CAGcast #204: 11 Minute Deadlock

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:14 AM

Tons of games are discussed this week, including: Singularity, Crackdown 2, Transformers, Lego Harry Potter, Kane & Lynch 2, Puzzle Quest 2, and Ancients of Ooga. We've also got the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and much more!

Download - 89 minutes, 42MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 08 July 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#2 DragonX2

DragonX2

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

Just what the doctor ordered

#3 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

yay!

#4 drew327

drew327

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

Lol Wombat just disappears.

#5 ramatut4001

ramatut4001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

Perfect. I have a long drive today.

#6 Dr Cliff Huxtable

Dr Cliff Huxtable

All Hail Dude Huge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

I love getting the podcast on Thursday morning right before I get off of work, it makes 3am-5am just a little bit easier.

Downloading it to my Droid now, can't wait to listen to some good ol' shenanigans.
Too many games, too little time

#7 TheToiletDuck

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

I loved it how CheapyD was fact checking Ship like he actually thought he might be wrong :P

Lol Wombat just disappears.

I know right? He must have been kicking himself for not being around when Cheapy was talking about his wrists not being able to take it.

#8 johnnyrocker360

johnnyrocker360

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

Good show guys but I have to disagree, Bioshock 2 was a great game. I enjoyed it very much and it's one of my favorite games this year.
Blarg

Posted Image

#9 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

The file I sent to Cheapy was missing my last 15 minutes. I have the full file but those amazing jokes will now never be heard by the masses.

#10 newslowsad

newslowsad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

Throwing this on my iPod for work now.
Posted Image

#11 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

This is a bit late as it was discussed on last weeks podcast but I, as Shipreck, love banana ice cream. It's amazing.

That is all.

#12 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

How do I sign up for the "Hour of Victory Tour"? I'm more than willing to subject myself to torture for a few hours; I've already listened to every Joystiq podcast.

#13 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

I'm so glad that I finished and enjoyed Transformers: WFC before listening to you guys put it down.
Posted Image

#14 katzd2007

katzd2007

It's a me katzd woo hoo!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

Another great Cagcast when are you guys going to do another live one?
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

I just want to point out that Boatcrash says "do do" at 15:33. It's the little things that make me laugh. Finally a subtle poop joke from someone other than Cheapy. lol.

#16 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

Jmac fans unite!

Posted Image

#17 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

Loved the developer theater! you guys are back to your usual selves after that infighting 2 episodes ago. I forgot to log in for the last episode but my mom's commentary was the best. "They are actually talking about games for once instead of shit." ROFL.
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

Im not even that big of a Transformers game, I havent even seen the second movie and Im enjoying it alot. Like the coop, escalation, and versus modes.

#19 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Ship, how can you forget about Dragon Quest as one of the new releases? Unless, you were being sarcastic. Anyways I always enjoy your input, keep up the great work.

#20 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

Ship, how can you forget about Dragon Quest as one of the new releases? Unless, you were being sarcastic. Anyways I always enjoy your input, keep up the great work.

Dragon Quest IX comes out this coming Sunday. That usually falls under next week's releases on our show. That's why I was caught off guard.

Edited by shipwreck, 08 July 2010 - 07:33 PM.

"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#21 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

Shippy, you forgot my shout out, I am sad.

Btw, Mushihimesama and EspGaluda 2 rawks.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#22 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

Shippy, you forgot my shout out, I am sad.

Btw, Mushihimesama and EspGaluda 2 rawks.

if it helps, we talked about you after the show

#23 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

Jimmymac finally got banned? Good, Fuck that rat bastard.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#24 FinalBloodfest

FinalBloodfest

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

The description of the deadlock in Singularity sounds exactly like Timeshift... and that game was pretty bad...

#25 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

Shipwreck was right, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga had online co-op.

#26 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

if it helps, we talked about you after the show

oh man, i hope it was a positive discussion, lol.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#27 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:51 PM

Dragon Quest IX comes out this coming Sunday. That usually falls under next week's releases on our show. That's why I was caught off guard.

No problem. Regardless I would like to hear your thoughts on it in the next CagCast if you pick it up.

#28 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

Lebron is choosing between Chicago, Cleveland, and Miami, not New York and New Jersey.

Ludia just sucks at making these game show games, as they also released them on Wii and the iPhone and are now putting them on the PS3, too. I feel sorry for anybody that buys the games they are putting out.

Cheapy, you should just watch Giant Bomb's Quick Look for Limbo to see more of the actual game than a trailer allows. Limbo's the only game of the list that is interesting, which is sad since I've enjoyed most of the games they've had in previous years. I expected every game to be $15 this year since there have been more and more $15 games this year.

I really don't need another slow-loading app on the Xbox 360 dashboard and the ability to see what your friends rated a game should've been a part of the ratings system when it was first added. They either need to block ratings until the game is out or require you to own the game to be able to rate it. The dashboard is slow enough as it is without more crap that just piles it on.

Activision already gets a substantial amount of money from the MW2 map pack sales and they also signed a big exclusivity deal with MS over map packs for the next two Call of Duty games. I don't really see why they should get a cut of subscription sales and even then, they'd have to share with every other publisher and developer unless there's a way to tell exactly why each person signed up for Live and distribute the money accordingly.

Cheapy's body/arms/hands couldn't handle holding the Wii Remote and Nunchuck and now he can't handle a PC mouse? You can use a wired Xbox 360 controller on a lot of PC games on Steam if you're that concerned about the mouse.

Good show.

#29 kashwashwa

kashwashwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Jimmymac finally got banned? Good, Fuck that rat bastard.

That clip was from ages ago if I remember correctly. I was wondering what made cheapy decide to throw it on the end of this episode. I'm not complaining, I loved it the first time - pretty hilarious...
Posted Image

#30 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

I still don't get why people ask serious video game questions to the 2 most uniformed people ever to record video game podcast.

Maybe they hope Ship will speak up.

-What has been proposed with the 3DS is much of the control will move to the round nub (slide pad)