CAGcast #204: 11 Minute Deadlock

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

That clip was from ages ago if I remember correctly. I was wondering what made cheapy decide to throw it on the end of this episode. I'm not complaining, I loved it the first time - pretty hilarious...

yea, sounded familiar. i guess that's what Cheapy decided to replace Wombat's missing 15 minutes with?
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#32 chesspiece_face

chesspiece_face

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

Not only does Activision get money for the content they sell on Xbox Live but wait... how much is Microsoft paying them to have that content be exclusive to Xbox Live? And this guy thinks they should get more? Shut up.

#33 newslowsad

newslowsad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

Good episode. Glad the good vibes are back. Agree with Cheapy that Limbo looks great.
Posted Image

#34 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

Not finished with the show yet but I think here's another fart from someone on the cast (Wombat?) at 55:40 to 55:41.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#35 shafnitz

shafnitz

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

Cheapy: I found this out by accident a few weeks ago, if you delete the Zune marketplace item from your storage device, watching your game videos goes back to the old better way. I don't ever rent or buy anything from the Zune marketplace, so I'm not missing anything.

Shafnitz.png

#36 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

Not only does Activision get money for the content they sell on Xbox Live but wait... how much is Microsoft paying them to have that content be exclusive to Xbox Live? And this guy thinks they should get more? Shut up.

Fuck Activision. They're such whores for money...

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#37 ramatut4001

ramatut4001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:20 AM

Cheapy: I found this out by accident a few weeks ago, if you delete the Zune marketplace item from your storage device, watching your game videos goes back to the old better way. I don't ever rent or buy anything from the Zune marketplace, so I'm not missing anything.

Hey, I'm going to try that. Thanks!

#38 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:28 AM

That's what I did, and I'm perfectly fine with it. The fact that they don't have an option for BOTH on the dash at once is a joke. Along with a lot of other things on the dash.

Shipwreck, you could easily put Dragon Quest IX on next week's Sweet Releases since it launches on the traditional Nintendo Sunday, along with the Blue DSiXL. However, if you forget Metroid Other M's release date, you will get a midly upset PM :lol:

However, there isn't much I can say about the show. Wombat was Wombat, Shipwreck was Shiprwreck and Cheapy was...uh....yeah, you get the idea.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#39 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:32 AM

Thanks Ship for Lebron.. we'll take good care of him!!!!!
Posted Image

#40 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:34 AM

Just came here to post the same thing. It's soooo much faster.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#41 bebop

bebop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:09 AM

Frisky took the word right out of my mouth.

Cheapy's body/arms/hands couldn't handle holding the Wii Remote and Nunchuck and now he can't handle a PC mouse? You can use a wired Xbox 360 controller on a lot of PC games on Steam if you're that concerned about the mouse.

Cheapy does have a point. I imagine he spends a large amount of time at the computer running CAG. But carpal tunnel at your age? Really?

#42 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

Just came here to post the same thing. It's soooo much faster.

Can the zune marketplace be redownloaded, and work correctly after deletion?

#43 sunfiredragon

sunfiredragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

Ship - Are you going to do a review of the Lego Harry Potter game? The gf and I hated Lego Indy 2 because only one of you could earn the achievements at a time, and they took the collectibles out of the stages and placed them in the "hub" worlds.

We've historically liked the Lego games, but were disappointed by the lack of depth in the levels and the retarded saving to only one gamertag system they have. I'm hoping HP is a little better.

#44 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:05 PM

Activision already gets a substantial amount of money from the MW2 map pack sales and they also signed a big exclusivity deal with MS over map packs for the next two Call of Duty games. I don't really see why they should get a cut of subscription sales and even then, they'd have to share with every other publisher and developer unless there's a way to tell exactly why each person signed up for Live and distribute the money accordingly.

:applause:Agreed. Doesn't seem fair since Activision doesn't have to put up any of the server costs and Xbox is actually doing them a favor since Activision doesn't have to host the CoD servers like they do for the PS3.

#45 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

Ship - Are you going to do a review of the Lego Harry Potter game? The gf and I hated Lego Indy 2 because only one of you could earn the achievements at a time, and they took the collectibles out of the stages and placed them in the "hub" worlds.

We've historically liked the Lego games, but were disappointed by the lack of depth in the levels and the retarded saving to only one gamertag system they have. I'm hoping HP is a little better.

Yes, they're will be a review sometime next week. We're going to play more this weekend.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#46 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

I really enjoyed the show as always guys! And much like Shipwreck, I review games for Gamerfill.com (shameless plug) and I get my play time in when my wife goes to sleep. I too average about 5 hours of sleep a night, so it was nice to hear I was not the only one, and totally felt where he was coming from.

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#47 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

Lego HP is by far the best Lego game from a content standpoint, but it is also the buggiest (especially with the achievements). Many of the achievements are one player only, so when you combine that with the bugs/glitches it could take four full playthroughs to get all 1,000 points for two players. That won't come out in Shipwreck's review unless he goes for 100%.

I hope Shipwreck watched the movies over the last week because the story is completely nonsensical otherwise.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#48 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

Shipwreck:

You mentioned your opinion that Sony is releasing the move a little prematurely (instead of during the holiday period like microsoft's kinect).

While I see your point, do you (as well as Cheapy and Wombat) think this could be just as attributable to bad marketing as it is to recognizing that Microsoft gained an advantage over them by releasing the 360 before the PS3. In other words, could this just be Sony's reacting to the pressure to release their peripheral first in hopes of gaining a 360-like advantage.

Thanks for your thoughts.

#49 sunfiredragon

sunfiredragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

Lego HP is by far the best Lego game from a content standpoint, but it is also the buggiest (especially with the achievements). Many of the achievements are one player only, so when you combine that with the bugs/glitches it could take four full playthroughs to get all 1,000 points for two players. That won't come out in Shipwreck's review unless he goes for 100%.

I hope Shipwreck watched the movies over the last week because the story is completely nonsensical otherwise.

That is disappointing to hear, but not unsurprising. We always shoot for 100%, and I don't really want to deal with playing through upwards of (really, 4!?) four times. I appreciate the info though.

#50 bjkrautk

bjkrautk

Now with Added Sarcasm.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Re: things you get with PSN+

I think it was Cheapy who asked about whether you get to keep the 'free' DLC that comes with PSN+ membership after that membership lags.

It isn't free....and I can't stand when people say things like that. If you're not paying for PSN+, you would otherwise have to pay for this content. If you are paying the subscription fee for PSN+....you've made a down-payment on anything/everything you actually utilize that comes with the service.

I see the misuse of the word 'free' in commercials all the time. Adding things to a service you're already paying for doesn't mean that the new thing is free; if you can't get the new thing without paying for the old thing....then the new thing isn't free. I understand why marketers want to use the word - it has a certain magnetism that I'm sure most CAGs appreciate. Of course, if we aren't the ones to point out this obvious logical flaw....who will?

Just because you're not going to your digital wallet at the point of download, that doesn't make it free.

#51 bigloser

bigloser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

I haven't listen to the Cagcast in awhile because the podcast is no longer being uploaded to the Zune Marketplace.

#52 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

:applause:Agreed. Doesn't seem fair since Activision doesn't have to put up any of the server costs and Xbox is actually doing them a favor since Activision doesn't have to host the CoD servers like they do for the PS3.

Servers? What servers? If COD had any servers, it wouldn't have to rechoose the host everytime they left.

I think the only servers they run on the PC and PS3 are those worthless matchmaking servers.

Shipwreck:

You mentioned your opinion that Sony is releasing the move a little prematurely (instead of during the holiday period like microsoft's kinect).

While I see your point, do you (as well as Cheapy and Wombat) think this could be just as attributable to bad marketing as it is to recognizing that Microsoft gained an advantage over them by releasing the 360 before the PS3. In other words, could this just be Sony's reacting to the pressure to release their peripheral first in hopes of gaining a 360-like advantage.

Thanks for your thoughts.

It's not bad marketing. The slim PS3 also released September of 2009 and it sold amazingly well thru the holidays, better than the 360.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#53 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

Assume show guys. The clip at the end was riDONKulous.

#54 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

Good show guys. i missed wombat at the end though, stupid technology!

Edit: also what's up with the really old JimmieMac voicemail that you played on a cast along time ago at the end? did i miss something in this show?

#55 padlok

padlok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

Cheapy
I hate that ZUNE video/marketplace too.
I just know I used to have a simple tab for VIDEOS, then one day I couldn't get to my videos without setting up the ZUNE update. Within minutes I had spam mail from MS to say thanks for buying and using your zune on the zune marketplace. WTF??? I don't have a zune I don't use the zune marketplace. I simply watch game trailers on my xbox. It's just a way of MS fudging and boosting the ZUNE numbers. Total MS-BS. I also hate that everytime I go into my videos the Transformers and X-files trailers are there and I can't get rid of them. I HATED the Transformer movie. Why can't I delete it???

Shipwreck
My iPhone 3GS slowed slightly and the battery life disappeared after upgrading to iOS4. I got in the habbit of clearing that multi-tasking Queue, I switched to the basic Apple supplied wallpaper and startup screens, then turned off a lot of the pointless push apps(like Facebook, etc etc), and did a shutdown and reboot. Now my battery life is close to normal. Before doing this my battery would go from 100% to 50% in an just over an hour on standby. Hope that helps.

just in. Blizzard has dropped the Real ID posting.

#56 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

Can the zune marketplace be redownloaded, and work correctly after deletion?

Yes. Just launch it from the channel from the dashboard and you will get a prompt to d/l it and hen another to update it
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#57 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

Yes. Just launch it from the channel from the dashboard and you will get a prompt to d/l it and hen another to update it

Cool, Thanks, I will delete it now, I just wanted to make sure I wasnt banishing myself from buying anything from the Zune Marketplace, not that I likely will, but I like to keep my options open.

#58 Marxist

Marxist

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

Stupid excuse for not wanting to get a new PC.

http://en.wikipedia..../Nintendo_thumb

So I guess you are going to stop playing video-games all together now?

#59 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:25 AM

Stupid excuse for not wanting to get a new PC.

http://en.wikipedia..../Nintendo_thumb

So I guess you are going to stop playing video-games all together now?

I'm definitely not playing the Cello anymore.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#60 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. That's a great tip!