Photo
- - - - -

3 Months of GameFly's 2 Game Membership $44.95

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#31 Amadeus Zull

Amadeus Zull

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

I'm on the fence with their service. I live in NYC and the turn around time is about 2-3 days for them to receive a game and 2 days to send.

I'll probably stick with them a bit longer. Great deal though (my bro paid $50 for a similar 3 month deal).
Posted Image

#32 dominator

dominator

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

It's really too bad that this isn't available for existing customers, but if you play many games over a short period of time, then GameFly is for you. I may have to cancel it for the fourth time just because I may not have the luxury to keep it anymore.... :(

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#33 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

I love Gamefly to buy used games from as well. I got a new copy of Dragon Age Origins for 360 for $20 and it had all the DLC codes still in the box not used and the case, manual, and disc were in pristine condition. I have bought many other games from them during there used sales as well.

If you are not near a distribution center then the turnaround time takes too long. And the USPS thing they do only works if the USPS hub that your game is taken to from the drop box has a special scanner, which mine does not have.

#34 vanden9

vanden9

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

Like most of you I tried gamefly but it is disappointing when you go a full month without any game rentals or get one way down in the bottom of your list, if they ever fix there inventory system I say it will be a safe buy but until then it just a waste of money and time. I wish they ran more like netflix.
XBL - Vanden9 | PSN - Vanden9 | Steam - Vanden9 | Facebook
http://gamercards.ex...m/card.php?id=9

Not even the mighty Word 2010 can help you Vanden.

#35 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

Gamefly feels like a huge waste of money to me. For one thing, they won't let you cancel your membership early. So I waited till the end of the month, forgot about the end date, and stuck with another month I don't want.

Also, the shipping center is only one state away, yet it takes a full week to receive a new game so half the time is wasted!

#36 Neorazak

Neorazak

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

Gamefly customer service is a joke. It took 3 days for them to receive my games when I sent them back a day and 3 days to get the next one. Sometimes it would take 1-2 days for them to even send them out. The last straw was when it went 5 days after they received the games I returned and still had not shipped anything else in my queue. When I emailed them about it they apologized and said that everything I wanted was to popular at the moment and basically it was my fault and they weren't going to do anything about it but make me wait. You can google similiar throttling problems. I never have this issue with netflix. Now if only netflix would rent games I'd be set. It only takes 1 day each way with them and I seldom have to wait for much of anything and if I do they'll even on occassion send an extra movie because I had to wait. Anyway in short gamefly can go out of business and I wouldn't feel the slightest bit sorry for them and because of their sorry customer service after they sent me the same form type response after 5 times asking them to make it right.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

The turnaround isn't as good as Netflix but they don't have as many shipping centers or stock. If you know how to work the system, getting new releases is easy and I save a bunch of money.

#38 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

Turnaround time was a week or so for me as I'm in the middle of the country (although I see they have several new centers now), but I don't blame them, and otherwise the service was good and everything.

With my 100+ game backlog, obviously I don't need Gamefly right now, but I probably would have still signed up at the cheaper price, but I can't as an existing member.

Cool thing is they still preserved my queue!

Dang, I really need to start using them again.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#39 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

I would steer clear of Gamefly. Not only is it almost impossible to rent new games, but lately they have REFUSED to send anything Available Now from your Q that is not in the top 10 spots or so. Its like they only look at the top 10 spots and if they dont see anything available, they get lazy and move on to the next guy. So on the 4 at a time program, I was ending up with only 1 or 2 games out at a time for DAYS! I'm not making this up, I've been a GF member for years.

I think I will quit them soon and just buy everything I'm interested in and immediately resell it on eBay if it sucks. It will probably end up cheaper and faster than Gamefly.

#40 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Wow, that's messed up. Their software should be sending something new out the same day, or have a toggle if you want to wait. Shouldn't be just sending nothing...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#41 tim44

tim44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

I was not impressed the couple of times I tried gamefly. Midwest shipping is slow and I don't "play the system" good enough.

#42 Rouzhokuu

Rouzhokuu

Bio-Shocked!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

I'd bite, if the one time I tried Gamefly wasn't horrible. =(
"Don't be a slowpoke, Mister Bubbles. Angels don't wait for slowpokes."
Take a look at my trade-list, eh?

#43 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

#44 RedGamer

RedGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:39 PM

The force Unleashed? Low?

Yeah, GameFly is worthless..

#45 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

I've never found the "availability" thing to really mean much.

Just this week had 2 games sent out when my #1 and #2 were "Available now" with a couple after it medium-high, but like #9 and #10 were sent out (one was "low availability" game)

#46 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

i'm on my 10th game from gamefly this month. one day shipping = so nice!
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#47 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

Doesn't seem like much of a deal..

And it actually has the opposite effect on me at least.
Makes me not want to rent from gamefly at all seeing the 44.95 pricetag for rentals.

I am a current gamefly subscriber i think im paying 14.95 total for 2 months. (1 out at a time)

I justified this price because at the local blockbuster they are charging 8.95 for 5day video game rentals...LOLL??????

#48 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

not bad too bad my backlog is too huge.....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#49 iRent

iRent

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

Damn it why didn't i see this earlier?! I decided that I would upgrade to the 2 game plan for the rest of the summer and then cut it sometime in September because I know school will be keeping me busy as hell.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#50 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

I feel like gamefly has sold most of their rental games and now they have nothing in stock. I so wish I could find another service.
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#51 iRent

iRent

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

I feel like gamefly has sold most of their rental games and now they have nothing in stock. I so wish I could find another service.

There's Gamerang. Never tried it though.

Depending on what route the consoles go next (physical vs digital), this generation may be the end of services like GF. Thought I highly doubt they would exterminate physical media. When that day comes I might just quit playing games all together. Plus my backlog is pretty damn long LOL

@ rp71284

You probably already know this but I would recommend clearing out you Q and letting one game just sit there. This way they are forced to send you that next game. I've never had a problem doing that. Though for things marked very low it's never worked. Word of caution though: you might end up waiting a week.
Posted Image
|AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3|ASRock M3A785GMH/128M AM3|Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3|WD Caviar Blue 500GB|WD Caviar 80 GB|XFX 5850 1GB|NZXT Vulcan|

#52 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:43 AM

I wanted Gamerang but all my credit cards have a billing address in Minnesota and I'm currently stationed in Texas... and Gamerang said that billing and shipping address had to match. Not sure if thats only for sign up and then you can change it or not.
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#53 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:53 AM

I've had the same problem, I had a queue of 40 titles and all they mailed me was the crap games on the list. I stayed for 3 months and ended up canceling them. I think they are giving priority to users in the higher packages then new users.

I wish Microsoft would start a game rental service and deliver the games digitally over Xbox Live, at least for their studio's games. I would gladly pay if I could download it the same time I rent it and play for a set amount of time. Many of their titles are available in download form already for purchase so making a rental system shouldn't be too hard.

#54 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:08 AM

There's Gamerang. Never tried it though.

Depending on what route the consoles go next (physical vs digital), this generation may be the end of services like GF. Thought I highly doubt they would exterminate physical media. When that day comes I might just quit playing games all together. Plus my backlog is pretty damn long LOL

@ rp71284

You probably already know this but I would recommend clearing out you Q and letting one game just sit there. This way they are forced to send you that next game. I've never had a problem doing that. Though for things marked very low it's never worked. Word of caution though: you might end up waiting a week.

Gamerang I think is better, but they have less distribution centers (I know one is in MN), and they cost a bit more. They usually have a $40 for 2 months/2 at a time introduction rate though.

As far as my list goes, I left NHL 10 for the 360 on there by itself for 2 weeks, and they never sent it. I've had things cherry picked that were Low in the middle of the list to me a bunch of times. And some of the stuff on there was just for my example, although most of those sports games I've been waiting for since March/April.

#55 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:28 AM

I tried Gamerang a few years ago and found them no better than Gamefly... but maybe they've improved.

If everyone rented only to TRY OUT and REVIEW like me, not to actually hold onto games for days and play, we'd have less of a problem.

#56 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:00 AM

Do most of you guys live in the boonies or something? I usually get what's in my queue within a day or two. Perhaps I'm in an optimal zip code or something. Just got Singularity and Dante's Inferno for the PS3 a day after adding to my queue.

#57 Neo

Neo

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:53 AM

Why don't they like, discount it for loyal members right now, since they have shit for supply on popular games.

Last.fm ----- Flickr ----- Collection ----- XBL Profile

#58 samuraixyz

samuraixyz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

Damn it why didn't i see this earlier?! I decided that I would upgrade to the 2 game plan for the rest of the summer and then cut it sometime in September because I know school will be keeping me busy as hell.

Ditto :( Except I went with 1 game plan though.

#59 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:33 AM

Do most of you guys live in the boonies or something? I usually get what's in my queue within a day or two. Perhaps I'm in an optimal zip code or something. Just got Singularity and Dante's Inferno for the PS3 a day after adding to my queue.

You probably have to be pretty darn close to a distribution center. I live in New England and even with FastReturn I'm looking at a 4-7 day turnaround time with a distribution center in PA. I don't wanna imagine how it would be if my post office didn't have the proper scanning equipment.

The main problem is they use USPS First Class mail which is like among the, if not the slowest shipping option offered. I think thats one of the main things (as well is the generally inadequate inventory likely caused by their sales) that makes Gamefly "not the Netflix of games".

#60 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:39 AM

I've had the same problem, I had a queue of 40 titles and all they mailed me was the crap games on the list. I stayed for 3 months and ended up canceling them. I think they are giving priority to users in the higher packages then new users.

I wish Microsoft would start a game rental service and deliver the games digitally over Xbox Live, at least for their studio's games. I would gladly pay if I could download it the same time I rent it and play for a set amount of time. Many of their titles are available in download form already for purchase so making a rental system shouldn't be too hard.

I highly doubt existing, higher package users take priority over new users. The people that are newly signing up for this deal will probably get all the medium-to-low availability games I've been waiting for weeks-to-months in my queue before I do. They will get their queues serviced first. Why? Because they know I have been a recurring member. They're trying to secure these new people and get them to do the same.