CAGcast #205: Steve Job

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#91 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

More stories would've been great. CheapyD talking about his lost iPhone was funny. What was less funny was how little he cares about expensive devices being lost according to his twitter

"Lost my iphone in a cab but I didn't want it anyway"

I don't know but that has a rich kid vibe to me. Like you can just throw away iphones and not worry about it. It's your stuff though.

Yeah, that tweet was a joke. I did everything possible to try to get it back.
However, I'm not going to cry over losing my 2 year old cellphone when I had already reserved it's replacement 2 weeks earlier.

Despite my boyish good looks, I'm about 20 years past being a kid.

#92 ChaoticClimax

ChaoticClimax

It's an Illusion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

I came into this thread for a reason. I want to see shirtless Wombat with the necklace. Make it happen.
Posted Image
PS3 Trophy Card didn't work very well, nor do I give a shit about PS3 trophies. I assure you though, I have a PS3.

#93 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

I've never understood people that refuse to get a sports game because of the person on the cover. It's never made any sense why something so trivial could be such a big deal.

Especially with all the sites offering custom covers you can print. It cost $1-$2 to get a full color print replacement done if you don't have a color printer.

While I understand the point of defending Kotaku and all, they've changed a lot lately and it's becoming a worse blog each day.

I have given up on them as well. I keep telling myself to remove them from my RSS reader, but never do. Just the other day they ran an article and completely flipped the facts despite restating them in the source link.

http://kotaku.com/55...-national-title

The literally just fixed it.

It seems like it was a dumb decision to have Sessler do commentary for games he knew nothing about.

Sessler is the big cheese and big draw over there now. He obviously underestimated the amount of working knowledge that was required. It was probably all part of the back-room deal to get on G4.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#94 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

good show this week. I watched the live stream of evo tournament as well. It was a disappointment when the stream dropped (it did on two different occasions at least for me) but overall i thought it was a good start and i really hope to see it again. The marvel vs. Capcom 3 gameplay was really what i enjoyed the most outside of gamerbee's adon and watching markman handing out those gold arcade sticks.

gold <3

Reigning Super CAG Fighting Quiz Game Winner plus Alpha@ hyper-turbo.eXtreme!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SDTEKKEN - TekkenZaibatsu - Mad Catz - EVO2010

#95 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

Sessler is the big cheese and big draw over there now. He obviously underestimated the amount of working knowledge that was required. It was probably all part of the back-room deal to get on G4.

The EVO/G4 people probably should've picked somebody better that wasn't going to be the dumb guy that can't add anything to the action. I don't think Sessler would be the kind of guy to force his way into the part, so I'd bet that he was a part of the G4 deal even though it backfired. They should just hire a special correspondent for this type of thing from now on.

#96 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

gold <3

what stick do you recommend for the next Deadliest Warrior tourny?

#97 bigwightdog

bigwightdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

I would like to point out that I prefer Guiness Stout, but when it's 100 degrees you just can't drink that stuff like you can Blue Moon. On the Shipwreck passing out front, he usually only does it when anything medical is occurring. Or if I pretend to take his pulse - the idea of blood in his own veins makes him woozy. I once had an IV line put in after I got bit at work - the doctors were trying to clean the wound and all of a sudden they rush away to Ship who is clearly going to end up in a heap on the floor. That was fun.

Wow, not only can you get bit by a kinkajou and not pass out, but you like an excellent dark and full-bodied beer. Props to you Mrs. Ship.

#98 bigwightdog

bigwightdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

This was one of the most entertaining Cagcasts for so many reasons I'm not going to list them.

But I do want to take my favorite CAGcaster a little bit to task. Wombat, what were you talking about when you said Tim Tebow wouldn't like Cheapy? I don't know Tim personally, but I know enough to say thats not likely true. Hopefully you didn't mean to say that Tim wouldn't like Cheapy because he is not: a Southerner, a Florida Gator, a home-schooler, or a Christian.

I'll just go ahead and say it, I'm not a New Yorker or Jewish (or agnostic) and that in no way prevents me from liking Cheapy either.

Oh and another thing. Xbox Pure FTW. I will now only refer to the previously unnamed 360 S as Pure. MS leaving it nameless now makes sense. They were just waiting until this came along. Its a 3-step genius plan: get Major Nelson on board, Xbox Pure, Kotaku coupon partner...come on vamonos! (those with young kids should get this)

Edited by bigwightdog, 16 July 2010 - 08:34 PM.

#99 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

To continue to Kotaku hate:
http://kotaku.com/55...tridge playback

I'm not going to go pro/against piracy or backups but, does a gaming blog really need to tell you this?

Cue in Wombat:

I wonder when Kotaku will post that blog about how to rob a bank, I mean backup my savings account

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#100 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

To continue to Kotaku hate:
http://kotaku.com/55...tridge playback

I'm not going to go pro/against piracy or backups but, does a gaming blog really need to tell you this?

Cue in Wombat:

I wouldn't classify Kotaku as a gaming blog anymore... more like "that site that sometimes talks about games that are will do anything for page views".

http://kotaku.com/55...-11-tebow-cover

The article goes on to tell you though that the cover might be fake because Owen couldn't confirm it. So not only is it a stupid story, but it's a story that might not even be real? It's like throwing in Alabama + NCAA + Tebow will hope to generate some page views and get them linked elsewhere.

#101 Khalid

Khalid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:57 AM

It's kinda weird that they stop to post about the NPD numbers but they still do articles on Japanese sales. Last one they did was on April NPD numbers.

#102 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

I would love to see a video of Wombat grooving on the guitar or bass & Cheapy tooting his own horn.

Someone make this happen.

I hope horn tooting isn't a euphemism.

#103 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

I totally understand you when you say Kotaku has lost its focus. Also I saw your tweet about their article about DS ROM's. That's one of the reasons I stopped reading that blog. And when the readers creative criticism them it usually results in the editors responding negatively or a banning. They should just drop the whole "gaming" shtick.

Posted Image

#104 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'm in agreement with the Kotaku conversation. I've actually gotten banned there twice for the most ridiculous reasons. They had a story about cosmic rays. There wasnt even a connection with games. All I said was "Am I at Kotaku?" and get banned.

http://kotaku.com/55...osmic-particles

Other time I got banned for calling out Kotaku readers as a bunch of Japanophiles. For some reason the site is filled with them, and im sure Ashcraft is part of the blame. And those same people CRY like bitches when Kotaku posts a story about Japanese devs saying their industry is dying and western games are better. Some of the comments coming from those people are really pathetic, like one person saying "I will never play anything made western, I only play japanese games".

#105 lowgear26

lowgear26

Marriage Kills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

Okay Cheapy, we get it, you don't like Kotaku. Everyone gets it, you try to cover it up but its really obvious, and hey you have your reasons but I'd just ignore them if I was you. I also don't care to hear about all the stuff you buy. I think Shipwreck had the same sentiment. For a site based on saving people money, you sure to spend a lot. And lastly, Watching people play videos can be fun, Wombat, its like watching sports on TV. I play baseball and basketball but I like to see the professionals play also. Right now there is no distinction between the pros and us. So why watch someone play COD when I am better than them. Eventually stuff like this will get sorted out.

Why do you listen to a podcast, which is loaded with opinions, only to say you hate hearing of these opinions?
You Can't handle the Truth.

#106 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

I would like to point out that I prefer Guiness Stout,...

Shipwreck, you are a lucky man.

And to the CAG crew: your names get dropped regularly on the Sarcastic Gamer shows.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#107 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:30 AM

Speaking of Chris Brown, anyone find it ironic that he sang the national anthem at the Floyd Mayweather fight?
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#108 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

you know with regards to all the Kotaku hate. Everyone here, including me, goes there at LEAST one time a day most days no matter what garbage they filter in there so I don't see the point.
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#109 Khalid

Khalid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Personally, there is no hate from me, I go there more than once a day, but I do not read as much as I did before.

#110 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

If you care about hearing the Mel Gibson tapes, you can do so here. Pretty freaky stuff....

Anyway, good show, guys. I watched the EVO finals too, and I was disappointed that Sessler was one of the commentators. G4 and Kotaku have gone all over the place, as neither seems to be video game focused anymore.

#111 200STM

200STM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hey CAGz this was a good show I enjoyed the whole talk of shipwreck fainting in classes and stuff. I personally once fainted not by blood but by seeing chuck e cheese for the first time I was sooo scared I was like no hugz and he just hugz me I was like waaaaaa and then my brother said my face turned pale and I threw up and just fell down =w=.

#112 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

you know with regards to all the Kotaku hate. Everyone here, including me, goes there at LEAST one time a day most days no matter what garbage they filter in there so I don't see the point.

Speak for yourself. I never go on the site. I'm sure others don't as well.

#113 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Speak for yourself. I never go on the site. I'm sure others don't as well.

Ditto.

Posted Image

#114 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

I was speaking to those who have made comments about it in the thread, if you don't go there then you shouldn't make comments about it so I really wasn't referring to you
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#115 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:11 AM

This show was entertaining to say the least. Another good show guys!

#116 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:49 AM

I'm not sure I really get why Wombat and Shipwreck didn't like Ancients of Ooga compared to Cloning Clyde, as the former seems like a much improved follow up to the latter to me. I bought Cloning Clyde recently when they dropped the price for Arcade Hits and I'm enjoying it a lot, but it definitely looks and plays like an XBLA from the launch era of the Xbox 360.

#117 Hiatou

Hiatou

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:48 AM

Been listening to the show since around episode 70 and I've only just joined CAG to give you guys props on the Cagcast it was awesome to say the least. I have a question for you guys, do u think the release of the new Xbox 360 will increase unit's sold in Japan because I think it was on the Cagcast one of you guys (probably cheapy) said that one of the big factors for the Xbox 360 not selling was because of its size and noise level.

Great show!

#118 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

I don't. :-$

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#119 canestim

canestim

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

I was speaking to those who have made comments about it in the thread, if you don't go there then you shouldn't make comments about it so I really wasn't referring to you

I thought the same thing because of the way you worded it. I used to go to Kotaku multiple times per day. Now it's pretty much only Joystiq. I agree, the site has lost it's focus.

#120 padumavati

padumavati

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

I need to start listening to the podcast on time. I heard about the 360 trade-in and Alan Wake for $35 a week too late. Fail.