Photo
- - - - -

(Dead) Big Fish Games Weekend sale - Dozens of $2.99 games!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

Big Fish Games is celebrating 1 Billion Game Downloads by offering all of their Felix's Favorites for $2.99 this Saturday, Sunday and Monday. That's $4.00 off regular price.

Felix's Favorites features all of Big Fish Games in-house games, including the Mystery Case Files games,Hidden Expedition games, the Azadas, Drawn: the Painted Tower, Fairway Solitaire and many more.

To get the $2.99 price, use coupon code: ONEBILLION

To see all the games that will be in the sale:

Felix's Favorites for PC

Felix's Favorites for MAC

Edited by Otty Ott, 03 August 2010 - 02:25 PM.

#2 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

Just curious, but do you work for Big Fish? You are usually the only person to update the Big Fish thread.

http://www.cheapassg...ht=fish&page=57

#3 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

No, I don't work for Big Fish. I just like casual games. I used to do the Reflexive Arcade thread, too, before they shut that store down last month.

#4 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

Here are some of the great made in-house by Big Fish Games that are included in the sale:

Mystery Case Files: Return To Ravenhearst

Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate

Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst

Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspects

Mystery Case Files: Huntsville

Big Fish also does the Hidden Expedition series. The ones in the sale are:

Hidden Expedition: Amazon

Hidden Expedition: Everest

They also developed these as well:

Mystery In London

Drawn The Painted Tower

Rome: Curse Of The Necklace

Travelogue 360: Paris

They have done a few games in other genres, too. These are very fun:

Unwell Mel

Fairway Solitaire

Be Richer

My Tribe

#5 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

Other top games included in the sale are:

Echoes Of the Past: Royal House Of Stone

Dark Tales: Edgar Allen Poe Murder At The Rue Morgue

Doors Of The Mind: Inner Mysteries

Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect

Haunted Manor: Lord Of Mirrors

Life Quest

Nightfall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera

Treasure Seekers: Follow The Ghosts

PuppetShow: Mystery Of Joyville

#6 vherub

vherub

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

is the code single use?

#7 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

No, you can use the coupon code as much as you want over the next three days.

#8 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

Didn't you make this topic already? I seem to recall posting in it even. Why didn't you just bump that topic?

#9 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

Sorry, I deleted that old one. Got mixed signals about whether they were going ahead with things or not.

Turns out they went ahead with the sale, though they changed what games were on sale, etc. So I started a new thread. It seems they took all the newest releases out of Felix's Favorites for this sale. Bye-bye Dire Grove, Golden Trails, Hidden Expedition: Devil's Triangle etc. There are still a lot of good games on sale, however.

#10 Chikara

Chikara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Do games we buy on this sale count towards our monthly punch cards? If so, I might actually fill mine up this month!

#11 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

So are most of these games Adventure based? :D
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#12 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

Yes, these will count towards your punch card!

Most of the games mentioned so far are Hidden object games or Adventure games. There are non-adventure games in the sale, too. There are match 3 games (Unwell Med, Hidden Wonders Of the Depths 2, Trial Of the Gods 1&2, Fairies), time management games (Be Richer, Ye Old Sandwich Shoppe, Mystic Inn etc.), puzzle games (Professor Fizzwizzle series, Amazing Brain Train, Azada series), solitaire (Fairway Solitaire), and action games (Fizzball, Atlantis Sky Patrol).

#13 blahtastic

blahtastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

Just curious, but do you work for Big Fish? You are usually the only person to update the Big Fish thread.

I agree with him. You really DO seem like an employee. Nothing wrong with that, really...just look at Kmart, they actually are well-liked for having their employee be an active member of the community.

#14 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

Wow, I'm not used to cags being curdious with one another, usually this would have been taken as an accusation and it would have quickly spiraled into a great big ball of fecal matter. :bouncy:

#15 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

If I was an employee of Big Fish, why would I run the Reflexive thread for months? Why would I post negative reviews to games and tell people not to buy them?

I am a member of the Big Fish game club, so I get the daily deal codes every morning because of that. So I started the daily deal thread so you guys didn't have to join the club and pay $6.99 a month to get the codes yourself...and for me being the only one to post updates...I agreed right from the beginning to update that thread every morning and I do. I don't think I have ever missed a day in a year. A lot more people used to post on that thread in the early days, but it has slowed down. But there are still a lot of people that enjoy getting those codes, even though they don't post about it all the time.

#16 Pissa

Pissa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:06 AM

Cool! I love these sales! thansk Otty!

#17 SaucyWenchette

SaucyWenchette

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

Picked up the opera one and Lord Of Mirrors. Thanks!

#18 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

They all seem like the same hidden object type games I already got a bunch of from them.
The art is cool and everything but they all kinda seem the same after awhile. I wish there was a bit more variety.

#19 gumbyboots

gumbyboots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

They all seem like the same hidden object type games I already got a bunch of from them.
The art is cool and everything but they all kinda seem the same after awhile. I wish there was a bit more variety.

Try Drawn the Painted Tower, no hidden objects, just adventure and puzzles with beautiful artwork. Azada has no hidden objects, just puzzles. It is one of my favorites. Fairway Solitaire is another good one. Also, the newer games are including a lot more adventure with some hidden object screens. Dire Grove is one of the best. A super Match3 is 4 Elements. I don't usually play those but I loved this one.

Otty, thanks so much for posting these deals.

#20 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

too bad LIFE QUEST has no replay vaule

be richer is another game but its a poor mans build a lot clone
WOOOO I STINK

#21 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

Unwell Mel and the Professor Fizzwizzle games are great. And definitely not hidden object games. Unwell Mel is one of the most fun match 3 games I have played. It is by the same team that did Fairway Solitaire. It's theme is kind of like the old Operation game. The Professor Fizzwizzle games are great puzzle mind-benders with different difficulty levels.

Also, Atlantic Sky Patrol is similar to Zuma but with RPG-like skill building etc. It's my favorite game in that genre.

#22 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

You can still get these deals today. Usually their sales run Friday-Sunday, but this one is Saturday-Monday. There are also a couple of interesting games in the daily and weekly deals on the other Big Fish thread today.

#23 Scarlet Elf Cup

Scarlet Elf Cup

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

If I was an employee of Big Fish, why would I run the Reflexive thread for months? Why would I post negative reviews to games and tell people not to buy them?

I am a member of the Big Fish game club, so I get the daily deal codes every morning because of that. So I started the daily deal thread so you guys didn't have to join the club and pay $6.99 a month to get the codes yourself...and for me being the only one to post updates...I agreed right from the beginning to update that thread every morning and I do. I don't think I have ever missed a day in a year. A lot more people used to post on that thread in the early days, but it has slowed down. But there are still a lot of people that enjoy getting those codes, even though they don't post about it all the time.

I'm one of the appreciative lurkers who reads the BFG DD thread often. I used to check the Reflexive one too and have forwarded both links. Anyone who actually has read when you comment on the games (or the company itself on occasion) knows you can't be their employee. You're too honest! 8-) I don't think BFG would like the links to Gamzebo reviews either (but I do, lol).

I should have mentioned sooner, but thanks for all your posts!

#24 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:49 PM

I just checked the Big Fish site and they have already removed all traces of the sale. However, I tested the coupon code and it still works. Should work until midnight Pacific time tonight.

Thanks, Scarlet Elf Cup! Glad you like the threads. Gamezebo does a pretty good job of covering the casual games market. I don't always agree with their reviews, but they do have forums and player reviews, so you can get different opinions there. The Casual games segment reminds me a lot of the Wii and iPhone game markets. Some great games and a lot of not so great games. One nice thing about this particular sale is most of the games included are some of the better games out there. I can't say as much for their Daily Deals. Some are great, some are old and bad. The Catch Of The Week program, however, is mainly good, and sometimes great, games. It is still hard for me to believe that even the terrible casual games went for $20 each not that long ago....

#25 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:24 AM

Picked up nine games I've been waiting for sales on (properly linked, of course ;)).

Thanks Otty Ott!

#26 Tiggerlilly

Tiggerlilly

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Code is still working on those titles which were in sales listing yesterday. I tried it just minutes ago.

#27 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

Wow, they really dropped the ball on this one. The coupon code is still working this morning, too!

They have added back in a lot of the current releases, so it probably won't work on those, but it should work on the ones mentioned in this thread so far. No telling when the coupon will expire. Could be any time....

#28 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

i have heard a rumor where bigfishgames is going into 2 price cycles

New game 6.99
stuff that dont sell or older stuff 2.99

that might be why the coupon still works
WOOOO I STINK

#29 Otty Ott

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

As of this morning, the coupon code still works. This is turning into a weeklong sale, whether they intended to or not.

Slidecage, interesting rumor. Be interesting to see if they really do it!

#30 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Thanks Otty Ott you're the man.

I got the one about dreams, and ironically I've been losing alot of sleep beacuse it's so addictive!

The setup is corny but the games are quite fun.