Mirror's Edge PS3 only $11.14 @Amazon

[quote name='benjamouth']Geez, I paid $19.99 for it and it's still sitting on my shelf sealed. :cry:[/QUOTE]

It's like a 5 hour game. Crack that puppy open and love every minute of it.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']One of my favorite games of this generation. Still having my fingers crossed for a sequel. Doubt it tho. fucking EA[/QUOTE]

I thought Mirrors Edge 2 was already confirmed by EA?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Demo bored me to tears[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I'm really surprised by the praise it's getting. The demo was really just horrible.

[quote name='Mystery Man']Anybody know how long this deal might last?[/QUOTE]

It has been around this price for quite awhile. I have actually been watching it the past week, and it has dropped like $0.10 every day. Tomorrow it will probably be $11.04 :p Even months ago it was in the $11-$12 range.

I think Newegg usually has this for $9.99 (w/free shipping). That's how much I got mine for last year.

Mirror's Edge was definitely one of my favorite games so far this gen.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']One of my favorite games of this generation. Still having my fingers crossed for a sequel. Doubt it tho. fucking EA[/QUOTE]

Dude same here. Right after I beat it the first time, I went through it again right away, which is rare for me.

I really really hope they are making a sequel.

Ditto on all. Loved the game, prayed for talk of a sequel at E3, would love a sequel... Please.

[quote name='BrownCracker']I thought Mirrors Edge 2 was already confirmed by EA?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it sounds more like they're not really going on with the series....

[quote name='adoru']I think ME is actually a tentative trilogy, but who knows if that will happen. I love it too though.[/QUOTE]

A trilogy would be perfect...

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Snap this up peoples, great deal for one of the best games of this console gen.[/QUOTE]

I loved every bit of the game. I can understand the complaints of the people who didn't like it, but there was so much to enjoy. Every color popped and the environments were more beautiful than on any other game I've seen, and the FPParkour was pretty great. Combat wasn't the best, but more incentive to try and avoid it. The cutscenes were kind of crap, too, but what can you do? And the story may have been a bit thin, but I had no qualms with that when I ran through it. I may have my blinders on, but this is up there in my top games list.

Hating on EA for not making a sequel. Can't say I see that everyday.

Wasn't the game made by DICE anyway? They have their hands pretty full at the moment I'd say...Still, there are signs that a sequel is in the works. I wouldn't dismiss it yet.

This game is more "love it or hate it" than almost anything else this generation. When your character is running full on, doing tricks, making jumps, and keeping up momentum, it truly is unique and wonderful.

When you're trying to make a jump that requires multiple perfectly timed button presses from an awkward angle for the fifth time, it's frustrating. Love the visual style and pleased that EA at least tried this during their X-mas of innovation (this, Dead Space, and one other that I forget).

Sounds like the game is very, very much worth $12, even for like six hours of gameplay. But what's shipping on this baby? I know if you buy over $25 worth of stuff, the shipping is free, but obviously this is cheaper then that.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']one of the best games of this console gen.[/QUOTE]

Add me to this list. Good to hear a sequel is in the works considering the game tanked. Great style & visuals. Faith is a great character & the story is solid. Pulling off a successful Parkour run gives you a rush unlike any other game (probably due to the first person perspective). It's really something special.

I HIGHLY recommend going for the Test of Faith achievement on your first playthrough. Makes the game far more rewarding, IMO.

Looking at my achievements, I started the game on 8/27/09 and finished on 8/28/09, then spent 8/29 picking up random achievements. Short, but definitely worth experiencing.

[quote name='GUNNM']it's a shame the DLC never got a DOTW[/QUOTE]

Yea I've wondered if it'll ever be featured. $10 isa little too pricey for me, but would easily pay $5 for it.

I've been interested in this game so picked it up. I used the one month free Prime offer and $10 promo credit from when Glory of Heracles was ~11. So ~$12 spent for those 2 games seems like a good deal to me. Not to mention that promo credit was about to expire.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Izod517']Ditto, I'm really surprised by the praise it's getting. The demo was really just horrible.[/QUOTE]

As am I -- not only was this game headache inducing but it suffered from some of the worst level design I've ever seen. I suppose the whole "it's innovative" part was achieved but when that innovation comes at the expense of fun, I'm not so sure it's a smart step.

I applauded EA for putting this out but my thing is if you're going to release an innovative title, you need to put the real guns against it. One can tell this title was rushed, by far the most obvious indication being the cutscenes (they look like they were put together by an intern learning Flash). And that ending ... wow, just wow.

And I mean that in a bad way -- wow.

Save your $10-13 and put it towards a better game. May be DICE can iron everything out with the sequel, though I have my doubts whether we'll ever see it. The game unofficially tanked so I can't see EA putting major resources into it. It's sort of like how Ubisoft keeps insisted that Beyond and Good & Evil's sequel is still being made ... yeah, sure it is ... in their developers' spare time ... which is like a few hours every week. Won't be surprised when that (and this one) get quietly canned.

[quote name='markolonghorn']Xbox 360 version for $8.84 New on Amazon from Game-trade. Eligible for Amazon Prime[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!!! Got one.

Yeah thanks, got the 360 version for $8.84 too, might be worth updating the OP for. A great chance to use the free prime everyone just got.

[quote name='romeogbs19'] It's sort of like how Ubisoft keeps insisted that Beyond and Good & Evil's sequel is still being made ... yeah, sure it is ... in their developers' spare time ... which is like a few hours every week. Won't be surprised when that (and this one) get quietly canned.[/QUOTE]

Actually Ancel himself spoke about BG&E2 recently.

Another factor that is stretching out development time: "On this game, we're keeping the team small," he said, "to preserve creativity and so the game doesn't become a commercial product, so that it has soul." This also has the added benefit of keeping the budget low, limiting the chance that Ubisoft will cancel it.

Thought the price for this game would have been WAY down by now. Fun and memorable gameplay but garbage story and cutscenes, along with the frustrating maneuvers sometimes. I await the sequel.

The ps3 version went down a couple cents. It's now $11.00. I wonder how long it'll keep dropping in price?

[quote name='markolonghorn']Xbox 360 version for $8.84 New on Amazon from Game-trade. Eligible for Amazon Prime[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Grabbed one. Have been curious about this game.

In regards to a sequel, there was an iPad game released a couple of months ago (and I think eventually on the iPhone). Not really a sequel, obviously, but supposedly it's pretty darn good. No clue what the deal is on a true sequel, though.

By the way, Amazon is all out of stock of the PS3 version at the moment -- they're selling it through a third party now. $15.49 (+tax?) shipped.

Edit: BTW, don't forget there's a couple of free DLC Pure levels (in addition to the non-free ones). Be sure to pick those up if you want a couple more free levels.

[quote name='JMEPO']Amazon is trying to charge me $7 for shipping. fuck that.[/QUOTE]

There it is! I was waiting for the shipping price on this thing to be revealed. I had a feeling that a game this cheap would have a deal-killing shipping fee.

Kinda like when Dark Sector goes on sale every now and again for like a dollar, but shipping is like $14.

[quote name='freeorelse']If it's shipped by amazon you can get free shipping at $25 or always free with prime. Really nothing new about that.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like the PS3 version is eligible for the free shipping.

[quote name='Wedgie']Doesn't look like the PS3 version is eligible for the free shipping.[/QUOTE]
that's b/c amazon and the other retailer that had the fulfilled by amazon label both sold out. it may or may not return to $11 when they get more in stock.

bread's done
Back