Photo
- - - - -

After Burner Climax only $4.99 on PSN Network!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

Unsure for $10, totally purchased for $5.

#32 QuietMimePsycho

QuietMimePsycho

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

bought it for 10 no regrets. if ever credit I used was 25 cents I easily recouped my 10 dollars.

basically, if "Afterburner Climax" means a damn to you, then you'll like it. if it doesn't, then don't buy it. it's very niche, and if you're not interested it's not the kind of think you'll enjoy at basically any price.

#33 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:18 AM

I was so looking forward to this, but I passed on XBLA even when it went to $5. It's because I remembered sitting in the arcade cabinet holding onto the throttle joystick as it violently shook and rumbled in my hands, the seat swaying back and forth, and the whole cabinet reeling back and forth.

Ooh, I found a video.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#34 Dakinggamer

Dakinggamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

Thanks OP!!:)
My Game Collection
Dakinggamer's Paradise
Want: Wii u, PS4, Xbox 720

#35 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

I was so looking forward to this, but I passed on XBLA even when it went to $5. It's because I remembered sitting in the arcade cabinet holding onto the throttle joystick as it violently shook and rumbled in my hands, the seat swaying back and forth, and the whole cabinet reeling back and forth.

That game had nothing on R360 (G-Loc). Rolling around and around... :whee:

#36 LurkerLito

LurkerLito

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

I liked Afterburner in the arcade when I was younger, but I think it was mainly because of the machine + moving cockpit that did it. The game play is pretty shallow and repetitive but I spent a few quarters on it once upon a time. I might get it, I am on the fence though because a big part of the experience was the machine you sat in that moved with your actions.

#37 BanditThief

BanditThief

King Of Thieves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

PSN people are picky the Xbox live people like this game a lot more and didn't whine about $5 off.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=264333

#38 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

PSN people are picky the Xbox live people like this game a lot more and didn't whine about $5 off.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=264333

You mean, XBL people will pay and play whatever shit MS puts onto the marketplace? Yup, I agree.

Granted, that's not really 360 specific. Just had to crap all over your "XBL is proper" argument. Kthx.

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#39 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

I picked this up at regular price for nostalgia's sake and played it for about 15 minutes. For $5, don't expect hours and hours of entertainment, but the graphics are good.

#40 BanditThief

BanditThief

King Of Thieves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Its good game stop the hating. Spoiled Generation of Gamers.

#41 whisky pete

whisky pete

bulletproof chest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

afterburner: climax - the name says it all. piloting a boner into a giant browneye. your crosshairs are crossed hairs.
"There is always a stormtrooper, Chewbacca and a sandwich....... Always."

#42 Blockhead Brown

Blockhead Brown

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

The responses in this thread... makes me hate today's gamers. You kids wouldn't know quality if it bit your balls off.

It's a great game, yes it's short. Think of it like a round of that online FPS or MMO you play over and over for hours.

I have it on 360 and will likely buy it again on PS3.