• Please log in to reply
2470 replies to this topic

#1891 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

My unpopular opinion on spoiler tags in television show threads on CAG:

The tagging of spoilers point of view is flawed. If someone enters a thread about a show that airs on sunday night, on monday.....they should expect results. Same thing with going to IMDB to look out information on a show or a movie they haven't seen and then venture into the forums.

So should every single post on TWD have spoiler tags from now until a year or two from now? Keep in mind, through the current logic.....someone may have not watched the episode/seasons being talked about.

Talking about an episode and having spoiler tags the same evening makes sense. A day later is a moot point. People know well enough to not enter a thread if they don't want to read about what happened. Hell, put "spoilers" in the title of the thread. Spoiler tagging entire posts ruins the thread and the point of it.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#1892 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Spoiler

TWD isn't exactly a top-notch operation when you get down to the brass tacks. I can believe that someone overlooked that particular mistake because they miss mistakes every week on this show.

Plot holes, terrible writing and common errors are the norm on the TWD. I'm just hoping for the finale to be something close to how good Season One was. Otherwise, I don't think I'll be waiting every week during Season 4 to watch it.
Currently playing:

#1893 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

My unpopular opinion on spoiler tags in television show threads on CAG:

The tagging of spoilers point of view is flawed. If someone enters a thread about a show that airs on sunday night, on monday.....they should expect results. Same thing with going to IMDB to look out information on a show or a movie they haven't seen and then venture into the forums.

So should every single post on TWD have spoiler tags from now until a year or two from now? Keep in mind, through the current logic.....someone may have not watched the episode/seasons being talked about.

Talking about an episode and having spoiler tags the same evening makes sense. A day later is a moot point. People know well enough to not enter a thread if they don't want to read about what happened. Hell, put "spoilers" in the title of the thread. Spoiler tagging entire posts ruins the thread and the point of it.

Whenever i miss the airing of the episode i simply stay the Fuck off the thread and wait till im able to watch the episode to keep up. Damn thing airs about 4-5 times Sunday ffs. Having to spoiler our shit because people are too stupid to come into a thread the night of or day after the show is aired without watching is retarded.

#1894 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Wow, some people are kind of a big deal in this thread. What with deciding that every other person in the world should abide by their big shot life's schedule.

Goodness. Do you people get mad when you hit a red light while driving? I mean, because red lights shouldn't apply to your busy hot steppin'?

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1895 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

Posted Image

#1896 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Posted Image

Not that I could ever take The (non-comic) Governor seriously, but after seeing this...oh my. #-o

#1897 jbroush99

jbroush99

Old Tickle Feathers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Possible spoiler (Picture) *not mine

Spoiler

#1898 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

:bomb:

#1899 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Posted Image

Where did you find this????? I must watch it. Has an Austin Powers feel to it.

Posted Image

Many Fall, Few Rise

#1900 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Posted Image

wtf

#1901 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

found it, The gif is much better then the real thing.

Posted Image

Many Fall, Few Rise

#1902 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

That's been all over /b/ for the last week. Sucks, but it seems legit.

For this week: (Spoilers are needed for a show that aired the day before? Meanwhile this entire thread is full of posts the day after without spoiler tags? Hypocrisy)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#1903 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Not much to add since everything has already been mentioned.

I cant wait for the governor storyline to be over since they cant seem to show how menacing he is suppose to be without turning him into a caricature of every movie bad guy ever.

The interview with real life blondie makes serve to reenforce how handcuffed the writers are on this show for me. Like I said before, the guys who write this show are actually stellar and have been working in the business for decades, they know what they are doing.

This feels like the network not wanting to spend any money on anything and forcing them to write in very small boxes.

#1904 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Not much to add since everything has already been mentioned.

I cant wait for the governor storyline to be over since they cant seem to show how menacing he is suppose to be without turning him into a caricature of every movie bad guy ever.

The interview with real life blondie makes serve to reenforce how handcuffed the writers are on this show for me. Like I said before, the guys who write this show are actually stellar and have been working in the business for decades, they know what they are doing.

This feels like the network not wanting to spend any money on anything and forcing them to write in very small boxes.

If I recall correctly, I believe that the network is basically barebones funding the show just to take advantage of the tax credits as the primary source of profits. I can't remember if they did it with another show or if they're just copying that model from another network.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#1905 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Wow, some people are kind of a big deal in this thread. What with deciding that every other person in the world should abide by their big shot life's schedule.

Goodness. Do you people get mad when you hit a red light while driving? I mean, because red lights shouldn't apply to your busy hot steppin'?

Or.....you simply avoid the thread of a TV show if you HAVEN'T watched it. Hurr durr, that would make too much sense.
Currently playing:

#1906 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Whoa, slow down there, chief! I didn't realize you didn't have people to post in this thread for you! Just order one of those many, many servants to be considerate to other people, and take the .2 seconds it takes to click the spoilers button. Or .4 to type it out, provided they aren't retarded.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1907 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

I don't come into the thread until I have seen the latest episode. Doesn't take that much self restraint. That's just my .02

I guess some people are still on Season 1 or 2 how ever which makes sense in a way.

Plus, those spoiler tags are a big red button that you shouldn't touch but just have to anyways.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1908 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

I also just don't come into this thread until after I watch the episode.

These last two episodes should be pretty crazy.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1909 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

I also avoid the thread until I'm caught up on the show. People can make all the clever quips they want, but it seems pretty unreasonable for me to expect others to restrict their discussion just because I'm behind on the show...but still feel compelled to read people discussing episodes I haven't seen...but only if it's in vague detail. I mean, I still try to do it as a courtesy, but at some point, it does start to sound a little silly doesn't it?

#1910 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

I hope someone chops Andrea's head off.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#1911 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Spoiler

:bomb:

remember they said if you smell like one they would not attack... maybe they dressed him up as on to get though the swarm
WOOOO I STINK

#1912 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Whoa, slow down there, chief! I didn't realize you didn't have people to post in this thread for you! Just order one of those many, many servants to be considerate to other people, and take the .2 seconds it takes to click the spoilers button. Or .4 to type it out, provided they aren't retarded.

Came into a thread about a show that just aired and am shocked to see spoilers.
Crazy fucking world!

#1913 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Looks like those spoilers came to pass. Unfortunate. Good ending to the episode though, glad to see some people can redeem themselves.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#1914 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

What an ending and what a performance by Darryl. I had chills throughout my entire body during the final scene.

Edited by shrike4242, 25 March 2013 - 10:14 PM.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1915 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

wow...

honestly I thought it would have been an interesting turn of events if...
Meryl somehow recognized his brother and instead of going after him, just walked off. I know that's not how the virus works..

Edited by shrike4242, 25 March 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#1916 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

wow...

honestly I thought it would have been an interesting turn of events if...
Meryl somehow recognized his brother and instead of going after him, just walked off. I know that's not how the virus works..

uhhhhh

#1917 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

Sucks those spoiler pics were true.... Fuck

Ending made up for the other 55 mins of garbage.

-Welcome back the dodge ram with its wax job again

-Couldn't stop laughing at the chevy on 20's, then an extra laugh was had when i realize the original owner could only afford 2

-wtf is with having such a tense scene with merle and the governor troops shootout etc only to have the very next scene be a goddamn marriage proposal? way to kill that tension.

-Sad that Merle's genius plan had to get buried by Mazzaras shitty writing with the surprise ninja zombie out of nowhere routine. Then suddenly everyone knows where Merle is even though nobody knew he was even there in the first place. Let me also get this straight, Michonne whooped the Govs ass all around his place leaving him with only 1 eye, yet Merle who has Military training gets his ass beat by that same 1 eyed governor :roll:

-that shootout scene seemed to highlight the problem Soodmeg was pointing out a couple of episodes ago. They set up this whole impending war with the Governor and every time you saw the town it seemed like there was only about 5-6 people that would be going to war against the prison which would seem like they have even numbers. Now fast forward to this episode and now there seems to be 10+ of these bastards at the rendezvous that Merle went after. where the hell these fools come from?

-If Martinez is sporting a damn grenade launcher im gonna love how they somehow write this war to be somewhat even.

#1918 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

Sucks those spoiler pics were true.... Fuck

-Sad that Merle's genius plan had to get buried by Mazzaras shitty writing with the surprise ninja zombie out of nowhere routine. Then suddenly everyone knows where Merle is even though nobody knew he was even there in the first place. Let me also get this straight, Michonne whooped the Govs ass all around his place leaving him with only 1 eye, yet Merle who has Military training gets his ass beat by that same 1 eyed governor :roll:

I thought it was explained pretty well what happened:

Martinez and his buddy had already noticed Merle before the zombie showed up. Showed them pointing to the window after noticing someone getting shot. Also before the Governor fought Merle he was pretty much already curb stomped for about 30 seconds by the two guys who kicked his ass before then pretty much picking him up for the Governor to get his kicks in.

#1919 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Just to show you how shitty the character development was i had no idea Merle was eating Ben LOL

#1920 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Glad I didn't see the spoilers and stayed out of this thread. A friend of mine posted about Merle on Facebook, but didn't say how it happened. Not happy that it happened. I would have liked to see him last till midseason next season. Also I didn't notice that he was eating Ben and who the hell is Ben.

Posted Image