[DEAD] Anime DVD & BD Summer Sale (Up to 60% off on 1,000+ titles) @ DeepDiscount.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
Anime DVD & Blu-ray Summer Sale (Up to 60% off on 1,000+ titles) @ DeepDiscount.com

anime-landing-page_01.jpg

anime-landing-page_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I can tell, their prices are much higher compared to the sales Best Buy and Amazon have going right now.

Just a heads-up.

A lot of the Bandai stuff is cheaper than it was during the 40% off sale, or even the $24.99 sale that occurred just a bit before. Now I can pick up Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop again. :)

Yes some prices are terrible, but there are still a lot of great deals to be found. There are 89 pages worth of anime in the sale and I've already seen 3 or 4 sets that are cheaper than anywhere else

Blood the Last Vampire Blu-ray 7.98
Street Fighter 3-pack - 7.98
Sakura Wars TV complete - 14.98
My Hime Complete - 23.98
Cowboy Bebob Remix complete 23.98
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Vol 1 or 2 - $23.98 each

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes some prices are terrible, but there are still a lot of great deals to be found. There are 89 pages worth of anime in the sale and I've already seen 3 or 4 sets that are cheaper than anywhere else[/QUOTE]
I agree. I just bout Shana and Azumanga Daioh from Fry's and those were $44.99 and $39.99. This site has them for much less. Some deals to be found. Even Initial D 4th Stage is like $24.00 for a season. WOW!

Thanks OP, there are some deals to be had here:

Cowboy Bebop Remix: Anime Legends [6 Discs] - 23.98

Ghost in the Shell 2.0 (Blu-ray) - 13.98

Godannar: Complete Collection - 33.58

Vexille: Movie (Blu-ray) - 12.98

009-1 Box Set - 11.28

Dante's Inferno (Blu-ray) - 7.98

Outlaw Star - 23.98

great prices on the Bandai stuff though. funi titles are cheaper elsewhere but it's real tought to get lower prices on the Bandai boxsets

Some price's are higher than normal but there's still some good prices in there which suck because I don't wanna spend any money. :'( All these damn sales are killing me, I like to much anime......

[quote name='G-Nitro']I bit on Gurren Lagann even tho it is back ordered. We'll see what happens[/QUOTE]

its a new release... so pretty sure it'll be shipped... may be a few weeks tho.

Just ordered two anime's at a good price:

1) Rumbling Hearts - $11.28 (matches Buy.com & no tax)
2) Beck - $16.98 (best price I could find, but back-ordered)

A lot of good sets here. Just placed an order for Gurren Lagann and Clannad. I'll wait and see what other people get because I don't want to spent too much at once and everything looks tempting.

Is anyone familiar with case closed/detective conan? Has the series been redone or something, as we've seen on Dragonball? Given that I've got parts of the first 4 seasons, I'd be interested in buying whole season sets but I'd want to know if anything was updated.

Saw some case closed titles I think I want. anyone aware of if/how they've done some kind of repackaging? I have some incomplete seasons.

[quote name='h0mi']Saw some case closed titles I think I want. anyone aware of if/how they've done some kind of repackaging? I have some incomplete seasons.[/QUOTE]I believe that all of the seasons they've released so far (1-5) have been repackaged as Viridian Collections.

[quote name='refusedchaos']how is Ghost Slayers Ayashi?[/QUOTE]

Like watching paint dry.

[quote name='h0mi']Saw some case closed titles I think I want. anyone aware of if/how they've done some kind of repackaging? I have some incomplete seasons.[/QUOTE]

It should also be noted that all of the Case Closed season sets are currently $13-15 at Amazon, making that the better deal.

[quote name='refusedchaos']LOL alright, I guess nothing for me then.[/QUOTE]

remember, if Kirin disses a show it's usually pretty entertaining

[quote name='wormraper']remember, if Kirin disses a show it's usually pretty entertaining[/QUOTE]

idk, most of the time he is right. I didnt listen to him with Love Hina and...yea >.>

[quote name='G-Nitro']I bit on Gurren Lagann even tho it is back ordered. We'll see what happens[/QUOTE]

Just watched that on my metflix. it was awesome

[quote name='Brian9824']Love Hina is just a god awful train wreck. Plenty of better harem shows out there.[/QUOTE]

yea I know...I didnt trust him and I paid the price xD

[quote name='wormraper']people don't like Love Hina!!!! holy crap, that's one of my quintessential Harem shows. :hot:[/QUOTE]
Well, there's your problem, harem anime are by definition terrible. ;)

[quote name='G-Nitro']Already being charged for Gurren Lagann, so I guess it's gonna be shipping soon. :)[/QUOTE]

Same. It was supposedly out of stock for Outlaw Star & Gurren Lagann but I got charged the second I ordered them. I made two orders because Lucky Star + the OVA are in stock.

The site hasn't even sent me any e-mails yet confirming on if they are even in stock or not even though the site said it wouldn't charge me if they weren't. If they all ship, I'm fine. If GL & OS are really out of stock, then I'm puzzled on why I was charged instantly. Guess we'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

In for Outlaw Star, Planetes, Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, and Lucky Star.

Might get more later if space/money allows.

Just throwing this out there, it took about 5 months or so (hard to remember the exact time frame as it was sooo long) for deepdiscount to send me my backordered Gurren Lagann Pt 3 lmtd edition.

[quote name='kk012']For the Gurren Lagann Anime Legends complete collection, do the DVDS come in thin paks or one giant DVD case?[/QUOTE]
I would only assume it's one giant DVD case. Though since this is newer, I am hoping for thin cases.

[quote name='Shinpachi']Just throwing this out there, it took about 5 months or so (hard to remember the exact time frame as it was sooo long) for deepdiscount to send me my backordered Gurren Lagann Pt 3 lmtd edition.[/QUOTE]
Were you charged when you first ordered it, or were you charged right before they shipped it? According to the site, they would e-mail you on how long a item would take to arrive if it was backordered, is this true?

[quote name='kk012']For the Gurren Lagann Anime Legends complete collection, do the DVDS come in thin paks or one giant DVD case?[/QUOTE]

For the newer anime legends, they come in a regular sized DVD case.

[quote name='wormraper']remember, if Kirin disses a show it's usually pretty entertaining[/QUOTE]

If you enjoy watching terrible shit, yes, that's probably true. ;)

[quote name='arcane93']I was seriously considering ordering Last Exile, until I saw that it's coming out on blu-ray on October 5th. I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Upscale alert.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, but unless you're ordering additional stuff, you're also going to pay shipping.

I was seriously considering ordering Last Exile, until I saw that it's coming out on blu-ray on October 5th. I can wait.[/QUOTE]

If you wanted to just watch it and wait for it to price drop somewhere it's available on Netflix Instant Streaming until something like August 9th...I'm going through it right now actually...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Upscale alert.[/QUOTE]

Probably, but you know what? It's not going to look worse. I'm still afraid (I think we talked about this before on another thread) that Funimation may have seriously compromised the very high quality that was seen on the original Geneon seven DVD set by compressing it down to fit onto four DVDs in their release (granted, I still have not seen Funimation's release to confirm or deny this fear, but I can't see how they could compress it that much without losing significant quality). Assuming that they're starting again with the masters in making these blu-rays rather than just transferring from the DVDs, it should still be a significant improvement over their DVD release. If they only manage to bring the quality back up to that of the Geneon DVD release, I'm perfectly happy. So rather than buying the current four disc DVD set, I'll take a chance and wait for the blu-ray.

[quote name='microcuts777']If you wanted to just watch it and wait for it to price drop somewhere it's available on Netflix Instant Streaming until something like August 9th...I'm going through it right now actually...[/QUOTE]

I've actually seen it before, and want to own a copy. But thanks. Also, I don't like watching anime on Netflix because it's all dubbed, and I strongly prefer subbed. Supposedly Netflix is starting to support subtitles, so maybe we'll see dual-audio anime on there soon, but until they do that I've got to go elsewhere.

bread's done
Back