$4.99 Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex PC - GCN- BB YMMV

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
I don't know if they are clearancing this game out or what but yesterday after going to the worst BB I have ever been to (story to come later), I found there a Crash Bandicoot. It was behind one of those tags that they have and it read 4.99 so I brought up one of the games and the lady at the counter scanned it in but it kept on showing up as 19.99 even though the sign back in the VG department said 4.99. So I brought her the sign and they discounted it to that price but then quickly took away the sign. I think only my BB does this as even on their 1-cent guides, after they put up the signs, aas soon as someone tries to buy them they take away the guides and the signs.

I grabbed a bunch of these over the last few months at my local BB. This was posted in CAG as well. Since the 2 for $30 sale, they jacked the price back up to $19.99. There are like 20 copies on the shelf at the NorthPoint Mall store in Alpharetta, GA. The tag on the shelf has been switched to $19.99. It's probably just a metter of time before they realize that it doesn't sell at $19.99 and they'll drop it back down.

[quote name='The_Continental']Grabbed it at $4.99 also - about 3 weeks ago.[/quote]

Oh, sorry I hope then that this wasn't a repost.

I saw a couple of these today. Didn't bother to get it rung up since I was sorta in a rush and I just wanted to get a couple guides. Has it really gone back up to $20?

Hmm... I love Crash games, but I haven't seen this game at my BB for maybe years.

If I could ever find it that cheap, I'd definitely pick it up.

This game had been sold out in my area, at the 3 BBs near me, but I presume that either this is stock that has been recently dug up/"found".

I went to my local Best Buy tonight to get another one of those retroCON controllers and saw that they had a lot of copies of this game - and the price was back at $19.99.

Oh well, at least I got in on this while it was still $4.99.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']I went to my local Best Buy tonight to get another one of those retroCON controllers and saw that they had a lot of copies of this game - and the price was back at $19.99.

Oh well, at least I got in on this while it was still $4.99.[/quote]

I'm just happy that I got in on this deal even though I was very late on it. Other people mihgt want to check their BB for mistagged items.

Three different BBs. All had the game, all at $19.99. But, I did do well on the penny guides and got 11 total at the different stores. One was cleaned out, but the last one had a bunch.

A more recent look at my local BB found a stack of Crash GCN for $19.99 as has been reported. I wonder if they hid these in the back when the price was under 5.

[quote name='lurknomore']A more recent look at my local BB found a stack of Crash GCN for $19.99 as has been reported. I wonder if they hid these in the back when the price was under 5.[/quote]

They did at the BB I go to. I asked an emplyoee about the game and he said he remembers seeing a stack of them in the back room. My guess is that they pulled them from the shelves until someone could change the price tags on the game.
They had to manually override the game's price to $5 when I brought it to the register.

bread's done
Back