's opinion of the game here in the CAG forums. If I see a deal for a game, for say $20, followed by 10 posts of people saying: "buy it, it's awesome!" I'm more than likely to buy it based on that than the $20 mark. Same for negative posts. I use the CAG forums in this way too and if you don't that's fine.

And with that I'm done.

bread's done
Back