GOG Weekend Deal - Strategy First Simulations & Pinball games - 50% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Until Monday, July 19 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, you can pick up sims (of the Flight, Pinball, and Space varieties) published by Strategy First at a 50% discount. This isn't a bundle deal, so you can buy 1 or all 6 at the discounted rate. [Promo Page]

Apache vs. Havoc $2.99 (50% off)
Comanche vs. Hokum $2.99 (50% off)
Darkstar One $4.99 (50% off)
Pro Pinball: Timeshock $2.99 (50% off)
Pro Pinball: Big Race USA $2.99 (50% off)
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey $2.99 (50% off)

Mobygames:
Apache vs. Havoc (78)
Comanche vs. Hokum (80)
Darkstar One (76)
Pro Pinball: Timeshock (87)
Pro Pinball: Big Race USA (81)
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey (74)

Demos:
Darkstar One
Pro Pinball: Timeshock
Pro Pinball: Big Race USA
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey

Gameplay Videos:
Apache vs. Havoc Comanche vs. Hokum
Additionally, GOG is offering the chance to win some free games by partaking in this promo:
A free game for...
1 - Top 3 submitted scores from each of the Pro Pinball games.
2 - Top 3 screenshots submitted from Darkstar One
3 - 8 randomly selected GOG members who purchase at least one of the promo games.
[More info here.]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paean']Thinking about AvH, CvH and Darkstar... are they any good?[/QUOTE]

Funny enough, Darkstar was just released for the 360. Both the original and new console versions are fun space sims with a simplistic economy system and dated graphics to boot. GOG price seems well worth it. I admit to buying this on the 360 for the whole nostalgia/couch factor. No regrets!

I'd buy Darkstar One...except I already own TWO COPIES OF IT :lol:

I own a retail one, and then inexplicably bought it from GOG already too :lol:

[quote name='paean']Thinking about AvH, CvH and Darkstar... are they any good?[/QUOTE]

The Enemy Engaged sims (AvH & CvH) are more designed more for their particular niche market (but are good if you want to take the time to learn them). Darkstar One, IMO, can be easily enjoyed by the average gamer and looks good doing it.

Sale ends tonight.

All three of the Pro Pinball titles are really fun if you like pinball. I already had Timeshock from GOG so I'm going to go ahead and pick up the other two. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back