Photo
- - - - -

AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

• Please log in to reply
2479 replies to this topic

#1861 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hey guys, it's not the comic....get over it.

:roll:

Its amazing how no one ever tries to make a case for it being a spot on re-reaction of the comic yet someone always says this.

#1862 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

tv guide said ALOT of people get killed in march 31 final show for the season... wonder how many major people will get it .....

Please let Andrea be one of those people. I can't stand her character and she is a dumb ass bitch. She thinks she is such a badass yet she is a complete moron.

:pray:
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#1863 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

Please let Andrea be one of those people. I can't stand her character and she is a dumb ass bitch. She thinks she is such a badass yet she is a complete moron.

:pray:

How eloquent. (Go look it up. Then look up sarcasm.)

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#1864 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

tv guide said ALOT of people get killed in march 31 final show for the season... wonder how many major people will get it .....

Almost a plot hole (but mostly not mentioned): Where was Carol during the whole episode? I was wondering if she'd disappeared (along with the random hitchhiker picked up from last episode) and that annoying baby (Lil Ass Kicker), but magically, she appeared for a reaction shot at the very, very end of the episode. Her usefullness in the storyline has ended.

My Slidecage guesses:
Spoiler

Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#1865 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Almost a plot hole (but mostly not mentioned): Where was Carol during the whole episode? I was wondering if she'd disappeared (along with the random hitchhiker picked up from last episode) and that annoying baby (Lil Ass Kicker), but magically, she appeared for a reaction shot at the very, very end of the episode. Her usefullness in the storyline has ended.
[/SPOILER]

They didn't pick up the random hitchhiker last episode. They left him behind and on their return trip saw he had been attacked and killed so they stopped to pick up his pack of supplies.

#1866 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Everyone dies and the show becomes a documentary style program following zombies as they migrate across the country.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1867 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

:roll:

Its amazing how no one ever tries to make a case for it being a spot on re-reaction of the comic yet someone always says this.

so?

just because people haven't made a case for an exact recreation doesn't limit the amount of whining I've read in this VERY thread about how the show isn't doing things like the comic. (and pssst....you're one of the worst offenders)

#1868 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Everyone dies and the show becomes a documentary style program following zombies as they migrate across the country.

I'd watch it. I wonder if it becomes sorta like Life After Humans when the zombies run out of a food source.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1869 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Holy shit, this is a FANTASTIC idea. I'm not even joking.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1870 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

That would be boring as shit. Carl's gonna die :)
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#1871 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

As someone who has read the comics, I'm a bit nervous about where the show goes after season 3. I think at this point, everybody (comic reader or not) knows what the finale is going to be...and an assumption that lots of people will die is a fairly safe bet. There are plenty of new characters to be introduced still...but I can't think of too many shows that wipe out the majority of their cast in one swoop. Now, that would be very true to the source material...but part of me wonders if it would actually hurt ratings. Even for characters people don't like...you get invested after multiple years of watching. Essentially starting over could lose some viewers. It definitely seems like something they need to be careful with.

#1872 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

That would be boring as shit. Carl's gonna die :)

I'm hoping for Carl and Andrea to die painfully.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#1873 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

This is how you can tell the writer are being handcuffed into forcing plot devices.....Michonne has only personally saved 4 or 5 peoples lives including blondie, informed them that their group was kidnapped, lead them to the governed, helped with the raid, then did a bunch of stuff to help afterward as well as being the one who invented the hole zombie-b-gone tactic...(which I am surprise no in the show cares about...)

It feels as though they forgot to air the episode where Michonne actually betrays them in some way.

They have also ruined the Governor because they showed his hand far to early and to too many people. The people in Ricks group arent suppose to know the governor is a mini hitler until 5 seconds before he shows up to kill everyone. As it stands now the group has first hand knowledge from about 10 sources that the governor bathes in blood every night.....yet they keep on with this..."maybe if we send him some cookies he will be cool?" You mean the guy who you know.....sexually assaulted maggie, tortured glenn, tried to kill daryle and merle by having them fight enough other to the death, tried to kill michonne, kept his dead daughter tied up in a room and fed her everyday as well as going to sleep with the charming gazes of 50 severed heads?

Its annoying to see rick constantly having to ponder how to make peace with him when he already knows that he is a nut job.

I believe Hershel mentioned all those and more about Michonne just at the end of the other episode. Also the episode before with Morgan was mostly all about how she is now part of the group. Carl even goes and it says it right at the end.

I feel they have gotten past the whole doubting Michonne thing - at least for a few weeks now and now she is part of the group.

As for Rick's group not knowing the Governor is evil until he storms the gates. I'm not sure if you are referencing the comics, because even though it has been years and years I'm pretty sure after all that happened in the town and with Tyrese everyone knew he was evil.

If you are just on about the show - I don't think anyone is showing that think they can bargain with him. Any character who talks pretty much says either kill him or get out of the prison before he shows up. Rick specifically says that he knows that if they give into the deal the Governor will just kill them all immediately afterward

I do agree with the lack of people in the town. It doesn't feel like there are too many people there, but maybe there are only like 40 or something. I do not know. They showed a good amount of people trying to leave the town after Rick's group was there and during the gladiator fights. Maybe there isn't that many and that is why the Governor even mentions it will come down to the last man, especially since Rick's group is much more battle hardened then his town folk.

As for the episode itself. It had some high tension moments with Rick and the Governor, but did feel a bit flat after last week's episode.

On an unrelated note - I wonder where they will go with this next season. Follow the comics a bit or do their own thing? I honestly haven't loved the comic over the last 2 or 3 years. Characters who I don't care about show up, do a little and then die while the core (well almost all the core) just keep doing there thing.

#1874 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

I wonder where they will go with this next season. Follow the comics a bit or do their own thing?

For those who subscribe to Rolling Stone, there's a great article in the March 28 issue on this very thing. In it, Robert Kirkman says, "The episodes are all about ramping up the conflict between the Governor and Rick. There are a few surprises in store as to who is going to be doing what on which side. Those reveals are going to be startling."

Oh, and exactly 27 characters die in the season finale.

"The reality is, nobody is safe. We're not going to slow things down, but if I had a criticism of Season Three, it would be that we didn't focus on character development. We're going to try to step it up a notch in that department."

He points to "Clear" which focused on a road trip. "We're going to focus on fewer characters per episode." Not coincidentally, Clear was written by new showrunner, Scott Gimple.
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#1875 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Seriously this is an fun idea, even if it's done as a spoof. Someone make this and get it narrated by David Attenborough while you're at it.

#1876 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

No way. Stephen Fry needs to narrate it.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1877 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Oh, and exactly 27 characters die in the season finale.

My predictions:

Spoiler

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#1878 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

I would watch it for the closed captions alone.

#1879 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

No way. Stephen Fry needs to narrate it.

That was my thought as well. Depending upon the tone it might be better with Morgan Freeman though.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1880 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

I actually think Gilbert Godfried would be best. Would really instill the banality of existence and desire to die in such a world.

#1881 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

VAIR-RID-DIS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Possible spoiler (Picture) *not mine

#1882 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Another episode where nothing happened.
Stellar writing.

#1883 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

Another drawn out, predictable yawn-fest. Thankfully a new Californication will redeem TV for the night.

#1884 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Spoiler

Edited by shrike4242, 18 March 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#1885 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Spoiler

Edited by shrike4242, 18 March 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#1886 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

There goes half the TWD audience if thats legit, all though i wonder how that whole full episode was obtained already.

Spoiler

Poor Laurie Holden trying to explain her character because she probably knows they butchered the writing for her character, hopefully they show the deleted scenes that she was talking about.

My reply to your points:

Spoiler

Edited by shrike4242, 18 March 2013 - 07:49 PM.

Posted Image

#1887 jbroush99

jbroush99

Old Tickle Feathers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Spoiler

#1888 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Spoilers, please.

#1889 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

That's been all over /b/ for the last week. Sucks, but it seems legit.

For this week: (Spoilers are needed for a show that aired the day before? Meanwhile this entire thread is full of posts the day after without spoiler tags? Hypocrisy)
Spoiler

Edited by Calipso, 18 March 2013 - 07:44 PM.
Spoilers are needed because of a mod on a power trip.

Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#1890 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Spoiler