• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

Afrika

#2 Lord Humongous

Lord Humongous

NOI JITAT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

In my top 10 of favorite games of all time. Educational and fun as hell. Great for kids too! Nice find OP!

#3 breakin2

breakin2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

It's also that price on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...79897918&sr=8-1

#4 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

It's also that price on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...79897918&sr=8-1

Via Buy.com on Amazon, with free shipping.

Amazon's direct price is $44.01 with free shipping.

#5 bigwightdog

bigwightdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

I saw Gamestop has it for this price, but is sold out online...Nuts I wanted to use one of my coupons!

Oh, well, thanks OP...this is a nice deal on a game I had not previously heard of. Should be a good one to play with the kids though and I wonder how big the production run was. Doesn't seem like something I've seen in many stores.

#6 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

thanks OP! bought one

#7 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

saw this on the shelf used at GS not too long ago. Is it really great for kids? pretty simple controls? I got that Safari Adventure and I can't even tell WTF is going on in that, lol! this one may be fun as long as its simple
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#8 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Africa ?

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#9 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

I am SLIGHTLY interested in this game. I wouldn't buy it for more than $15 though...

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: NES Remix
:3ds: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#10 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Jesus, this game is horrible. The install size on your ps3 is massive.

I thought the premise for this game would own, being a fan of Picture taking games. Damn was i wrong, the graphics are ps2 styled, and the loading times are horrible. Controls like garbage and ghhhh i dont even wanna talk about it anymore, i recommend this for no more then 10 bucks. maybe 15
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#11 Magic_Knight

Magic_Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

Ordered a copy. Been waiting for a discount off the $50 price. Always wanted to play it. Heard it sucks, heard it's cool beans, guess now I'll find out for myself.

#12 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

I thought the premise for this game would own, being a fan of Picture taking games. Damn was i wrong, the graphics are ps2 styled, and the loading times are horrible. Controls like garbage and ghhhh i dont even wanna talk about it anymore, i recommend this for no more then 10 bucks. maybe 15

PS2 styled graphics? Are you sure you were playing the same game I did? I found the game to be quite beautiful, albeit quite a bit boring as well.:cry:

It needed voiceovers for the guide(s) and photographers, but that's mainly a personal preference.

I started doing weird accents for the guides and talking in a snooty English accent for the photogs out of boredom of having to read what they were saying after about 20 minutes.:roll:

Here's some gameplay footage(from YouTube) for those on the fence:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#13 Guest_eastshore4_*

Guest_eastshore4_*

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

I bless the rains down in Africa.

...still not quite in the price range I'm looking for since I'm very on the fence about it.

#14 tylerdurden689

tylerdurden689

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

I gotta say I'm kinda interested in this game...something completely different than what I usually play.

#15 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Just want to add one to the side saying this game is awesome. The graphics are a mixed bag. The animals look amazing, but the foliage is 2-dimensional and low res up close. I don't have a problem with the controls. You're not doing that much controlling anyway. Just drive/walk to point A to point B, sneak around, take out your camera, and take pictures. This game is also very long. I've put 20 hours into it and haven't finished. Put it down because I wasn't too fond of the night missions. Definitely worth a play, and it seems like it would be good support for devs to try different things.

And the game is incredibly slow paced. Don't expect any run and gun type gameplay. The pacing may put a lot of people off, but it's taking pictures of wildlife. What do you want from it?
Posted Image

#16 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

Picture taking games? Like what, Beyond Good & Evil?

I'm not nearly as harsh and am on my way to getting a platinum in this and while I think the game is fantastic in some ways there are some huge caveats.

1. As far as production values, everything is trash but the animals and the music. The music is a sweeping, fully orchestrated soundtrack like something out of a National Geographic special and the animals have more animation and detail than that of RDR or another recent game with wildlife. The landscape, character models, menus, etc.

2. The game has a budget design. You slowly do many things over the course of the game but essentially spend lots of time driving to get the proper locations. The picture taking is somewhat self defeating because as you get better camera you realize the animals look to different in quality to the extremely poor backgrounds. The initial load is terrible and you missions are often confusing and unintuitive. If you use a guide you'll have 100% more fun.

3. The game is educational and beautiful but slow for the same reason, there's no conflict so it is ultimately a casual game. The slowness alone may turn people off.

#17 tridon

tridon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

To be honest, I thought this game looked only decent when I first saw pictures/videos of it, but it blew me away by how fun and addicting it was.

It has good graphics and great music, interesting missions and, like I said, it's fun as hell. There's some pretty suspensful missions in it, as well. One that comes to mind is a mission where you have to seclude yourself by a waterfall and take photos of highly territorial elephants (while you're near the waterfall, look for a bottle in the water for a trophy, too). The last mission of the game is absolutely AWESOME.

This is one of the few games that I've actually platinumed on my PS3 and I'd easily play through it again. Oh, and it took me almost 34 hours to complete, just to give you an idea of game length. If you need help at all, www.ps3trophies.com has a great walkthrough. Definitely helped me out at times (especially during the night missions).

#18 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

#19 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

I like to hold my Dualshock3 while watching animal planet soooo, that's close enough.

#20 droider

droider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

I like to hold my Dualshock3 while watching animal planet soooo, that's close enough.

I lol'd :lol:

But then, @ 30 bucks, it's a good deal, I'll get one for sure.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

I am in for one. Heard nothing, but good things about this game and I cannot find it anywhere.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#22 io

io

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:40 AM

Yeah, I bit on this via Amazon since I have credit there. Since it is really from buy.com, though, my $10 gaming credit (from some previous purchase I don't even remember) didn't apply, but oh well. I was waiting for it to be available at GS ($24.99 used) but there are no used copies with 100 miles of me. There are a few new ones (also $29.99) but they are sure to be gutted. Plus this way I don't have to hunt it down ;).

I have a feeling this will only continue to get harder to find so this may be the minimum it will ever be available for.