Alien Swarm: Valve's next game FREE NOW AVAILABLE TO DL!!!

kosmos13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Valve's next game, Alien Swarm: Infected is COMPLETELY FREE on steam at release on Monday July 19th. This game has full single player, 4 player co-op, steam achievements, progression unlockables, etc etc etc!

Here is the steam page for the game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/

Enjoy and happy gaming

-Edit-

eastx has asked me to add this:

Everyone please join the CAG Alien Swarm Steam Group!

3a5e0a062c5f581f0b72e8a84946e09fdcca5d80_full.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cag-as

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crazyhowie']That is quite a pleasant surprise![/QUOTE]

Yah think everyone who knows about it is in shock that they are giving a premium game away for free. This is the same dev team of l4d and portal (and this is basically a revamped newest source engine version of their 2004 ut2k4 alien swarm mod before they were hired by valve).

[quote name='Fire_Thief']When will it go up in price?[/QUOTE]

Unless Valve suddenly changes their minds, free forever.

But I'm sure everyone is gonna wait till the big steam Dec sale to get this :rofl:

I guess this is suppose to be a way to fully test work they are doing on their engine. This seems like some crazy beta-test, but the result is a free, multiplayer game.

I'm totally in for this, and likely that moon base game NASA just put out for free to. (Too bad that game seems to be rooted more in science fiction given NASA's current state.)

Kinda surprised/disappointed it's not for Mac too, but restarting in Windows is a small price to pay. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Chuplayer']Um, Half-Life 3: Episode 3?[/QUOTE]

No kidding!!!! I thought the whole purpose of episodic content was to get things out faster. They should have just made Halflife 3.

People still don't get that there are different teams in Valve. These people are clearly not responsible for HL2: Episode 3 and even if they were put onto that project, more people doesn't necessarily get a game done faster.

Yet another example of why Valve is one of the best, if not the best, gaming companies. All TF2 updates for free, free Alien swarm, free TF2 weekends, L4D mutations, crazy Steam sales, etc. etc.. I wish more companies were as good to gamers. *glares at EA*

[quote name='kosmos13x']Yah think everyone who knows about it is in shock that they are giving a premium game away for free. This is the same dev team of l4d and portal (and this is basically a revamped newest source engine version of their 2004 ut2k4 alien swarm mod before they were hired by valve).[/QUOTE]
actully valve at one point release a free portal to the public for a period of time and joking "yep its free! don't say we never gave you anything" haha and yea thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Maromi']Yet another example of why Valve is one of the best, if not the best, gaming companies. All TF2 updates for free, free Alien swarm, free TF2 weekends, L4D mutations, crazy Steam sales, etc. etc.. I wish more companies were as good to gamers. *glares at EA*[/QUOTE]

EA was good for a while, until they added the one time online access codes. Activision is far worse than EA has ever been. I am looking forward to playing this on Monday, though.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Bet the Alien Breed guys don't feel too great right now.[/QUOTE]

LOL just watched both trailers and they look as though they play exactly the same.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']I love how Valve will hire out of the mod community. This looks great.[/QUOTE]

I know right? Kudos to Valve for seeing potential in others.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']The 19th is my birthday so thanks for the present Valve![/QUOTE]

Hey, you're not allowed to have the same birthday as me :lol:

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how this runs on my old card compared to the new GTX 460 I'm getting sometime soon.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']Hey, you're not allowed to have the same birthday as me :lol:

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how this runs on my old card compared to the new GTX 460 I'm getting sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

Saving up for a gtx 460 1gb card also. The OC potential on that card is amazing. Reaching near gtx 470 performance at the fraction of the cost and very low PSU requirements :D

For anyone who never heard of Alien Swarm, it was originally a Unreal Tournament 2004 mod like Killing Floor. The company, Black Cat Games, made other mods for Unreal Tournament including mods like Thievery. Alien Swarm is definitely one of my favorite mods for UT2k4 and they announced Alien Swarm: Infested prior to the release of Half-Life 2.

I honestly thought the team vanished for the past few years since there were any news or updates from the team. The forum was barely active with the exception of a few hardcore Alien Swarm players. If this is anything like the UT2k4 mod, you are going to be in for a surprise. Its a great game that really demands players to work together with the different classes and weapons. There's limited ammo and health packs and the aliens are constantly attacking the players. There is friendly fire in the original version and the difficulty is quite up there making it a great challenge.

[youtube]LquHeJcmIxs[/youtube]

[quote name='kosmos13x']Saving up for a gtx 460 1gb card also. The OC potential on that card is amazing. Reaching near gtx 470 performance at the fraction of the cost and very low PSU requirements :D[/QUOTE]
I have an EVGA 1GB version on preorder right now, I hope it doesn't take too long :D

bread's done
Back