AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

• Please log in to reply
2479 replies to this topic

#1801 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

They went for the dramatic effect last night. I can't wait for more action...

#1802 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Andrea needs to kill herself...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#1803 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Ok episode. Just more set up for the confrontation.

#1804 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Another boring filler episode.

These last few episodes makes it seem like TWD has jumped the shark.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#1805 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

I don't know why it took me so long but it just hit me with Merle's actor:

Spoiler

#1806 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

Best episode of the season!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1807 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

So was backpack guy just a random dude?

#1808 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

These characters are becoming more and more unlikeable.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#1809 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Spoiler

I never even thought about that. I really hope they work in a line about chocolate covered pretzels.
Posted Image

#1810 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

Spoiler

Don't forget Days of Thunder also

#1811 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

The Fuck? Black peeps getting development on this show without dying? what is this madness.

Wish they would have took a different approach with Morgan oh well.

Another mediocre episode, nice to see the return of ninja zombies again.

I cant be the only one that wanted carl to trip that ax booby trap wire to spare us that acting once and for all.

#1812 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

I cant be the only one that wanted carl to trip that ax booby trap wire to spare us that acting once and for all.

LOL. I've decided he's worse than Wesley Crusher.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1813 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

I loved the pilot episode so this one was a hit. I like how they didn't bounce around and stuck with Rick, Carl and Michonne. Bringing Andrea and her inane drama would've killed it.

#1814 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yep, good episode and I also like that they just focused on that group rather than jumping around.

#1815 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Last night's episode was the second episode written by the future showrunner, Scott Gimple. He also wrote "Hounded". Next week's episode is written by Ryan Coleman, it's his first episode. The next episode written by Gimple is s03e15 "This sorrowful life", airing 3/24, and will be the next to last episode this season. Gimple takes over as the showrunner beginning with season 4.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1816 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I'm guessing the brick building Rick drove by twice with the burnt bodies was the old folks home from one of the earlier episodes in season 1. That little thing really made the episode.

#1817 tgk2044

tgk2044

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'm guessing the brick building Rick drove by twice with the burnt bodies was the old folks home from one of the earlier episodes in season 1. That little thing really made the episode.

Good catch. Sometimes I wish they'd stress some of these little details more often. I watched the talking dead after every episode, and that helps point out small things sometimes. But am I just that short sighted that I could have missed something like the color coordinated escape routes during the episode? And the pully system he had going on?
Posted Image

#1818 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

I really felt like the zombie apocalypse screwed up Morgan just as it would in real life...

Anyhow, Rick realized that going crazy is not an option and he obviously needed to become clear, but in a good way.

This build up will have to be epic, right?

#1819 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Waaaa. Some of you are crazy!

This episode was fantastic best episode of the season easily. This was in no way a filler episode. God..the difference between someone who can act like Morgan and shitty Blondie.

As I have always said the show doesnt have to be action all the time but it does need to progress each episode. This had everything you could ask for....questions about Morgan? Answered. Rick coming to terms with his own craziness. Michonne grows as a character and to a lesser extent carl, got it covered.

Plus there were 2 parts of this episode I really loved. One when they got stuck and they just "dealt" with walkers around them. Rick just stating..."covers your ears" because they are no longer scared of zombies but take care of them like a way of life. Then the back pack guy...it was a great plot device to show the current state of the group. They never said a word about him.....that is some damn tasty writing.

Good job walking dead writers you have restored my faith....please do not let them cock it up. The show needs to be more of this and stop with the fake action/gore because they dont have the budget to make that happen.

#1820 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Possibly the best episode of the series. Loved it.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#1821 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

At first I thought it was too but when you look back at it, it cant be. The old folks home/Vatos' hideout was in Atlanta when Rick and company went back to get the gun bag. Also saw in another forum that they actually showed what happened at the old folks home in a deleted scene from the season 2 dvd

As for last night's episode, easily my 2nd favorite of the series right behind the pilot episode. Fantastic acting by Lennie James.

#1822 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Trying to get in to this show and failing. Somebody help me. I'm 4 shows in, and it's just not sticking. It took a couple before Breaking Bad became near the top for greatest TV show of all time, so I figured this one would grow on me. It's not. The acting is mediocre, the characters are a mix of intriguing and unlikeable, but there are SO many oddities in the actions and story.

-----------------EARLY SPOLIERS----------------

So the hillbilly is handcuffed to an old rusty pipe. For some reason he can't break it off, so he saws his hand off. OK. There is a tiny bit of blood on the ground-oh, it's because he made a tourniquet. Eh...OK. Self-cauterizes? OK. Kills a handful of zombies on his way out of the building. OK. But this is getting ridiculous. Unless he's changing in to a zombie, it's getting pretty far-fetched.

The good guys run in to the Mexican gangbangers...who are every bit of a stereotype, over the top. They are ready to start shooting each other in the face...until "mi abuela" comes through and takes the new guys by the hand and walks them through to show them the nursing home they're defending. Seriously? That was the difference between bullets flying, and everybody being friends? And the head of the gangbangers? A nursing home janitor. These guys take orders from a decent dude who cleans toilets. Really? This isn't Gus Frahne we're talking about. Insane.

Oh, but now that they're friends with the bangers, our team finds their truck missing. So they take off for a brisk jog of what...20, 50 miles? back to camp. OMG ZOMBIES! Apparently the shotgun from 20 yards away is tapping their brains, that's a relief. So zombies are dropping. One chick is dying, and the director and editor want three minutes of an extreme closeups of her and her sister's face as she dies. Could've been done in 20 seconds and had the same impact.

Just weird. I want to like it, I feel like I'm missing something that is making this a great show, and wonder if I need to get a couple more episodes in to figure out what that is.

Somebody help me out-with my opinion of it so far, am I wasting my time if I keep watching more, waiting for it to get good?

#1823 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Welp, if you don't like season one, season two is a please-have-mercy-on-your-damned-soul proposition. I.e., you'll resent it more and more.

So I say bail now.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1824 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Agreed. If you don't like Season 1, just give up as you aren't going to like any of it.

#1825 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Welp, if you don't like season one, season two is a please-have-mercy-on-your-damned-soul proposition. I.e., you'll resent it more and more.

So I say bail now.

Agreed. If you don't like Season 1, just give up as you aren't going to like any of it.

Cool, thanks. Exactly what I was wanting to know. Love that AMC is spending big money to try and make high production value entertainment. They're up there with HBO IMO.

#1826 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

I hated in star wars when the ships would make noise because ships can't make noise fucking bullshit!

#1827 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I hated in star wars when the ships would make noise because ships can't make noise fucking bullshit!

It sounds like between you taking great offense to old, good games being inexpensive, to your frustration over violated physics in the Star Wars Universe, you have a rough life.

#1828 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

At first I thought it was too but when you look back at it, it cant be. The old folks home/Vatos' hideout was in Atlanta when Rick and company went back to get the gun bag. Also saw in another forum that they actually showed what happened at the old folks home in a deleted scene from the season 2 dvd.

I really thought that was the same place being a brick building it looked similar. Plus they made it a point to show it a couple times like it was of some significance.

Are deleted scenes considered cannon?

#1829 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

I was actually really worried last week when they showed the promo for this episode and I didn't see any conflict between Rick/Governor, that this would be a filler episode to delay the final battle until the end of the season.

Boy, was I wrong. This ep. may have been akin to a side-quest, but they really nailed it. Michonne with dialogue (did she almost smile...?), Carl really stepping up, the bleak yet hopeful ending (totally dead backpacker, but they got what they came for and none of the main characters died), they closed out the "what happened to Morgan?:" storyline, and now we're back on track with the main plot.

Hopefully they can keep the momentum going down the stretch.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1830 Scrubs

Scrubs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

I was actually really worried last week when they showed the promo for this episode and I didn't see any conflict between Rick/Governor, that this would be a filler episode to delay the final battle until the end of the season.

Boy, was I wrong. This ep. may have been akin to a side-quest, but they really nailed it. Michonne with dialogue (did she almost smile...?), Carl really stepping up, the bleak yet hopeful ending (totally dead backpacker, but they got what they came for and none of the main characters died), they closed out the "what happened to Morgan?:" storyline, and now we're back on track with the main plot.

Hopefully they can keep the momentum going down the stretch.

I disagree. They didn't (at least in my opinion) close out Morgan's storyline. My guess is that he'll back - whether in human form we will have to wait and see - but the next time he's back then we can draw it to a close. I'm 99% sure he'll return.