Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strife4Life']I can't get the overnight one to work.[/QUOTE]

What was your total?

if its over $50 try freeship

PS2010 - Free ground shipping on select titles. Expires 8/8/2010. This works for the Power Saver titles...even if you are just ordering one (I think).

[quote name='d4rk']What was your total?

if its over $50 try freeship[/QUOTE]
I tried using SHIP725 (i.e. today's date) and I got an edge discount lol.

The item is 19.99.

[quote name='d4rk']I wonder why we don't make a list and add to it? Im adding those codes.[/QUOTE]

I think CheapyD Doesn't like lists of coupon codes, he want's individual threads. i could be wrong though

Thanks guys, I was always hoping someone would eventually create a thread with the various GS codes.

[quote name='Strife4Life']Looks like you can't use the freeship with 25USED.[/QUOTE]

I've been able to no problem, so unless something has changed in the system you should be able to get it to work.

Nope, 25USED and freeship don't work together.

The coupon entered may not be used in conjunction with others currently being applied. You may continue checkout without this discount or remove an existing discount and try again.

hmm 10OFFPC doesnt work.

clear.gif
Coupon 10OFFPC - 10% off purchase of any in stock PC games totaling $49.99 or more. May not be combined with any other offers. Offer expires 12/24/08 11:59 PM.

[quote name='Strife4Life']Nope, 25USED and freeship don't work together.

The coupon entered may not be used in conjunction with others currently being applied. You may continue checkout without this discount or remove an existing discount and try again.[/QUOTE]

my bad, I read 'freeship' as meaning the free shipping code, or SAVER (without actually saying SAVER).

SAVER seems to stack with everything, other stuff maybe less so.

I've been hoping for a list like this for a long time - one that stays updated, hopefully. I know they always have codes out now, but I never know which ones are current. Of course, the issue is that so many of the codes they use are flaky, so this might just turn into a thread of "this doesn't work, yes it does, no it doesn't..."

Is there a way to post which codes will combine with others?
Like ship720 (free s&h) might combine with Gutted (GS opens the game for you)?

Serious suggestion, laced with snark.

Oh, and the OP says these stack with the SAVER code. Well, OP forgot to say what the SAVER code does. :p

[quote name='its delicious']Is there a way to post which codes will combine with others?
Like ship720 (free s&h) might combine with Gutted (GS opens the game for you)?

Serious suggestion, laced with snark.

Oh, and the OP says these stack with the SAVER code. Well, OP forgot to say what the SAVER code does. :p[/QUOTE]

seriously? SAVER = free ground shipping on orders $25+ next you'll ask what CAG16 does. :p

[quote name='imacjenn']seriously? SAVER = free ground shipping on orders $25+ next you'll ask what CAG16 does. :p[/QUOTE]

Actually SAVER is free value shipping, not ground. Though generally value tends to be so fast I feel stupid for all those times I paid like $6 for ground shipping.

The past 4 orders that I have placed using SAVER have all been shipped ups ground. If it werent for the one I got before those I would wonder if they even used slow old usps anymore.

Now they've got SIXFIVE: $10 off an order of $65 or more. Completely useless as it doesn't stack with anything I tried. And you might as well spend an extra $15 to get the extra $10 from the 20FROM80 code. :/

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Anyone else having trouble getting 20from80 to work?[/QUOTE]

Excludes consoles, bundles and special editions

FREESHIP

**Coupon FREESHIP - Free overnight shipping on your order. Total order value must be over $50. Not applicable on systems.**

I got one.

[quote name='imacjenn']seriously? SAVER = free ground shipping on orders $25+ next you'll ask what CAG16 does. :p[/QUOTE]
Actually, I didn't ask in the first place. I just pointed out it wasn't on the list. :dunce:

Picked up Borderlands (used) for $24. Less than $40 for the game and all three DLC this week is pretty sweet.

bread's done
Back