Blacklight: Tango Down(XBLA) - 1200 points

Josh80491

CAG Veteran
Blacklight: Tango Down is a FPS being released tomorrow for the XBLA. It is mainly multiplayer focused with a few Co-op missions.

It includes:
12 multiplayer maps.

Great weapon customization

7 Different gametypes

4 Co-op missions.

Some footage and developer interviews about the game are up to see on the xbox live arcade at the moment.

It really does look interesting as it caught my attention when the first video came out on the Marketplace 2 months ago. This has the potential to be the Battlefield 1943 of the summer of 2010, but I wonder how it will sell given it's a new IP vs. the established Battlefield name.

It's already superior to Battlefield 1943 in terms of content, and they have promised if it sells well to produce more content, unlike 1943 which EA has just left to gather dust.

The trailers make the game look awesome, I can't wait for this to come out. Just hope that it's got a healthy amount of people to support the online MP.

I'll check out the trial tomorrow, but still its online only so if the community sucks or is non-existent then the game will suffer.

Anybody else as pissed as I am about PSN releasing this title Late ... YET AGAIN F**KING SONY LAGGING BEHIND MICRO WTF!!!...its not like i cant get the game, I own every system. But F**k i'm sick of buying stuff off xbla because its up there first ... im too impatient ... then if i want something new off psn I have to buy one of their suck ass psn exclusives... o well ... point being i want this game bad preferably on the ps3 ...but should be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
If you buy PSN plus it just means you have to wait longer for all the content. The wait time on PSN pisses me off too.

I'm excited for this, specially since it's supposed to be only $15. I hope the game/community is as good as it looks like it could be.

[quote name='cheko']Anybody else as pissed as i am about PSN releasing this title Late ... YET AGAIN F**KING SONY LAGGING BEHIND MICRO WTF!!!...its not like i cant get the game because i own every system but F**k im sick of buying stuff off xbla because its up there first ... im to impatient ... then if i want something new off psn it got to buy one of thier suck ass psn exclusives... o well ... point being i want this game bad preferably on the ps3 ...but should be awesome[/QUOTE]

It's not always sony's fault, Microsoft is known to entice developers into time exclusive contracts.

[quote name='Meeza']It's not always sony's fault, Microsoft is known to entice developers into time exclusive contracts.[/QUOTE]
yea i know, i'm just angry about it because it's so constant. anyway, i hope the community is good to0. When Cellfactor came out it had potential then the community died... i use to have a blast on that game it was like unreal mixed with halo....for the price of 10$ made it so worth the buy and that much more fun.

Was interested, not anymore. There isn't a party system so you can't even play with your friends unless its a private match. It's a cool shooter, but not putting in the ability to play with friends in a MP only game is stupid.

Cool...thanks for the quick reply. I was up late last night and I was hoping to at least try it before bed but as of 3am PT it was still not up. I'll be sure to try it out tonight.

It's a good game, but the one thing that bothers me is not being able to play with a party unless it's a Private Match. In Quick Match, you can invite your friends, but it's not guaranteed that you will be on the same team.

[quote name='Daywalker']It's a good game, but the one thing that bothers me is not being able to play with a party unless it's a Private Match. In Quick Match, you can invite your friends, but it's not guaranteed that you will be on the same team.[/QUOTE]

This is what made me not buy the game.

Honestly that doesn't bother me, because I usually have more fun killing my friends, and then working together next match etc. Nothing's better than hearing your buddy scream profanities at you for having skillz, and then wreaking havoc together.

Okay, I dled the trial and gave it a swing. I hated the Black Ops thing, I hate the superfluous visuals, and I hate this game. The multi was alright, but I have to rely on people to be good at shooters and think tactically, and that's just asking too much. I hate people. This game also has maps where you can fall to your death. When are designers going to realize falling down holes makes me want to kill myself? The menus for the loadouts and such are confusing at first, and it's just not nice to look at. Save your money for something more fun, like getting mugged.

[quote name='DrSodaberg']Okay, I dled the trial and gave it a swing. I hated the Black Ops thing, I hate the superfluous visuals, and I hate this game. The multi was alright, but I have to rely on people to be good at shooters and think tactically, and that's just asking too much. I hate people. This game also has maps where you can fall to your death. When are designers going to realize falling down holes makes me want to kill myself? The menus for the loadouts and such are confusing at first, and it's just not nice to look at. Save your money for something more fun, like getting mugged.[/QUOTE]

i want to buy it just to spite this post.

id rather have it on pc, ill give the demo a go and see if any of my friends are picking it up on xbla

[quote name='DrSodaberg']I hate people. This game also has maps where you can fall to your death. When are designers going to realize falling down holes makes me want to kill myself? [/QUOTE]

When are you going to start looking for holes to keep from falling down them?

[quote name='DrSodaberg'] I have to rely on people to be good at shooters and think tactically, and that's just asking too much.

When are designers going to realize falling down holes makes me want to kill myself? [/QUOTE]

You mean "think tactically" like "look for holes so you don't fall the fuck down them?"

[quote name='Survivalism']You mean "think tactically" like "look for holes so you don't fall the fuck down them?"[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why it's called Tango Down? :D

[quote name='faceturd']Thats a real shame... how else do you want to play this if not with friends?[/QUOTE]
it really is a shame. they can create a game. know coding, are people who have minds, YET they cant include or fathom the idea of including a way to play with friends online (party) ala lost planet 2

Played some of the demo. If I wanted a game with lofty controls that looked like Killzone 2, I'd buy Killzone 2 (and the dual shock 3 will take care of the rest).

Thumbs down from me.

It sure makes playing Modern Warfare 2 appealing, again... looks like passing is becoming a recurring theme in this thread.

I like the ambition. The controls felt super loose at first, but I was able to reign them in after a while. Still on the fence about a buy though.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']No campaign but it does have some co-op missions. Not sure how long that is since I haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]

That's the reason why I wont try/grab it. The way multiplayer XBLA games go, it should be dead in a couple months. Then the game is worthless since it has no single player experience.

[quote name='lordopus99']That's the reason why I wont try/grab it. The way multiplayer XBLA games go, it should be dead in a couple months. Then the game is worthless since it has no single player experience.[/QUOTE]

But in a lot of ways we are talking about a $10-15 multiplayer focused experience? Wouldn't 4 hours justify that kind of $$? I've played many $60 games at or under 10 hours with no real-replay value.

Ok folks, apparently if you and your friends put on the same clan tag you will be put on the same team every time in matchmaking.

Thinking about getting it now.

[quote name='life.exe']Ok folks, apparently if you and your friends put on the same clan tag you will be put on the same team every time in matchmaking [/QUOTE]

Thx for the info

I don't like the whole thing where you can't aim down your iron sights, just this sightly zoomed in thing. Kinda strange.

TDM is more or less broken. Played a game where our team was barely winning, when the other team decided to camp their own spawn. We then had the choice of either sitting around picking our noses for five minutes, or running into their spawn and getting torn up by the auto turrets. My team unfortunately chose the later and we lost the lead. Even if my team stayed put outside their spawn, each team would have just sat on their respective sides doing nothing for 5 minutes.

Xbox 360 has a TON of shooters which you can buy for 15-20 dollars, and which are significantly better than this game. I don't understand the appeal, I'll stick with Battlefield, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, etc.

So recently I downloaded the arcade trial of this game and I love it, the gameplay is fast fun and keeps the energy going. But I wanna know what else do you guys think of this game.

Does it exceed your expectations for a arcade dlc only game?

And does the fact that the full game being only 1200 points appeal to you the consumer?

If so why and what do you like specifically about it?

That's all for now peeps

btw sorry for the typo in the thread title "discussion"

Last edited by a moderator:
so how is the game now overall? I tried the demo for an hour and really liked it. But I don't wanna buy this game today and then soon thereafter the online community dies down and fades away because then it's wasted money. I've been playing shooter games for a really long time and all types of other games and I actually did pretty decent. You can't ask for mw2 as an arcade version for $15 but I think for the price it offers alot and you just gotta get used to it. I had a friend play the demo with me and he said it sucked.....but then he started getting kills and got better at the game and liked it as well.

[quote name='intoxicated662']so how is the game now overall? I tried the demo for an hour and really liked it. But I don't wanna buy this game today and then soon thereafter the online community dies down and fades away because then it's wasted money. I've been playing shooter games for a really long time and all types of other games and I actually did pretty decent. You can't ask for mw2 as an arcade version for $15 but I think for the price it offers alot and you just gotta get used to it. I had a friend play the demo with me and he said it sucked.....but then he started getting kills and got better at the game and liked it as well.[/QUOTE]

People are awfully quick to praise a low budget shooter it seems. Perhaps the fact that a smaller developer created it and is selling it for cheap makes the whole experience more enjoyable in a more tightly knit, player-developer kind of bond. Kind of how people love listening to small, local bands with a singer who has a cracking voice -- but they appreciate the effort of the artists nonetheless, and are proud to help promote them.

Blacklight is good fun, there's no denying it. Shooting people online is enjoyable, ranking up is gratifying, there's a respectable amount of game modes, it has some nifty looking futuristic themes, weapons, and abilities. But what exactly are you paying for here? The developer of this game isn't some garage band down the street handing out CDs for you to listen to, they are charging you $15 and are offering an alternative to other contemporary shooters.

And when we compare Blacklight to any other decent shooter in the past 5-6 years? What you get is a game with mediocre gun play, a carbon copy of the recently popular design of CoD and BF's custom class and rank system, a sketchy looking presentation with only a couple of "neat" effects, drab map design, and broken spawn point mechanics..

You don't need to feel obligated to purchase an indie shooter simply because it's indie. These developers are ripping you off. If all you need to enjoy a shooter is a working online mode, weapon progression, and fancy looking gun scopes -- well where have you been for the past decade?

Even I think a game like Modern Warfare 2 is a little over praised -- but that doesn't mean I'm going to stoop this low for my FPS fix. It's the year 2010, don't be fooled.

bread's done
Back