CAGcast #204: 11 Minute Deadlock

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:04 AM

Cheapy does have a point. I imagine he spends a large amount of time at the computer running CAG. But carpal tunnel at your age? Really?

It has nothing to do with age and everything to do with activity & ergonomics. I developed carpal tunnel from playing too much Quake. ><

#62 stinkynate

stinkynate

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Cheapy:
I totally hummed the Sega sound to myself just before you did... creepy.

Also, about the PS+ content, pretty much every release from Sony says add-ons and themes are yours to keep forever, even after your subscription ends. The message just defaults to show for anything you download as part of the PS+ deals for some reason. My guess is they don't have any way set up to link addons and themes to expire like they do games. Games can have an expiration shown in their information, but add-ons install straight into the game data folder.

#63 Neji

Neji

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Great show as always guys. Glad that any bad will among the three of you seems to be thing of the past.
Just want to comment that the clip at the end of the show was freaky. What a self-absorbed guy!
Keep up the great work!

#64 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

Great show guys I'm glad to hear your discussion of Singularity and I'm glad it turned out to be a decent game. However, I turned the podcast off after you were done discussing the games you'd been playing because I found your news and stuff to be retreading territory left to more dedicated game bloggers.

Shipwreck, what sort of pellets would you say were in that Sumo chair?

#65 Goemar

Goemar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:05 AM

Great show guys, glad to see my question on there. Ship any info about Death Smiles coming to the UK or not would be hugely appreciated. Oh and if you see the other games that Cheapy expertly pronounced for a cheap price please let us fellow CAGs know and maybe you could pick up a few copies. $70 for a shmup is pretty painful on the wallet...

#66 Exton

Exton

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

I demand the return of Womberto.

#67 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

Shipwreck - I just listened to this week's CAGcast and I heard you are stuck on around 85,000 on Donkey Kong. I will bet anything you are on the third elevator stage and can't get past it - this is the level that you need more than pure skill to finish. You need to know how the level works in order to get past the springs.

Check out this diagram:

Posted Image

You want to run on the "A" spring and only go up the ladder if a "B" spring follows. If you get another "A" spring you have to run back to the safe spot (4). Also this video explains it pretty good:

From one Donkey Kong fan to the next, I hope this helps - once you get past here your score will skyrocket.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#68 supermidget

supermidget

Agent Short

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:06 AM

Is it just me, or has the Cagcast become one of the highlights of most people's week?
For the latest in video game rumors check out: http://www.vgrumorhq.com

#69 stinkynate

stinkynate

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:06 AM

Is it just me, or has the Cagcast become one of the highlights of most people's week?

You say this as if its a bad thing!

#70 Salmonday

Salmonday

Cranky Old Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

I was late in listening to this, so I'm late in commenting also, but JimmieMac should have been banned an extra week for that blatant ripoff of Denis Leary in his phone message...

#71 Salmonday

Salmonday

Cranky Old Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

Thought I had posted this before but my message never showed up.

To recap: JimmieMac should have been banned for an additional week for blatantly ripping off Denis Leary on that phone message.