-------------------------
Gran Turismo 4 - 9.0 9.5 9.0
Devil May Cry 3 - 8.0 7.0 9.0
Kessen 3 - 7.5 6.0 6.5
Musashi: Samurai Legent - 6.5 5.0 6.0

XBox
---------------------------
American McGee Presents Scrapland - 6.5 5.5 6.5
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 9.5 10 9.0 (GOTM)
Doom 3 - 9.0 9.5 9.5

GC
--------------------------
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - 8.0 7.0 8.0

GBA
---------------------
Warioware: Twisted! - 9.0 9.0 9.0

DS
--------------------
Yoshi Touch & Go - 7.5 7.5 8.5

Yeah, Snowblind! Love that game on PS2. Actually, seems to run best on PS2. Right, so, anything on PSP titles? My issue won't be here until around the 6th.
-K

[quote name='starboyk']Yeah, Snowblind! Love that game on PS2. Actually, seems to run best on PS2. Right, so, anything on PSP titles? My issue won't be here until around the 6th.
-K[/quote]

just one page of Death, JR.

Hey anybody else wonder what the annual April Fool's joke is. My bet is the Windwaker revision with realistic graphics for reserving the next Zelda. I forget the page.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect - 7.5 7.5 9.5 :shock: Wow, I thought this one was going to rock as the first wasn't bad and the second was just awesome. DMC3 also didn't do to favorably and most people have been giving it 9s. Strange for EGM. I wonder why they rated a lot of this month's games this way.

Reality's Fringe said:
Poor poor Musashi. The PS1 game was rock awesome. How could this one suck? :(

The first one didn't quite get raves either. So far the reviews are pretty much on par with the first. Other mags are rating it in the 8-9 range, so don't be too quick to judge.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I just got DMC3 today and its frickin sweet. Not like the DMC2 crap. What did they say to give DMC3 a 7?[/quote]

because it was too hard for them

[quote name='CantB76']Hey anybody else wonder what the annual April Fool's joke is. My bet is the Windwaker revision with realistic graphics for reserving the next Zelda. I forget the page.[/quote]

There are a few forums about that, and yes, yes it is.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I just got DMC3 today and its frickin sweet. Not like the DMC2 crap. What did they say to give DMC3 a 7?[/quote]

because it was too hard for them[/quote]

They're Pathetic.

And, I'm also wondering about the TS: Future Perfect scores. 7,5,7.5, and 9.5? What is up with that?

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I just got DMC3 today and its frickin sweet. Not like the DMC2 crap. What did they say to give DMC3 a 7?[/quote]

Mark gave it a 7.0. this is what he say:

"I'd like to address DMC3's development team directly. To all the artists: Congrats on a truly gorgeous game. Whether it was the gaudy interior of a strip club or the pulsing intestines of a gigantic whale-beast, your detailed graphics, awesome lighting effects, and thrilling cut-scenes brought everything to life. To the gameplay designers: Not bad! Despite periodic camera issues and the bigger problem of mixing up the roll-away dodge and jump moves, the combat is strategic yet intense. The various fighting styles, upgradeable weapons and attacks, and simple puzzles kept it all from getting (too) repetitive as well. Finally, to whoever balanced the difficulty: I hope you burn in hell you sadistic freak. The frustrating part isn't that the game is hard, it's that the lack of save points requires replaying whole levels over and over and over. Even easy mode fluctuates between pathetically simple and annoyingly tough! A great game held back by a total lack of play balancing."

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I just got DMC3 today and its frickin sweet. Not like the DMC2 crap. What did they say to give DMC3 a 7?[/quote]

because it was too hard for them[/quote]

They're Pathetic.

And, I'm also wondering about the TS: Future Perfect scores. 7,5,7.5, and 9.5? What is up with that?[/quote]

its from Official PS Mag - Joe:

"To my mind, this is one of the best shooters ever. Future Perfect is fast, gorgeous, funny as hell, and has loads of extras (minigames, an awesome mapmaker mode, etc.). The biggest improvement, though, has to be the story; for the first time in the series the levels actually hang together. My only warning echoes G. Ford's--online play was spotty in our tests. It may or may not work better for you, but regardless, single player is great."

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I just got DMC3 today and its frickin sweet. Not like the DMC2 crap. What did they say to give DMC3 a 7?[/quote]

"I'd like to address DMC3's development team directly. To all the artists: Congrats on a truly gorgeous game. Whether it was the gaudy interior of a strip club or the pulsing intestines of a gigantic whale-beast, your detailed graphics, awesome lighting effects, and thrilling cut-scenes brought everything to life. To the gameplay designers: Not bad! Despite periodic camera issues and the bigger problem of mixing up the roll-away dodge and jump moves, the combat is strategic yet intense. The various fighting styles, upgradeable weapons and attacks, and simple puzzles kept it all from getting (too) repetitive as well. Finally, to whoever balanced the difficulty: I hope you burn in hell you sadistic freak. The frustrating part isn't that the game is hard, it's that the lack of save points requires replaying whole levels over and over and over. Even easy mode fluctuates between pathetically simple and annoyingly tough! A great game held back by a total lack of play balancing."[/quote]

That's pathetic. They play games for a living. You'd think that a game wouldn't be that hard for them. I didn't even think it was that hard. From the little bit that I have played of it (rented it today), the difficulty seems to have returned to the goold ol' days of number 1.

wow Doom 3 on Xbox got great reviews. I'll have to definitely pick it up. The final XBN mag gave it a perfect 10 too.

[quote name='starboyk']Yeah, Snowblind! Love that game on PS2. Actually, seems to run best on PS2. Right, so, anything on PSP titles? My issue won't be here until around the 6th.
-K[/quote]

next month they review the launch games

Can anyone tell me why GT4 wasn't given a perfect score? I haven't played it yet but from all the hype it seemed like it would get near-perfect recognition.

Yeah, another Splinter Cell game gets Game of the Month. Didn't see that coming. (sarcasm)

I don't know about you guys but video games are getting real boring with the same games always coming out.

Why did TS3 score so low on the first two things? What is that for? also what catagory is the 9.5 in?

Looks like im buying SC:CT and UC2 now... not TS3... DAMN YOU EA GAMES! (They worked on this title)

[quote name='basketkase543']Can anyone tell me why GT4 wasn't given a perfect score? I haven't played it yet but from all the hype it seemed like
it would get near-perfect recognition.[/quote]

It got a 9.25 and 8.75(second opinion) from Game Informer and a 9.0 from PSM, so its not just EGM.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I just got DMC3 today and its frickin sweet. Not like the DMC2 crap. What did they say to give DMC3 a 7?[/quote]

"I'd like to address DMC3's development team directly. To all the artists: Congrats on a truly gorgeous game. Whether it was the gaudy interior of a strip club or the pulsing intestines of a gigantic whale-beast, your detailed graphics, awesome lighting effects, and thrilling cut-scenes brought everything to life. To the gameplay designers: Not bad! Despite periodic camera issues and the bigger problem of mixing up the roll-away dodge and jump moves, the combat is strategic yet intense. The various fighting styles, upgradeable weapons and attacks, and simple puzzles kept it all from getting (too) repetitive as well. Finally, to whoever balanced the difficulty: I hope you burn in hell you sadistic freak. The frustrating part isn't that the game is hard, it's that the lack of save points requires replaying whole levels over and over and over. Even easy mode fluctuates between pathetically simple and annoyingly tough! A great game held back by a total lack of play balancing."[/quote]

That's pathetic. They play games for a living. You'd think that a game wouldn't be that hard for them. I didn't even think it was that hard. From the little bit that I have played of it (rented it today), the difficulty seems to have returned to the goold ol' days of number 1.[/quote]

So becuase they play games for a living, means they should give DMC3 a high score, even though it's probably gonna be too hard for most folk?

Then again, everybody gave Ninja Gaiden 9s and 10s even though that game was also very hard. :roll:

Timesplitters: Future Perfect - 7.5 7.5 9.5

Whats up with this one?

Too bad, I was also looking forward to this. Maybe it has something to do with EA being the ones publishing it for the first time. I think the first two were published by Eidos.

[quote name='pistonfan']
Timesplitters: Future Perfect - 7.5 7.5 9.5

Whats up with this one?

Too bad, I was also looking forward to this. Maybe it has something to do with EA being the ones publishing it for the first time. I think the first two were published by Eidos.[/quote]

The 7.5's were for abnormally dumb A.I., linear levels, and somewhat spotty online.

If you want to know what they decided to wuss out on reviewing, they snubbed without mention of reviews next month:
Worms 3D(Xbox)
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe(PS2/Xbox)
Rugby 2005(PS2)
Polarium(DS)

Next month's reviews:
Worms Forts: Under Siege(PS2/Xbox)
God of War(PS2)
Rise of the Kasai(PS2)
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2(PS2)
Star Wars Republic Commando(Xbox)
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition(PS2/Xbox)
Red Ninja: End of Ninja(PS2/Xbox)
all PSP launch games

Previews:
The Incredible Hulk(PS2/Xbox)
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith(PS2/Xbox)
Batman Begins((PS2/Xbox/GC)
Fantastic Four(PS2/Xbox/GC)
Fire Emblem(GC)
a feature on Phantasy Star Universe
and preview screenings of all the 2005 movie games

I see EA's baseball game is, once again, getting universally higher reviews than VC's. Thanks Take-Two- for making sure Baseball fans are as screwed over as Football fans next year.

[quote name='help1']Why did TS3 score so low on the first two things? What is that for? also what catagory is the 9.5 in?

Looks like im buying SC:CT and UC2 now... not TS3... DAMN YOU EA GAMES! (They worked on this title)[/quote]

Those 3 scores are overall ratings for the game from three separate reviewers.

Also, people seem to be forgetting that 7.5 is a good score...

I just got the mag today, so I'm off to read it. :D

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yeah, another Splinter Cell game gets Game of the Month. Didn't see that coming. (sarcasm)

I don't know about you guys but video games are getting real boring with the same games always coming out.[/quote]

Ironic, considering your avatar and sig :rofl:

I perdicted these scores almost flawlessly (missed the 7.0 in DMC3 and 9.5 in TS:FP). EGM is more of a "mainstream" gamers mag. So of corse the "hardcore" types get pushed aside for the MTV Crowds.

[quote name='help1']DAMN YOU EA GAMES! (They worked on this title)[/quote]

You're really clueless, aren't you?

I'll make this as simple as can be. Radical made TS:FP, EA just slapped their name on the box.

bread's done
Back