AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

• Please log in to reply
2470 replies to this topic

#2461 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Not this "Oh noes! Our leader has been hurt. How do I use a weapon again???" That just felt unauthentic to me. Like I said, practically speaking, there's no way Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl all make it out of that alive.

While I don't buy it in those movies with entire armies bowing down because one leader dies, when its that kind of situation where someone with all those rules that Joe had dies, I can kinda see his people being stunned by someone who was able to best Joe.

I'd say the more unrealistic thing is that Joe just didn't shoot first, but then again, I'm sure it had to do with his rules, and wanting to get even for the guy that got strangled.

538822.png

#2462 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

While I don't buy it in those movies with entire armies bowing down because one leader dies, when its that kind of situation where someone with all those rules that Joe had dies, I can kinda see his people being stunned by someone who was able to best Joe.

I'd say the more unrealistic thing is that Joe just didn't shoot first, but then again, I'm sure it had to do with his rules, and wanting to get even for the guy that got strangled.

That's actually not a bad point. The rules throw an interesting twist on it. Depending on how long that group had been together, you could maybe suggest they were almost brainwashed by Joe's rules...and you don't know how much he applied them to himself (ie. no man is above any other man). Putting some psychology on it I suppose makes it a bit more believable...but I still would have preferred a different resolution than "Rick beats all", lol.

#2463 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Not this "Oh noes! Our leader has been hurt. How do I use a weapon again???" That just felt unauthentic to me. Like I said, practically speaking, there's no way Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl all make it out of that alive.

We've seen his scenario a hundred times in movies and tv. Sure, it's lazy writing but let's not pretend it's our first rodeo. I totally expected them all to make it out alive.

#2464 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

We've seen his scenario a hundred times in movies and tv. Sure, it's lazy writing but let's not pretend it's our first rodeo. I totally expected them all to make it out alive.

Well, of course. You could argue those were the 4 most popular characters on the show. I didn't want any of them to die. I just wanted the scene written in a way that didn't seem so insurmountable and then be like "I'm Rick...and you lose!", lol. Like I said, they wanted it to be all about Rick, and be some turning point for him...even if it was stupid.

Had Daryl taken out two of the marauders on his own, and THEN Rick and Michonne turn the tables while their aggressors were distracted, it wouldn't have been as much of a glorious "Rick is BACK!" moment. I get it. I was just irritated that I felt I wrote it better in my head in 20 seconds than what they came up with.

#2465 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

if someone was just now  to get into the comics what would be the cheapest way  up to date.  or  would i still be looking at tons of cash

guessing

The Walking Dead: Compendium one and two and wait for  3?
WOOOO I STINK

#2466 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

I'd recommend going with the TPBs myself. There are currently twenty volumes of the TPB now and on Amazon they are all I think $8.50+ so you're looking at $170 there plus taxes. These would be better because they are smaller and easier to read. The Compendiums are $32 each on Amazon so the first two would set you back $64. The problem with the compediums are that they are massive and they are paperback. Which makes them more delicate/easier to tear. The hardcover books are the best quality but cost $20 each even on Amazon so you're looking at $190.

I'd say pick up the first couple TPB for $8.50+ each and see if you even like it. If not, you'll have saved money and, in the long run, you're have a better set with the TPB than you would with the Compendiums. But if you're really just looking to save money then go the Compendium route.

#2467 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

u4y3eqe8.jpg

#2468 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

if someone was just now  to get into the comics what would be the cheapest way  up to date.  or  would i still be looking at tons of cash

guessing

The Walking Dead: Compendium one and two and wait for  3?

Free is always best. If you just want to read it try your local library? Most libraries have comic book/graphic novel sections nowadays. I know a couple by me that have great selections and have seen both Walking Dead Compendiums there. It really helped me out catching up with a ton of stuff.

If you want to own it, sure the compendiums are the way to go. About $30 each on Amazon I think.

#2469 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

A while back, I had a bunch of trade-in credit with Hastings, so I bought all the compendiums when they had a used sale and "cheap" shipping. Catching up on the reading now that the show is on hiatus.

Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#2470 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, the compendiums are great. I bought and read the first two, and then started getting the trade paperbacks (Volume 17 picks up with the 1st issue after the last one in the 2nd compendium--compendium one is trade paper backs Volumes 1-8 and two is 9-16).

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2471 ImLuhkee

ImLuhkee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

Depending on if you have a tablet, I found it very convenient to get the digital copies and read the series on the go. Specifically a tablet was much easier to read them on than my phone.