Mirror's Edge PS3 only $11.14 @Amazon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:49 PM

It's sort of like how Ubisoft keeps insisted that Beyond and Good & Evil's sequel is still being made ... yeah, sure it is ... in their developers' spare time ... which is like a few hours every week. Won't be surprised when that (and this one) get quietly canned.

Actually Ancel himself spoke about BG&E2 recently.

Another factor that is stretching out development time: "On this game, we're keeping the team small," he said, "to preserve creativity and so the game doesn't become a commercial product, so that it has soul." This also has the added benefit of keeping the budget low, limiting the chance that Ubisoft will cancel it.

#32 Jhuntley

Jhuntley

Is not a robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

Thought the price for this game would have been WAY down by now. Fun and memorable gameplay but garbage story and cutscenes, along with the frustrating maneuvers sometimes. I await the sequel.
My Favorite Games of This Gen: Alan Wake series, Call of Duty series, Shadows of the Damned, Saints Row III
My Most Hated Games This Gen: Battlefield series, Uncharted series
Posted Image

#33 Nodarg

Nodarg

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

The ps3 version went down a couple cents. It's now $11.00. I wonder how long it'll keep dropping in price?

#34 kynetarse

kynetarse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Xbox 360 version for $8.84 New on Amazon from Game-trade. Eligible for Amazon Prime

Thanks! Grabbed one. Have been curious about this game.

#35 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

Amazon is trying to charge me $7 for shipping. Fuck that.

#36 Nodarg

Nodarg

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

I'm gonna order it with Bayonetta today to get free shipping. :D

#37 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

In regards to a sequel, there was an iPad game released a couple of months ago (and I think eventually on the iPhone). Not really a sequel, obviously, but supposedly it's pretty darn good. No clue what the deal is on a true sequel, though.

By the way, Amazon is all out of stock of the PS3 version at the moment -- they're selling it through a third party now. $15.49 (+tax?) shipped.

Edit: BTW, don't forget there's a couple of free DLC Pure levels (in addition to the non-free ones). Be sure to pick those up if you want a couple more free levels.

#38 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

Amazon is trying to charge me $7 for shipping. Fuck that.

There it is! I was waiting for the shipping price on this thing to be revealed. I had a feeling that a game this cheap would have a deal-killing shipping fee.

Kinda like when Dark Sector goes on sale every now and again for like a dollar, but shipping is like $14.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#39 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

If it's shipped by amazon you can get free shipping at $25 or always free with prime. Really nothing new about that.

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#40 Wedgie

Wedgie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

If it's shipped by amazon you can get free shipping at $25 or always free with prime. Really nothing new about that.

Doesn't look like the PS3 version is eligible for the free shipping.

#41 Digital Idiot

Digital Idiot

User has been disabled.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

I really enjoyed this game, beat it without using guns - it's harder that way but the gunplay sucks so much it makes it a better experience! :)

#42 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

Doesn't look like the PS3 version is eligible for the free shipping.

that's b/c amazon and the other retailer that had the fulfilled by amazon label both sold out. it may or may not return to $11 when they get more in stock.