Blacklight: Tango Down(XBLA) - 1200 points

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Game is meh tried for for like 2 minutes. Won't be picking this one up.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#32 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

It sure makes playing Modern Warfare 2 appealing, again... looks like passing is becoming a recurring theme in this thread.

Ugly, like you.

#33 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

I like the ambition. The controls felt super loose at first, but I was able to reign them in after a while. Still on the fence about a buy though.
Posted Image

#34 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

No campaign but it does have some co-op missions. Not sure how long that is since I haven't played it yet.

That's the reason why I wont try/grab it. The way multiplayer XBLA games go, it should be dead in a couple months. Then the game is worthless since it has no single player experience.

#35 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

That's the reason why I wont try/grab it. The way multiplayer XBLA games go, it should be dead in a couple months. Then the game is worthless since it has no single player experience.

But in a lot of ways we are talking about a $10-15 multiplayer focused experience? Wouldn't 4 hours justify that kind of $$? I've played many $60 games at or under 10 hours with no real-replay value.

#36 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

Ok folks, apparently if you and your friends put on the same clan tag you will be put on the same team every time in matchmaking.

Thinking about getting it now.

#37 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

Ok folks, apparently if you and your friends put on the same clan tag you will be put on the same team every time in matchmaking

Thx for the info
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#38 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

I don't like the whole thing where you can't aim down your iron sights, just this sightly zoomed in thing. Kinda strange.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#39 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

TDM is more or less broken. Played a game where our team was barely winning, when the other team decided to camp their own spawn. We then had the choice of either sitting around picking our noses for five minutes, or running into their spawn and getting torn up by the auto turrets. My team unfortunately chose the later and we lost the lead. Even if my team stayed put outside their spawn, each team would have just sat on their respective sides doing nothing for 5 minutes.

#40 O00O00O00OO

O00O00O00OO

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:23 AM

Xbox 360 has a TON of shooters which you can buy for 15-20 dollars, and which are significantly better than this game. I don't understand the appeal, I'll stick with Battlefield, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, etc.

#41 GotXXRiceXX

GotXXRiceXX

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

So recently I downloaded the arcade trial of this game and I love it, the gameplay is fast fun and keeps the energy going. But I wanna know what else do you guys think of this game.

Does it exceed your expectations for a arcade dlc only game?

And does the fact that the full game being only 1200 points appeal to you the consumer?

If so why and what do you like specifically about it?

That's all for now peeps

btw sorry for the typo in the thread title "discussion"

Edited by GotXXRiceXX, 17 July 2010 - 12:42 AM.
typo in title

Posted Image

#42 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=266577

#43 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Merged new thread into pre existing one.
gwensigol8.png

#44 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

so how is the game now overall? I tried the demo for an hour and really liked it. But I don't wanna buy this game today and then soon thereafter the online community dies down and fades away because then it's wasted money. I've been playing shooter games for a really long time and all types of other games and I actually did pretty decent. You can't ask for mw2 as an arcade version for $15 but I think for the price it offers alot and you just gotta get used to it. I had a friend play the demo with me and he said it sucked.....but then he started getting kills and got better at the game and liked it as well.

#45 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

so how is the game now overall? I tried the demo for an hour and really liked it. But I don't wanna buy this game today and then soon thereafter the online community dies down and fades away because then it's wasted money. I've been playing shooter games for a really long time and all types of other games and I actually did pretty decent. You can't ask for mw2 as an arcade version for $15 but I think for the price it offers alot and you just gotta get used to it. I had a friend play the demo with me and he said it sucked.....but then he started getting kills and got better at the game and liked it as well.

People are awfully quick to praise a low budget shooter it seems. Perhaps the fact that a smaller developer created it and is selling it for cheap makes the whole experience more enjoyable in a more tightly knit, player-developer kind of bond. Kind of how people love listening to small, local bands with a singer who has a cracking voice -- but they appreciate the effort of the artists nonetheless, and are proud to help promote them.

Blacklight is good fun, there's no denying it. Shooting people online is enjoyable, ranking up is gratifying, there's a respectable amount of game modes, it has some nifty looking futuristic themes, weapons, and abilities. But what exactly are you paying for here? The developer of this game isn't some garage band down the street handing out CDs for you to listen to, they are charging you $15 and are offering an alternative to other contemporary shooters.

And when we compare Blacklight to any other decent shooter in the past 5-6 years? What you get is a game with mediocre gun play, a carbon copy of the recently popular design of CoD and BF's custom class and rank system, a sketchy looking presentation with only a couple of "neat" effects, drab map design, and broken spawn point mechanics..

You don't need to feel obligated to purchase an indie shooter simply because it's indie. These developers are ripping you off. If all you need to enjoy a shooter is a working online mode, weapon progression, and fancy looking gun scopes -- well where have you been for the past decade?

Even I think a game like Modern Warfare 2 is a little over praised -- but that doesn't mean I'm going to stoop this low for my FPS fix. It's the year 2010, don't be fooled.

UjCoyFa.png