Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS2 $26.24 after coupon Gamestop.com

[quote name='gomikeoh']Its 15 on PSN/XBL.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. But this version routinely sold for $60-100 used for years, and can be played on a system that far more people own. This is a really good deal for those interested.

Its a good deal for those who are unfortunate enough not to have a next gen console. IF you had a choice between the 2, definitely get the the ps3/360 version as they are superior in every way (and also the ps2 version is probably the worst version of mvc2 made).

Still good deal if this fits your bill.

[quote name='jubeininja69']it has no online though its pretty much useless to just play yourself.[/QUOTE]

That didn't stop people from playing it with friends for a long, long time... :)

[quote name='jubeininja69']it has no online though its pretty much useless to just play yourself.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty funny, considering that the online population on XBL is almost nonexistent, while it's always on the best sellers list.

i still have mine for the ps2, that said, it's easier/better played on ps3 or 360 if you like that controller.

PS2 does have a bit of a nostalgic feel to it

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']That's pretty funny, considering that the online population on XBL is almost nonexistent, while it's always on the best sellers list.[/QUOTE]

uh...XBLA MvC2 is still very active. I can find matches swiftly even at 4 in the morning.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']uh...XBLA MvC2 is still very active. I can find matches swiftly even at 4 in the morning.[/QUOTE]
That really is odd, every time I check there's only like 2 people online? Whenever I refresh or something it's still the same people.

value went down when the digital version was released last year. also ps2 version was the worst version of all.

game is best played on the dreamcast

[quote name='endlessxshadow']value went down when the digital version was released last year. also ps2 version was the worst version of all.

game is best played on the dreamcast[/QUOTE]

Which, in some cases, you can STILL find cheaper than this with a Dreamcast. Granted, it's mostly Craigslist the point still stands you can have the superior version of the 3(DC, Xbox, PS2), for fairly cheap. I still have my DC copy that I bought when it came out and I was a little shocked when the PS2/Xbox versions skyrocketed in price.

Of course, the $15 online version tops them all.

The DC version of MVC2 is far superior than the ps2 and ps3. I don't really feel comfortable playing in any other controller that isn't a DC controller. However that's one of the few fighting games I have for Dreamcast.The only bad thing about the game overall is the horrible repetitive music.

[quote name='Barlog']How is the DC version far superior to the PS3 port?[/QUOTE]

It isnt superior. The downloadable version is the dreamcast port because the DC has the best possible port of the arcade version. Infact its superior because you can chose the different graphic modes and all the characters are unlocked from the get go so anyone can just jump in and play whoever they want to without unlocking them.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Its 15 on PSN/XBL.[/QUOTE]

Yes but were not talking about the downloadable version are we? No, were talking about the actual physical copy of the game that had a low print run.

Try and actually read before you respond and stay on its topic. We have enough people on here already that just blindly respond to stuff as it is, we dont need more.

Thats as stupid as someone talking about getting one of these

cheeseburger.jpg

And you saying "Mcdonalds has them for a buck" and then walking away.

Yeah you may be talking about the same thing in general, but in reality they are nothing alike.

[quote name='Donnums']Which, in some cases, you can STILL find cheaper than this with a Dreamcast. Granted, it's mostly Craigslist the point still stands you can have the superior version of the 3(DC, Xbox, PS2), for fairly cheap. I still have my DC copy that I bought when it came out and I was a little shocked when the PS2/Xbox versions skyrocketed in price.[/QUOTE]

Not hard to understand why its more expensive. 1) Millions still own and use say the playstation 2 while few still use a dreamcast or even have one anymore, so demand for a ps2 version is much greater. 2) It had a low print run so its more expensive.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Its a good deal for those who are unfortunate enough not to have a next gen console. IF you had a choice between the 2, definitely get the the ps3/360 version as they are superior in every way (and also the ps2 version is probably the worst version of mvc2 made).

Still good deal if this fits your bill.[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.

Also something to beware of is the Mad Catz line of controllers don't work on PS2 games for those of you like me with BC PS3's. Problem is Sony hasn't patched in support for those controllers in any of their firmware updates.

Yes but were not talking about the downloadable version are we? No, were talking about the actual physical copy of the game that had a low print run.
That would be an important point IF the thread was about reselling games...

Try and actually read before you respond and stay on its topic. We have enough people on here already that just blindly respond to stuff as it is, we dont need more.
I'd like to think it's on topic, if a bit blunt. For one thing it informs those who don't know that the game is available on PSN/XBLA for less (I'll admit there are probably very few people who don't know this, but at the same time it doesn't seem any less of a stretch than those arguing that there are CAGs out there who might not yet own a PS3/360), so it's not exactly off-topic.

More importantly, even if the guy was just trying to hand-wave away the deal they're still justified IMO. Just read the comments; there's a better version of it for less, there's a better PHYSICAL version of it for less, and ever since the game got this recent port, it hasn't been hard to find on GS.com. In short: this doesn't seem like much of a deal, or at least one that doesn't necessarily deserve it's own thread.

I miss the days where owning a console port was just a way to practice before heading to the arcade, like having a basketball hoop mounted on the garage.

I was lucky enough to go to a college that had a game room in the basement. We had shit like Gauntlet, MVC2, Tekken 4, Arctic Rush, a jukebox, etc. I missed so many classes being down there with the crew lol.

[quote name='Jodou']I miss the days where owning a console port was just a way to practice before heading to the arcade, like having a basketball hoop mounted on the garage.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

At least in the San Francisco area there's still a decent arcade scene, but it's kind of a pain to get to them.

[quote name='okinasai']ugh, I remember buying this game when it first came out for 35 why is it still 35?[/QUOTE]

Did you even bother to read half this topic?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the order of superiority: DC > PS2 > DLC > Xbox

Edit: I didn't realize this was an old thread. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WebScud']Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the order of superiority: DC > PS2 > DLC > Xbox

Edit: I didn't realize this was an old thread. My bad.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is an old thread, and most enthusiasts would consider that order incorrect. The DLC releases are more true to the arcade form than the PS2 and Xbox ports. Hell, I'd take the Live/PSN versions over the DC edition as well due to the online play and cheaper price.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']uh...XBLA MvC2 is still very active. I can find matches swiftly even at 4 in the morning.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting, because everytime I try to get online on Xbox 360, it's always the sam,e guy using the same three characters, spamming the same moves.

Also, the lobby system is awful. It freezes constantly during player matches.

If I'm going to play a disc version of this game, which I did for years, it would be the Dreamcast version. I used to be so awesome at this game (even had a stick for my DC) but I get humbled every time I play the PS3 version. Oh well ...

[quote name='xlaxparkax']That's interesting, because everytime I try to get online on Xbox 360, it's always the sam,e guy using the same three characters, spamming the same moves.[/QUOTE] It really doesn't matter who you play against, MvC2 has been all about the same 3 to 6 characters for 10 years now.

bread's done
Back