New Xbox 360 S Bundle and Kinect Pricing

poker360

Banned
**All kinect games will be priced @ $49.99**

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/kinect/Default.aspx?loc=homeflash1

Before someone says "This is MSRP" , these bundles and stuff may be hard to get, especially the new xbox 360 $299 bundle with kinect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Xbox 360 Kinect 4GB Console Bundle includes the following items: (Also includes the Wireless N Adapter built in, 360 is matte finish)

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-...f=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=aps&qid=1279650920&sr=8-1 - $299
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=020056&loc=ntlarcade -- $299
4812480548_4d85908edc.jpg

• Xbox 360 4GB S Console
  • Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
  • Kinect Adventures game - rated “E” for Everyone
  • Xbox 360 Black Wireless Controller
  • Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable (standard definition)
  • One Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • 1 year limited warranty on console
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox 360® 4GB Console includes: (Also includes the Wireless N Adapter built in)

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=020060&loc=ntlelite -- $199

• Xbox 360 4GB S Console
  • Xbox 360 Black Wireless Controller
  • Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable (standard definition)
  • One Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • 1 year limited warranty on console

Kinect will come with Kinect Adventures @ $149

http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279650920&sr=8-2
4812480628_9133d3ff90.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=020055&loc=ntlalone

Last edited by a moderator:
A wonderful addition to MSRPgamer.com, OH WAIT.....Making a thread now because you think they'll be hard to find is just stupid. Let's stick to actual deals, not speculation and retail pricing. There is no deal here.

I see people complaining already but really it doesn't seem like that bad of a price for the 4GB Xbox alone at $200 or with Kinect at $300.

Kinect can go die in a fire but I may be getting the $200 one just because it has the built in wi-fi and my Xbox is ancient.

wait, only has 4gb internal storage? am I missing something here?? that amount is required for pure system files since the 20gb harddrive..

[quote name='token2k6']wait, only has 4gb internal storage? am I missing something here?? that amount is required for pure system files since the 20gb harddriver..[/QUOTE]

It has 4GB of flash storage. Just like the last Arcade model had only 256MB or was it 512MB. This model can still use a HDD once those become available at retail.

[quote name='token2k6']wait, only has 4gb internal storage? am I missing something here?? that amount is required for pure system files since the 20gb harddriver..[/QUOTE]

Then how would the current Arcade (512 Mb of internal storage) work?

The thing that bugged me about the 4Gb model was that (according to Kotaku) MS doesn't have any hard drives ready for them.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It has 4GB of flash storage. Just like the last Arcade model had only 256MB or was it 512MB. This model can still use a HDD once those become available at retail.[/QUOTE]

OMG, well that makes sense..I guess I need to go back and brush up on the slim 360 facts..like I also thought you couldn't add HDD's to it and that would only come built in (that's why I confused initially) but with you saying you can..so much confusion..

don't complain about this being posted, when everyone was okay with people posting "Xbox 360 Slim available for $299!" etc

there's been plenty of msrp threads made when new things come out, and bundle deals are ok by me... still passing on all this kinect crap though.

[quote name='Akira119']Then how would the current Arcade (512 Mb of internal storage) work?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I just remember checking file space back in the day when I had the 20gb and only noticed 16gb available with hardly anything on there. Quickly prompted a call to MSFT and they said all that is hidden system area (but I guess it was the partition..huge partition though..should be less than 2gb for 20gb for sure.)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']don't complain about this being posted, when everyone was okay with people posting "Xbox 360 Slim available for $299!" etc

there's been plenty of msrp threads made when new things come out, and bundle deals are ok by me... still passing on all this kinect crap though.[/QUOTE]

no, not everyone was ok with those threads either. This should be in the 360 discussion forum

[quote name='token2k6']OMG, well that makes sense..I guess I need to go back and brush up on the slim 360 facts..like I also thought you couldn't add HDD's to it and that would only come built in (that's why I confused initially) but with you saying you can..so much confusion..[/QUOTE]

No HDD for the S model has been announced, but the HDD in the S can be easily removed and comes in its own proprietary case. It's smaller than the older 360 HDDs, but it is not universal like PS3s. I assume now that the S Arcade is announced a standalone HDD won't be far behind.

[quote name='ssjmichael']no, not everyone was ok with those threads either. This should be in the 360 discussion forum[/QUOTE]

it's fine here. if you don't like it move along.

There's been plenty of "Ps3 IN STOCK" threads, and back in the day "WIi in stock @ MSRP"

No one knows how to upgrade the disk with an aftermarket one yet either. I'm sure the $200 console will be a steal once someone figures it out though. MS claims proprietary drive but I'm sure there's something out there you can swap it out with.

[quote name='ssjmichael']no, not everyone was ok with those threads either. This should be in the 360 discussion forum[/QUOTE]

Even though it's MSRP it will be considered a deal to many and even if it wasn't it's going to get a lot of traffic so I dont think it belongs hidden there.

Slightly off topic I think it's time for Sony to announce something...

[quote name='hustletron']No one knows how to upgrade the disk with an aftermarket one yet either. I'm sure the $200 console will be a steal once someone figures it out though. MS claims proprietary drive but I'm sure there's something out there you can swap it out with.[/QUOTE]

The issue is the casing, just like the older 360 HDDs. It still uses a casing that is unique to the 360 S. I am sure it'll be done eventually, but I don't think enough of the cases for the HDDs are out there to warrant this.

[quote name='poker360']it's fine here. if you don't like it move along.

There's been plenty of "Ps3 IN STOCK" threads, and back in the day "WIi in stock @ MSRP"[/QUOTE]

ha! I wasn't here for that, but with how the Wii went down I could imagine this was every other day, and "Wii Spotted In-Stock at an Exxon Gas Station - YMMV"

and I'm sure you'll be good OP and update it as this comes closer, indicating whose got the hottest deal..so no harm, no foul.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The issue is the casing, just like the older 360 HDDs. It still uses a casing that is unique to the 360 S. I am sure it'll be done eventually, but I don't think enough of the cases for the HDDs are out there to warrant this.[/QUOTE]

And no one wants to void their warranty for the sake of experimentation.

[quote name='hustletron']And no one wants to void their warranty for the sake of experimentation.[/QUOTE]

It won't void the warranty on anything but the HDD unit, the console warranty would still be in tact.

So with the new "Arcade" SKU is it safe to assume that we'll be seeing another price drop on the arcades out in the wild or is $149.99 about as low as it'll go?

[quote name='MtlTom']So with the new "Arcade" SKU is it safe to assume that we'll be seeing another price drop on the arcades out in the wild or is $149.99 about as low as it'll go?[/QUOTE]

no, it probably will not price drop again.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It won't void the warranty on anything but the HDD unit, the console warranty would still be in tact.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a few videos and heard chatter on other boards of people talking about how it would void their warranty for the system as well.

[quote name='hustletron']I've seen a few videos and heard chatter on other boards of people talking about how it would void their warranty for the system as well.[/QUOTE]

How does taking apart a peripheral ruin the systems warranty? That's like if I took apart the controller that came with my system voided the systems warranty.

[quote name='Akira119']
The thing that bugged me about the 4Gb model was that (according to Kotaku) MS doesn't have any hard drives ready for them.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. If the hard drive were available right away, why would anyone buy it -- at first, anyway? It'll probably end up being around $100 at retail, which would be almost the same as buying a 250GB model. The 4GB model is aimed at the same person as the existing arcade: People who mostly want to play disc-based games and probably don't have much inclination to go online, download games or DLC, or trouble themselves with installing games to the HDD. A lot of people out there are content to play games straight-up, off the disc... the "old fashioned way". For them, the 4GB model is all they need.

I must say though, I'm disappointed to find the arcade model is matte black. I would love for my 250GB to be matte finish; the shiny surface looks bad to me and attracts dust like crazy. But MS always does crap like that. I hated that my old Premium and Elite models had that hideous chrome drive tray.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How does taking apart a peripheral ruin the systems warranty? That's like if I took apart the controller that came with my system voided the systems warranty.[/QUOTE]

Hey guy that's just what I heard. Obviously you're the expert on Microsoft warranties so excuse me, I won't speculate anymore.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How does taking apart a peripheral ruin the systems warranty? That's like if I took apart the controller that came with my system voided the systems warranty.[/QUOTE]

If the modded hard drive is detected the console can be banned from xbox live. Which I believe effectively would ruin the warranty.

[quote name='hustletron']Hey guy that's just what I heard. Obviously you're the expert on Microsoft warranties so excuse me, I won't speculate anymore.[/QUOTE]

I understand that is what you heard, but this is my first time hearing it. So I am voicing my opinion on what you heard. Perhaps you know more than what you initially said, so you can clear up my concerns with what you heard.

[quote name='ZForce915']If the modded hard drive is detected the console can be banned from xbox live. Which I believe effectively would ruin the warranty.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that makes perfect sense and stands true to the older 360 models with after market HDDs. The way I understood what he said was that just opening the HDD would ruin the 360 warranty.

So this is a arcade slim pretty much?

MM I might get one of this with the kinect bundle and just upgrade the HDD later.

[quote name='Mako1215']So this is a arcade slim pretty much?

MM I might get one of this with the kinect bundle and just upgrade the HDD later.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that upgrading the hard drive will end up being the more expensive option based on previous pricing for proprietary Microsoft hard drives.

Kinect looks seriously bad to me. I mean seriously bad. The specs from MS called for only two people to be recognized by the motion device and the computational burden for sensing is put squarely on the xbox CPU:

"Although the sensor unit was originally planned to contain a microprocessor that would perform operations such as the system's skeletal mapping, it was revealed in January 2010 that the sensor would no longer feature a dedicated processor. Instead processing would be handled by one of the processor cores of the Xbox 360's Xenon CPU.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect#cite_note-gamesindustry.biz-31 According to Alex Kipman, the Kinect system consumes about 10-15% of the Xbox 360's computing resources"

If someone sees something different, let me know--I'm open to another perspective but even if they did decent games it seems like they'd by necessity have to cut somewhere for the motion sensing.

The Arcade model is matte finish? Sounds tasty and delicious. I want it.

[quote name='bananafish900']
Kinect looks seriously bad to me. I mean seriously bad.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously man, this thread is about the sale of new hardware and not a god damn review of something you haven't even seen yet. Shut the fuck up.

Not really a deal, but not bothered by it anyway. Kinect Holiday Deal may go pretty quick unless they are planning to have a ton (since if you are going to get a Kinect and would like built-in wireless, it does save you some money). Not too bad to get it up to 20GB (4+16) with a 16GB flash drive, although the best ones are minimum $40 from what I can find (Corsair, Patriot, etc.).

$49.99 for Kinect games is pretty meh, but at least its the not insult that $59.99 would have been. There is no way these should be priced higher than Wii games. Especially Joy Ride...anyone think a game built to be a free XBLA is going to surpass Mario Kart Wii????

Unless someone has a machine that is clearly on its last legs or you are one the handful of people who think that Kinect is totally the most amazing thing evar, I'd wait a bit....I wouldn't be at all surprised if MS tried to mess with Sony's Move launch in Sept with a spate of gift card promos on their hardware right around Halo Reach release.

Hahaha! Look at the 360 totally "hang-ten" on that Kinect! :lol:

A side-by-side would have just been fine...not the 360 Slim riding the Kinect like it owes it money.

hmmm I hope gamestop will do another "trade in your old system for a new system" promo then I might just bite :)

This is the opposite of a deal. MS unless GS comes up with an unbeatable deal, this is a NO GO. I cannot believe there is no Pro Bundle, but I can guess why, price is so high it's scary.

[quote name='yarkitty123']Hahaha! Look at the 360 totally "hang-ten" on that Kinect! :lol:

A side-by-side would have just been fine...not the 360 Slim riding the Kinect like it owes it money.[/QUOTE]

The new 360 S is supposed to sit on top of the Kinect sensor bar like that. That's why it has a motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gordojones88']You are dumb. The new 360 S is supposed to sit on top of the Kinect sensor bar like that. That's why it has a motor.[/QUOTE]

I'm dumb because I find the humor in the 360 Slim riding the Kinect like it's a bucking bronco? :lol:

I said a side-by-side would have been fine, regardless of how it's actually supposed to sit, because the 360 "surfin' USA" on the Kinect is unintentional comedy gold and a side-by-side wouldn't look as ridiculous.

How are people dissapointed? When you get down to it, its really 100 dollars for the kinect with the 50 dollar game.

Its not like you would have bought kinect without a game. Cmon!

bread's done
Back