Changes to PSN terms of service 7/10

physlics66

CAGiversary!
Just received an email about policy changes. Don't have time to look through the whole thing right now but I scanned through and noticed subscriptions will be auto-renewed. Is this new or did they do this with Qore?

10. SUBSCRIPTIONS
SCEA may offer you the opportunity to purchase subscriptions that provide access to particular products or services for a specified period of time. Subscriptions renew automatically unless you cancel the subscription. The cost of each subscription will automatically be deducted from your wallet at the beginning of each subscription term without further notice to you. Subscriptions may not be shared among any PSN accounts, including the Master Account with its associated Sub Accounts.

Some subscriptions may be single--product- or service-specific, while other subscriptions may be comprised of several content items, services or features, which may include special offers, discounted, free, paid-for, exclusive or early access content or automatic download of SCEA selected content. Individual content items and service within a composite subscription may also be offered for sale separately as a one-time purchase or single-product-specific subscription. Subscription charges may be increased at the end of each subscription term. As each product offering will have terms and conditions that vary, please review each product description, cost and subscription term carefully before purchase or download. As with all purchases, please print and retain a copy of your email purchase receipt for your reference.

SCEA may also offer a free trial period with some subscriptions. If you do not cancel your subscription before expiration of a trial period, your wallet will automatically be charged the cost of the subscription at the beginning of each subscription term without further notice to you. To avoid being charged, you must cancel your subscription prior to expiration. Please review all terms and conditions carefully before you accept any offer or promotion.

If you do not have sufficient funds in your wallet to cover the cost of your subscription at the time the subscription is renewed, the subscription will be cancelled unless the automatic funding feature on the Master Account is set to “ON.” If the automatic funding feature on the Master Account is set to “ON,” your credit card will be charged automatically the greater of the subscription cost or the Minimum Fee. Every time you or one of your associated Sub Accounts purchases a new subscription, the automatic funding feature in the Master Account is set automatically to “ON.” The Master Account holder may change this setting to “OFF” at any time. However, the setting will return to “ON” upon subsequent purchase of any subscription, so setting your automatic funding feature to “OFF” may not effectively cancel your subscription. In order to stop receiving a subscription and avoid being charged, you must cancel your subscription in the Account Management area.

If you no longer wish to receive your subscription, you must cancel your subscriptions via PSN account management or contact SCEA’s customer service at http://www.us.playstation.com/Corporate/ContactUs or the address located at the end of this Agreement. Cancellation will take effect at the beginning of the next subscription term. Except as otherwise stated in this Agreement, upon cancellation of your subscription or termination of the Master Account or Sub Account, you will not receive a refund or credit for any subscriptions for which you have paid.
Further, you will not be able to access content or services provided in your subscription except as permitted by SCEA. Content which you downloaded onto a device and which was provided to you through a subscription at no additional cost beyond the subscription price may not be accessible. Game play information, including trophies earned during a trial offer, promotional period or subscription term may not be available.

Yep. I'm sure at some point, someone will bitch and moan and PS3 will implement a automatic renewal link, like MS did.

Not a big deal. Most places do this in other industries. Auto renewing your subscription isn't a shock, and I didn't think this Policy Change was that new anyway. I saw this when Plus+ started.

[quote name='mitch079']Yep. I'm sure at some point, someone will bitch and moan and PS3 will implement a automatic renewal link, like MS did.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure there's something like that under account management.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm pretty sure there's something like that under account management.[/QUOTE]

Yes. And all you do is go turn it off, and that averts 99% of your bitching.

Thankfully for me I don't subscribe to any shit from Sony and I only fund my wallet with the pre-paid PSN cards, so I'll never have to worry about the auto renew junk.

But some of the other 'changes' kind of worried me, though those changes kinda slip my mind at this point. If I get a chance I'll quote the full email and highlight what I'm talking about.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have no problem with anything but the fact that they waited nearly 2 weeks to send out an e-mail notifying us about it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought too, so nice of them to inform us waaay after the fact, even if the changes mostly applied to PSN+.

[quote name='physlics66']Just received an email about policy changes. ...
Game play information, including trophies earned during a trial offer, promotional period or subscription term may not be available.[/I][/QUOTE]

Is this implying that if we play a 'free' game offered in PSN+ the trophies started, and attained will only show while subscribing, then after ward they'll disappear leaving no trace of your accomplishments?

bread's done
Back