New Xbox 360 S Bundle and Kinect Pricing

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 bananafish900

bananafish900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

Kinect looks seriously bad to me. I mean seriously bad. The specs from MS called for only two people to be recognized by the motion device and the computational burden for sensing is put squarely on the xbox CPU:

"Although the sensor unit was originally planned to contain a microprocessor that would perform operations such as the system's skeletal mapping, it was revealed in January 2010 that the sensor would no longer feature a dedicated processor. Instead processing would be handled by one of the processor cores of the Xbox 360's Xenon CPU. According to Alex Kipman, the Kinect system consumes about 10-15% of the Xbox 360's computing resources"

If someone sees something different, let me know--I'm open to another perspective but even if they did decent games it seems like they'd by necessity have to cut somewhere for the motion sensing.

#32 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

The Arcade model is matte finish? Sounds tasty and delicious. I want it.

Kinect looks seriously bad to me. I mean seriously bad.

Seriously man, this thread is about the sale of new hardware and not a god damn review of something you haven't even seen yet. Shut the Fuck up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#33 bigwightdog

bigwightdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

Not really a deal, but not bothered by it anyway. Kinect Holiday Deal may go pretty quick unless they are planning to have a ton (since if you are going to get a Kinect and would like built-in wireless, it does save you some money). Not too bad to get it up to 20GB (4+16) with a 16GB flash drive, although the best ones are minimum $40 from what I can find (Corsair, Patriot, etc.).

$49.99 for Kinect games is pretty meh, but at least its the not insult that $59.99 would have been. There is no way these should be priced higher than Wii games. Especially Joy Ride...anyone think a game built to be a free XBLA is going to surpass Mario Kart Wii????

#34 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

haters gonna hate

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#35 cheezmaster

cheezmaster

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

I want a 360 S 250GB console with kinect, but looks like I have to wait. Am I alone on this?
Posted Image

#36 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

amazon now has a few things listed

added to op

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#37 nnickers

nnickers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

Why does this thread exist? Microsoft's own SKU will not be rare.

#38 dallow

dallow

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

lol at Kinect.

But that new S 360 looks waaaaaaaaaaay better than the "elite" one.
Matte finish for the win.

#39 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

The 4GB arcade is available for pre-order at Amazon now also. No tax plus I have $10 in game credit at Amazon but I still dont know if I'm going to bite.

#40 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:37 PM

Unless someone has a machine that is clearly on its last legs or you are one the handful of people who think that Kinect is totally the most amazing thing evar, I'd wait a bit....I wouldn't be at all surprised if MS tried to mess with Sony's Move launch in Sept with a spate of gift card promos on their hardware right around Halo Reach release.

#41 Joartrak

Joartrak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

hmmm I hope gamestop will do another "trade in your old system for a new system" promo then I might just bite :)

#42 TheDeathDealer

TheDeathDealer

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

hmmm I hope gamestop will do another "trade in your old system for a new system" promo then I might just bite :)

You think they will?

#43 Joartrak

Joartrak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Thinking like that leads to disappointment, Hope is more of the word :D

#44 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

This is the opposite of a deal. MS unless GS comes up with an unbeatable deal, this is a NO GO. I cannot believe there is no Pro Bundle, but I can guess why, price is so high it's scary.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#45 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

4GBs? You can buy fake iPods with more storage. In turn, Microsoft will charge an exorbitant amount of money for a minimal size HDD.

#46 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

How are people dissapointed? When you get down to it, its really 100 dollars for the kinect with the 50 dollar game.

Its not like you would have bought kinect without a game. Cmon!

#47 dallow

dallow

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

I wouldn't have bought that game.

#48 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

I'm not buying into Move or Kinect. I'm saving my money for the next generation of consoles that will probably arrive in 2012. What's the point in buying hardware that will only be supported for 2 years (and that's if you're lucky!)? It would be like buying the original Xbox at launch but instead of having a 4 year life cycle, it would have a 2 year life. I would have to start visiting Dumb Ass Gamer if I bought into these new motion controls. In 2012 all the consoles will have motion controls so don't buy into the "beta".

#49 CXK

CXK

KillerInstinctOnline.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:53 AM

I'm thinking Kinect is going to sell very well, far better than Move. I've been predicting this before either were priced, i'm still sticking to it even after the price reveal.

#50 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:49 AM

I want a 360 S 250GB console with kinect, but looks like I have to wait. Am I alone on this?

nope... i was waiting for the same thing

i'm pretty surprised at a lack of an elite+kinect bundle... seems like it would be an obvious bundle for people like me who are ps3/wii owners who have finally decided to get a 360, but not an arcade sku

#51 Remeard

Remeard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:02 AM

Whoa, so they killed the 3 year warranty on this model?

#52 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

Whoa, so they killed the 3 year warranty on this model?

The 3-year warranty on the old system only covered the RROD and E79 errors. Anything else that was a failure, power supply, HDD, DVD drive, controller, etc, that was only covered under the 1-year warranty.

The new system removes the 3-year extension for E79 and RROD, the rest of it is the same as it was previously.

MS happily sells a 2-year warranty extension on the system for $60 + tax. As do retailers and their sales of the unit.

#53 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

If Kinect is more responsive than Wii then I think it would be pretty good, I don't play Wii but I bought one for my 8 year old sister and she enjoys it but she plays games like Indiana Jones and Cooking Mama so you get the gist.

I also have an arcade 360 that's about 2 to 3 years old and I'm noticing some frame rate drops in games so I'm concerned it may be the console itself.

But the 4GB disk is completely retarded, I have SD cards and thumb drives bigger than that.

#54 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:35 AM

I guess there whole use a 16gb flash drive is coming in handy since those can be gotten cheap. I'm going to wait till stores or the christmas holiday get the 250gb slim with kinect.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#55 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:48 AM

This would be the model to get if they would just make the hdd non-proprietary.

#56 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be a elite bundle as well?

#57 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

I have the new 250 GB slim and an arcade unit to another TV, it has become a pain for me to use the older 360 because I was so used to just popping the hard drive off and moving it upstairs for rock band lips ect parties.

as long as I can just pop the 250 GB drive out and put it in this new one I might actually think of trading in my fairly new arcade unit and doing this. I would figure I could get a little money for it at gamestop and a 60 GB hard drive.
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#58 cwhistler

cwhistler

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

My kids really want Kinect so I guess I'll use that as my excuse to get one. Hopefully Gamestop does another trade-in deal (not likely) so I can trade in my old arcade and extra 20 Gig hard drive for the slim arcade bundle.

After thinking about it a while, the arcade seems like a great choice since I can get 16Gig USB memory for about $25. My Modern Warfare Xbox has the 250 Gig hard drive so I use that for my hard core gaming anyway.
Posted Image

#59 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

I'm not buying into Move or Kinect. I'm saving my money for the next generation of consoles that will probably arrive in 2012. What's the point in buying hardware that will only be supported for 2 years (and that's if you're lucky!)? It would be like buying the original Xbox at launch but instead of having a 4 year life cycle, it would have a 2 year life. I would have to start visiting Dumb Ass Gamer if I bought into these new motion controls. In 2012 all the consoles will have motion controls so don't buy into the "beta".

I can't just let this fly. 2012? What are basing this on? The standard response has been that this generation of consoles will have a ten year life cycle, bringing a new xbox closer to 2015. If you think they can drop a new console on us in 2 years you're nuts.
Posted Image

#60 yorksj

yorksj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Very smart move on Microsoft's part. As much as I hate to say it, I can see myself buying the 4gb unit without kinect for that price. It is reassuring for me to pay that much for a 360 that will remain reliable.
Posted Image