Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/11/10 to 7/17/10)

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#151 formerroadie

formerroadie

Disgaeaversity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

I will be picking up dragon quest today yo! ;)

#152 clatu6

clatu6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

Picked up Singularity at Kmart for 35.00. Wow. That game is stupid fun. At that price I highly recommend picking it up.

#153 SirMikael

SirMikael

Touch Not This CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

Kmart has a $20 coupon toward future EA Sports purchases with NCAA. Didn't see it in the original post so I thought I'd mention it. The deal is in the ad.

I took advantage of this deal today with some co-workers, and we were able to get the coupon, pass it on to the next guy, and the next guy gets $20 off and gets a new coupon as well. After we were done, we worked it all out with the original guy who paid $60.

Fantastic deal, and I'm not sure why this isn't getting more attention.

#154 Easystride

Easystride

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Just to follow-up on the email I sent to Best Buy corporate regarding the price match at the Coon Rapids MN Best Buy. I got the following response:

(My name),

Thank you for taking the time to contact our corporate office (it's always nice to see some local contacts) about the price-match issue you ran into at Best Buy Coon Rapids. I am sorry to hear that the manager had turned down your request with ad and price match policy in hand. I trust that there was a reason for this outside of what I am seeing as this would qualify.

Regardless of that fact, I do want to honor your request and send you the $15 Best Buy Gift Card. I have your address at xxx. I will get this request sent out and you should see it in 7-10 business days. If the address is different from what we have on record, please let me know so I can update this and get it out to the right place.

I have created a formal case to send to store and district management about this as well. Please feel free to contact me back with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Best Regards,
(CS employee's name)
Best Buy Corporate Consumer Relations

Well, I'm happy. I hope that asshole manager gets a good talking to.

#155 letmein23

letmein23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

cool! i might go and get DS Chuck e Cheese party games this week. Still thinking about what other game to get too.

#156 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

Just to follow-up on the email I sent to Best Buy corporate regarding the price match at the Coon Rapids MN Best Buy. I got the following response:

(My name),

Thank you for taking the time to contact our corporate office (it's always nice to see some local contacts) about the price-match issue you ran into at Best Buy Coon Rapids. I am sorry to hear that the manager had turned down your request with ad and price match policy in hand. I trust that there was a reason for this outside of what I am seeing as this would qualify.

Regardless of that fact, I do want to honor your request and send you the $15 Best Buy Gift Card. I have your address at xxx. I will get this request sent out and you should see it in 7-10 business days. If the address is different from what we have on record, please let me know so I can update this and get it out to the right place.

I have created a formal case to send to store and district management about this as well. Please feel free to contact me back with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Best Regards,
(CS employee's name)

Good for you. I should have sent a letter too, but I've just decided to not shop there. I've been staying away from that place and just have been ordering from Amazon/Gamestop. One of my friends knew someone who worked at kmart, and they said one of the reasons they don't do price matches there has to do with expensive TVs/DVD/Bluray players. When they price match those, the ad doesn't give an exact model number and Kmart gets taken to the cleaners price matching. Obviously, games don't have this problem, but it's a global policy.

They don't realize that they lose business when they don't price match. I would have been more willing to stop in and buy games from BB, but because they're douches and don't match, it's highly unlikely I'll go there again.
Posted Image

#157 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

(My name),

Best Regards,
(CS employee's name)

what deal were you PMing?

#158 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

It sucks that some people had trouble price matching DQ9 at Best Buy. I attempted it today and succeeded, but it took a little patience.

I walked in with a TRU flyer and a printout of the Best Buy price match guarantee. The first person at customer service checked with someone and said they don't price match gift cards. I pulled out the printout and had her read it. She then passed me off to someone else.

This new person also refused me the gift card price match, and when I showed her the printout too, she went off and spoke with a manager for a few minutes. I was prepared to raise hell after a third refusal, but she agreed.

The receipt shows $15.00 was taken off the price of the game, and then a $15 GC was added. I was also able to use $15 in Reward Zone certs. They gave me no trouble on that.

This is the first time in 3-4 tries over the past year or so I've been able to successfully get them to honor the price match policy. All I can recommend is be polite, and go prepared - have the competitor flyer with you as well a printout of their price match policy ready to read when they deny you (and they probably will). You can even print one out in the store at their customer care kiosk by googling "Best Buy price match guarantee." Good luck!

#159 tiddled06

tiddled06

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

Cant seem to locate the printable Kmart ad for the Singularity game to price match at Walmart (Closest Kmart is around 80smiles away) Anyone know if its just in store priced or..?

#160 wrldindstries302

wrldindstries302

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

Both Toys R Us's by me were sold out of DQIX, so, remembering this thread I went to Kmart to see if they had. They had one copy left today, and it had a sticker that said "featured titles" were 50% off with purchase. To my surprise, "Dragon Quest" was in the list (with no number). They also, quite luckily, had one copy of Dragon Quest V left. So even though it didn't ring up as 50%, I got them to give me 50% DQV (which was still priced at $40). So I ended up paying $57 for DQIX, DQV, and the $10 coupon, which I think is a steal.

Thanks CAG!