Photo
- - - - -

AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

• Please log in to reply
2479 replies to this topic

#61 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

Passed on the chance to see Saw 3D with my friends to stay home and watch this (torrents are out of the question, since I'm on DSL)

Hopefully it'll be good.
Posted Image

#62 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

some stuff on PSN you can rent some stuff you can own. the free stuff was rental.

i don't remember amazon but i'm pretty sure it was in the browser.. if not then you should be able to copy it over.. don't know if it'll play on the PS3. Try the PS3 Questions and Answers thread The ManaKnight should be able to tell ya.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#63 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

Amazon content will play on the PS3. Using PlayOn, you just go in the program's settings on your computer and input your Amazon login. Then from the PS3, you can go directly into your "library" and stream whatever you bought. The only thing that sucks is you have to use Sony's piece of shit XMB to navigate.

#64 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

I know nothing about the comics and haven't heard about it at all, but I'm watching the premiere right now. It's absolutely amazing so far IMO.

#65 mossman43

mossman43

Castlevania Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:48 AM

Wow, so far I think this show sucks. Hopefully it will shift in a direction that changes my mind!
Proud owner of a PC Engine Duo-R with Castlevania Dracula X!!

#66 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:58 AM

I'm really liking it so far. You can't expect all-out zombie killing in the first episode.

#67 mossman43

mossman43

Castlevania Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

I should have kept my opinion to myself until the show ended! Now I really like it!

#68 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:30 AM

Loved it, they nailed the feel of the comic

#69 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:33 AM

I'm impressed. Time to buy all the comics...

#70 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:34 AM

Very awesome. It doesn't even feel like a TV show. It feels like a movie because its higher quality.

#71 mossman43

mossman43

Castlevania Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:38 AM

Watching it again to see if I missed something the first time.

#72 jbroush99

jbroush99

Old Tickle Feathers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:38 AM

So these zombies will eat anything that's alive? It took Romero six movies to get his zombies to eat something other than people
Spoiler
. Well, unless you count the centipede that one of them ate in the original Night of the Living Dead.

#73 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:43 AM

Yep they aren't picky, if it moves it's lunch.

#74 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:44 AM

Pretty good. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Did anybody go to the site to win the walk on role? It doesn't work for me.
Posted Image

#75 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:45 AM

I don't have cable. :( Is there anyway to watch this online? (other than a bittorent, I already knew that :p)
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#76 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:49 AM

Pretty good. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Did anybody go to the site to win the walk on role? It doesn't work for me.

didn't work for me. It looks like its being overloaded.

#77 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

hehahaha 2nd time this has come up. not sure if there's an online source yet since after all this is the premiere. based on Breaking Bad I'm going to assume it will NOT be on AMC's website but I do think it should be on the pay sources like PSN/Amazon/iTunes/XBL. As for Hulu... anyone's guess.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#78 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

Site worked for me regarding the contest, no shot in hell of winning but eh tried anyway

#79 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:53 AM

Pretty good show so far. Not 28 days later amazing, but not terrible either.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#80 Pancake Rabbit

Pancake Rabbit

Have A Cigar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:02 AM

Good stuff but it looks like the first season is only covering the first trade paperback. Hopefully the show's around long enough to get to The Governor storyline.

Posted Image

#81 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:04 AM

Amazon lists the Walking Dead SD & HD but doesn't have the premiere up yet. I'll probably be experimenting with their service soon.

#82 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:19 AM

If you buy stuff like MP3s from them, they tend to give promotional credits towards VOD downloads.

#83 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:30 AM

Well, my expectations were pretty high, and I feel pretty happy with it. I like that it's not getting away from the fact that the comics are about the people, not the zombies. Favorite moment:
Spoiler
My least favorite part:
Spoiler
Overall, I'm really looking forward to next week, and I wish the season was going to be longer. No way I'm going to get my fill with so few episodes.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#84 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

Watched it and watched the replay of it. So, so, so good. I haven't been this excited for "next week" since the days of 24.

Is there really only six seasons this season!? If they're all 90 minutes, that's still a good solid 8 hours or so (you have to factor in the commercial breaks), which I guess isn't bad for a first season, but come on.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#85 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

Never heard of this till tonight...thinking about buying the first volume of the book...but its costly. Any you guys know if the books cheaper before the show?

*edit* Just saw a whole thread dedicated to comic books. Great show...really revitalized interest in 'zombie' genre (I'm not sure if that is an actual genre).

Edited by dejeckt, 01 November 2010 - 07:54 AM.

#86 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:43 AM

Never heard of this till tonight...thinking about buying the first volume of the book...but its costly. Any you guys know if the books cheaper before the show?

*edit* Just saw a whole thread dedicated to comic books. Great show...really revitalized interest in 'zombie' genre (I'm not sure if that is an actual genre).

if you do buy the comics buy this because it puts all the volumes together in a single cheaper price

http://www.amazon.co...88608127&sr=8-1

#87 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

Watched it and watched the replay of it. So, so, so good. I haven't been this excited for "next week" since the days of 24.

Is there really only six seasons this season!? If they're all 90 minutes, that's still a good solid 8 hours or so (you have to factor in the commercial breaks), which I guess isn't bad for a first season, but come on.

I was doing some research on the series last night and found out AMC had originally ordered 6 episodes, but they ordered 6 more before the pilot aired. Rumor says they'll start filming season 2 sometime soon.

#88 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

if you do buy the comics buy this because it puts all the volumes together in a single cheaper price

http://www.amazon.co...88608127&sr=8-1

I wouldn't get that because it's stupidly fat and would be very clumsy to read.

#89 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

I loved the premiere. I thought Andrew Lincoln did a fantastic job as Rick. Everything with Morgan was really good as well. Can't wait for next week.

I wouldn't get that because it's stupidly fat and would be very clumsy to read.

I picked it up a few weeks ago, I think it feels fine. I like having it all in one place.

Although I do pretty much all of my reading at home. I can see how it'd be cumbersome to haul that thing around.

#90 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

I read that season 2 is supposed to start filming February 2011. Supposedly the seasons after this will be 13 episodes long.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift