[DEAD] goHastings.com B2G1 for $1 used games 7/25 - 7/31

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#151 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

dude, there are plenty of good female gamers. The site is being overrun by flippers who like to piss other people off. it doesn't matter what gender they are.

Good female gamers make me forget about gaming. :oops:

#152 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Back on topic --- i just got my Red Steel 2 in the mail from GH. GH is so good that I'm spoiled. This one smells a little like smoke and the case was a little beat so I'm disappointed. But then I realized if I got this exact same game from GS.com, I'd think "pretty decent shape for gamestop!"

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#153 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Back on topic --- i just got my Red Steel 2 in the mail from GH. GH is so good that I'm spoiled. This one smells a little like smoke and the case was a little beat so I'm disappointed. But then I realized if I got this exact same game from GS.com, I'd think "pretty decent shape for gamestop!"

So does this mean we can expect games to be complete? With few scratches and playable?

#154 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

obviously YMMV but every single used game i've gotten from GH has been complete and in good+ condition.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#155 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

Have people had good experiences ordering titles from older platforms?

#156 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

Have people had good experiences ordering titles from older platforms?

I ordered PS2 games about 6 months ago and they all came complete except one. Most were in good condition, again except for one that didnt work. I called CS and they told me to keep the game and they refunded my money on that game. I was surprised as hell. But the game doesnt work, so no gain except a free manual and case.

#157 wjda_krow2

wjda_krow2

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

worried about what condition the cases come in.. If the game plays perfectly then why would it matter what the case or manual look like. Even if the manual was missing, its not like you need them for games anymore, and if that was such a problem, you can look anything like that up on the internet.

#158 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

worried about what condition the cases come in.. If the game plays perfectly then why would it matter what the case or manual look like. Even if the manual was missing, its not like you need them for games anymore, and if that was such a problem, you can look anything like that up on the internet.

are you serious?

Ees7Y.jpg

#159 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

dude, there are plenty of good female gamers. The site is being overrun by flippers who like to piss other people off. it doesn't matter what gender they are. I've been on this soapbox for months! They are the most annoying group on CAG.

They crow about all their flipping (basically giving you the finger for not getting in on a deal fast enough) and then act like you're the asshole when you tell them to keep that shit to themselves.

They migrated from SD/FW. Funny I joined all 3 at the same time. :bouncy:

Edited by rp71284, 28 July 2010 - 10:37 PM.

#160 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

You guys are seriously blaming flipping on the women CAGs? That must be a joke, it seems to me like flipping is an equal opportunity "employer."

#161 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

Just ordered star ocean last hope(xbox360),wolverine origins(xbox360), and silent hill homecoming(xbox360) for 30 bucks from gohastings not bad considering I would pay 30 for star ocean.

#162 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:53 AM

Wow, got ff13, gow3 and ME2 in the mail today. They look new, except for ME2 missing the cerberus code, but I wouldn't have gotten a used copy if I didn't already have one from before I sold my ME2. I take back ever doubting them. Although we'll see when my next order comes, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean, and Folklore. Three much older games so I hope they are in good condition too.

I hope that the games the flippers get aren't complete so their flip ratio goes down.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#163 DynamiteShikoku

DynamiteShikoku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

Just bought Resistance 2, MK vs DC, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

You have to be an idiot to pass up on this hastings sale. Especially us backlog $$$s.

#164 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

Got my first flip today from GoHastings, bought for $10 and can dish for $20 cash. Even if they aren't complete it doesn't impact my trading. From my experience of 30 games or so they have all been complete anyway in the past.

If there weren't so many flippers that bad mouthed flippers I might take some of the discussion more seriously. Everyone's glass house is shattered from the rapid fire rock assault. Even more funny is dragging gender into it. There are one of a few different reasons I think people don't flip. 1) Ignorance to the opportunity or ability to take the opportunity, 2) Not enough time -- but I don't buy this argument unless you are in a $100K household and the flipping money is insignificant. 3) Misunderstood moral high ground thinking that the free market in which they participate in is also the enemy if they choose to blame it. Finally, 4) It's like masturbation, everybody does it but nobody admits it. I can understand reason #1 and #2 to varying degrees but if there is easy money to be made then I'm willing to use that profit to support other activities like my gaming and leisure.

#165 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

Even if everyone does do X, sometimes it's best not to discuss X. That's what you fail to understand. Do you also discuss masturbation at thanksgiving dinner? Maybe you should look up the word tact.

Talking about flipping ## copies just pisses other people off on CAG. Why would you want to piss other people off unless you're a dick? Wanna flip? Good for you. Just STFU about it.

Ees7Y.jpg

#166 DynamiteShikoku

DynamiteShikoku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

i don't know why people would complain about flippers. Hell, i do it with Transformers. There is a market; be it collectibles, custom, official etc. Someone, someplace, somewhere, someone will buy x for y and sometimes x for z. This is economy, we lose or gain, debit or credit. For someone to actually complain about someone making a financial gain? Well that's just silly, they are basically emoting jealousy.

#167 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

The point isn't that people hate capitalism or the reseller market.

The point is that unless it's some shitty game like Tony Hawk Ride, every awesome deal has a finite number of units in stock.

When someone who has no interest in the game says "oooh i picked up a few copies to flip" , all that does is take away stock from people who actually want to get the deal on the game so they can actually play it.

Yes, early bird gets the deal. We all get it. But there's no need to taunt others just because you were there first. It's called not being a douche.

Ees7Y.jpg

#168 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

i don't know why people would complain about flippers. Hell, i do it with Transformers. There is a market; be it collectibles, custom, official etc. Someone, someplace, somewhere, someone will buy x for y and sometimes x for z. This is economy, we lose or gain, debit or credit. For someone to actually complain about someone making a financial gain? Well that's just silly, they are basically emoting jealousy.

The thing is, if we were jealous then why dont we just flip some games too? Its obviously an easy way to earn a supplemental income right?

Anyone can just buy 2 copies of GOW3, and another game like L4D2 and get $69 at gazelle for $60. Those are just 2 I picked since their in stock. probably better flips out there.
What pisses me off is that flippers see this small gain, or a gain like 68-->89, as someone else bragged about planning to do, as a thing that is a great benefit to themselves.

thats $21, for searching to find the flip, charging their credit card, then to wait for shipping and if the games aren't in good condition the flip might be even less, then send those games to gazelle or their buyer of choice. Meanwhile possibly 1-3 other people dont get the game(s) they wanted. If the profit was more like $20-->$80 then a lot more people would do it and a lot more people wouldn't bitch about it. But its not worth it to most people to flip, otherwise they'd flip too.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#169 pcolapsycho

pcolapsycho

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:02 AM

You all take it outside.

#170 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

You all take it outside.

they started it...

#171 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:09 AM

You all take it outside.

Noob trying to own yoos! lol

#172 mattrobertsjr

mattrobertsjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:53 AM

does psp games come complete?

#173 Deidara

Deidara

Art is an Explosion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:01 AM

There's really no guarantee that your game will come complete or not, but from my experience with Go Hastings I've ordered about 12 games from them and all have come complete. But a few CAG's haven't had as much luck.

#174 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:18 AM

I'm curious if the games that people have said were not complete were either last gen or older current gen games. I've only ordered recent 360/PS3 games and all have been mint. But I just ordered a few older 360 games. Anyone get a recent gen game in bad condition?

#175 jpm804

jpm804

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:52 AM

I ordered a couple before and they were complete... but YMMV

I'm curious if the games that people have said were not complete were either last gen or older current gen games. I've only ordered recent 360/PS3 games and all have been mint. But I just ordered a few older 360 games. Anyone get a recent gen game in bad condition?

Might be hit or misss...I've gotten mostly everything one time I didnt get a manual it was a newer game GOWIII and older games i've gotten have come complete (ps3 and xbox).. unfortunately I dont think there is steadfast rule to gohastings.

#176 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

I ordered about 20 PSP games last year and all of them came complete, except one was missing a manual and another had a scanned copy of the front cover instead of the original.

All-in-all, sight unseen, not bad.

#177 caedeskhan

caedeskhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

Have people had good luck getting the accessory when they buy the "bundle" version of games? I'm eyeing SOCOM Confrontation with the bluetooth headset.

#178 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

Thinking about:
Transformers WFC
Alan Wake
DJ Hero bundle

$79 after shipping. Worried about quality of the DJ Hero turntable. I have a couple of GH guitars that crapped out on me and I don't want to have to deal with a return if its broken already.

hm...
Posted Image

#179 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Have people had good luck getting the accessory when they buy the "bundle" version of games? I'm eyeing SOCOM Confrontation with the bluetooth headset.

I was wondering the same for that 360 "In the Movies" bundle, if it has the camera.

Some of these games prices are fairly good without even the sale. The sale here just sweetens the pot. Look at "Infinite Undiscovery". Under $10 before shipping. Even after shipping it's a pretty good price compared to what "Infinite Undiscovery" is going for used.
There are a couple of games I'm looking at that are arguably great prices used. I mean "Bionic Commando" is $2.50. Is the game really that bad that even a little bit more then $5 would be a terrible price for it?
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#180 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

just got three games of the 9 i ordered
heavy rain
alan wake
borderlands add on
all complete and in great shape
[url=ign.com]