SW: Republic Heroes (360) $6.79, Dark Void (360) $13, Guitar Hero 5 $13 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
:360: Star Wars the Clone Wars: Republic Heroes $6.79
xbox360.gif
Dark Void $12.59
:360: Guitar Hero 5 $12.80

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']How is Republic Heroes for a casual Star Wars fan?[/QUOTE]

I'm actually playing the game right now. As a game it's very meh. Horrible platforming but overall it's a run of the mill action plat hack slash game. I really like the art directing and that's been the only thing keeping me playing it but I probably won't even get through the game because of how not fun the game is.

Playing it on PS3 and probably put 3 hours into the game and already have 50% of the trophies. $7 for a few trophies/achievements and a couple hours worth of entertainment should be worth it.

The Star Wars game is decent for playing with a younger child. Even then, it's pretty bad. The controls and camera are so terrible that you're going to jump to your death....a lot. It's set up like Lego Star Wars where dying isn't that big of a deal, but it's still annoying.

The Star Wars game is worth $7 if you're really into getting achievements -- if you don't care about achievements then stay far away from this. If I remember correctly the achievements for this were very easy.

Do or Do Not..wait a sec DO NOT buy the Star Wars Republic Heroes it is one of the worst games to have the license. Poor camera, unresponsive controls and muddy graphics and those are its good qualities. Bantha fodder.

[quote name='knightimages']Do or Do Not..wait a sec DO NOT buy the Star Wars Republic Heroes it is one of the worst games to have the license. Poor camera, unresponsive controls and muddy graphics and those are its good qualities. Bantha fodder.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty bold statement considering the crap they've shoveled in the past. For every good one, there are 5 bad ones.

I snagged Republic Heroes for my son. He's played the demo off and on for a while now. I've never really cared for it, but he does. I was never willing to pay full retail for it though. His birthday is coming up soon, so he'll be excited to get this as one of his presents. Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Thanks Cheapy! Snagged Republic Heroes. Should be a pretty easy 1K :D[/QUOTE]

IDK..did you look at the achievement guide yet? Possibly 3 play thrus, on some you need a second player (or have insane skills wielding 2 remotes in hand) and looks like there are a sh*t-ton of collectibles to track down..maybe not a super easy 1k, but maybe 700+ which is always good enough for me!

[quote name='token2k6']IDK..did you look at the achievement guide yet? Possibly 3 play thrus, on some you need a second player (or have insane skills wielding 2 remotes in hand) and looks like there are a sh*t-ton of collectibles to track down..maybe not a super easy 1k, but maybe 700+ which is always good enough for me![/QUOTE]

Yep I did look at the achievement guide. I will 1K it. It won't be hard at all. Plus I have someone who will play with me to do the 2nd player achievements.

The only way you complete games to the 1K is to not have the attitude of that looks hard, I have learned. ;) Collection achievements don't bother me at all. *Getting feathers in AC 1, Orbs in Crackdown, as well as Treasure Trove in Lost Odyssey were all easy. They are just time consuming.

* = Achievements were on my old acct not my new one. But those will all be done again on my new gamercard :D

Snagged GH 5 as nothing else interested me. I did find Quake Wars for $13 and Tomb Raider Underworld for $10, so I grabbed Tomb Raider and passed on Quake Wars, but easily a half dozen good games for about $50 here.

Ugh, I'd rather play "Yaris" again than Republic Heroes. It's a terrible game that masks serious game play and design flaws behind no-consequence deaths. It's almost like at some point the developers at Krome decided to not fix any bugs figuring people would forgive them if there wasn't a consequence. It is one of the only games I have ever felt to be truly pointless. Stay away from this game at all costs.

Dark Void on the other hand, I found to be pretty enjoyable. I don't know if $13 is the best price (didn't Amazon have it cheaper a few weeks ago?)... but the game has some good art direction, and the gameplay really isn't all that bad.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']How is Republic Heroes for a casual Star Wars fan?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='token2k6']IDK..did you look at the achievement guide yet? Possibly 3 play thrus, on some you need a second player (or have insane skills wielding 2 remotes in hand) and looks like there are a sh*t-ton of collectibles to track down..maybe not a super easy 1k, but maybe 700+ which is always good enough for me![/QUOTE]

I consider myself as casual a SW fan as can be; in fact overall I don't really care for the franchise very much. However I do play some of the games just because. I have to say that this is actually one of the best SW games to come out in several years, but it is a mediocre game. It is very easy, and although there are some places where you will repeatedly fall to your death, it's not bad since you just respawn back on solid ground again. You never have to start back at a checkpoint.

The trophies are mostly not very hard; they are roughly comparable to X-Men Origins: Wolverine in both how long it takes and the general style of them. You have to do 2 complete playthoughs. The second playthrough, you do each stage via stage select, and you must make sure you select 2 specific characters for each stage, and you must remember from your first playthrough when each stage ends, because right before the end of the stage, you can simply press start to enter a second player into the game and then walk forward to finish the stage. You do NOT have to play all the way through a level with 2P, you just have to enter in the 2nd controller before completing it. It is slightly easier to do with the PS3 version than the 360 version, because on the 360 you have to sign in to a separate user account on the system, you can't just join in as a guest controller without signing in to the system first. Overall it will take about 20-24 hours to platinum/1000 it, and the only difficult trophy is the one where you have to defeat the final boss without dying; you can set controller 1 to invulnerable (there are in-game cheats that you buy with your points and can enable at will) and then within 3 or 4 tries you should be able to beat it without dying.

Overall this game is worth about $8-10 and no more. I bought mine when the price first dropped on an Amazon Lightning Deal from 59.99 to 19.99 and I platted it and resold it for the same price I paid for it, just in time before the price dropped universally LOL. If you platted Wolverine then you can do this one. If you like SW it's a slightly above-average SW game, and a slightly flawed-but-average game in general.

bread's done
Back