Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) - $20.65 on Amazon

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:06 PM

LOL. I thought, wow, good luck with that offer in this thread - but Barnum was right.

Well, D-bag, you have to pay shipping and tax on those on amazon and that's when they are in stock. I was just offering to sell my extra that I bought for 30.99 or so if someone wanted it. Same price and you don't have to drive around to find it. So jump back under
your rock and shove your head back up your ass if ya didn't like it ;)

#32 sabin23

sabin23

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

bought it... couldn't resist.

still haven't played Odin Sphere... this is supposed to the spiritual sucessor to this game.

#33 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:46 PM

Thanks OP, picked one up from Amazon

#34 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:09 PM

Picked it up for $20.65 with free shipping. Seems damn interesting!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#35 barbarbar

barbarbar

BROKE ASS GAMER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:36 AM

Well, D-bag, you have to pay shipping and tax on those on amazon and that's when they are in stock. I was just offering to sell my extra that I bought for 30.99 or so if someone wanted it. Same price and you don't have to drive around to find it. So jump back under

Most people don't even have tax when it comes to Amazon.
And I'm pretty sure most people got Prime via the student program or trials.

Picked this up Meijer.com a while back for <$20 after shipping. Still haven't opened it though, waiting to get a Classic Controller.

#36 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

Two posts above yours, I listed two places where people could get this for about $18 with tax and shipping. It seems you have difficulty with the concept that $18 is $7 less than $25, but most people get it. What you paid for it is irrelevant to a buyer, sorry to say.

Still, it's a free market and if someone wants to pay $25 to do business with such a charming individual, so be it. Perhaps they'll consider the extra $7 a charity donation towards some anger management sessions.

#37 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

Just as a note, the edition I got from FYE (which some say is the same as Wherehouse) is the Canadian edition. If that matters to some, go with Amazon.

#38 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:21 AM

River Road is selling it for $18 with $4 shipping and I went it for it since it didn't have any tax (kinda rare for me in CA). I'm good with $22.

#39 Mossygirl

Mossygirl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

Just as a note, the edition I got from FYE (which some say is the same as Wherehouse) is the Canadian edition. If that matters to some, go with Amazon.

I got mine from Wherehouse. What do you mean by Canadian edition? The manual is in English and French, but I assumed that was standard. The back says made in USA and for use in USA, Canada, Mexico, and Latin America only. Of course, it doesn't matter to me either way, but I'm curious.

Anyway, this is a great game, and I'd encourage anyone who likes Action RPGs or Japanese folklore to pick it up. It's fun and the graphics are gorgeous.

#40 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

I got mine from Wherehouse. What do you mean by Canadian edition? The manual is in English and French, but I assumed that was standard. The back says made in USA and for use in USA, Canada, Mexico, and Latin America only. Of course, it doesn't matter to me either way, but I'm curious.

I was wondering that, too. What exactly made it seem to be a "Canadian edition?" And does it make any difference once you put the disc in?

I remember with Ace Combat 5, all the copies I saw - even at various Best Buys - had bilingual (English and French) text on the case jacket (and the manual, too, I think). I think that was the only SKU that was sold in the US market, at least for a while.

#41 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

Gamestop has it used for 19.99 so with edge its fine, as long as i find a real box copy...

#42 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

I was wondering that, too. What exactly made it seem to be a "Canadian edition?" And does it make any difference once you put the disc in?

The back of the packaging is both in English and French. That usually tells me that it was made for the Canadian market. I could be wrong, since I haven't seen the US edition to see if it is the same.

I only mention it because some on here mentioned that there are problems trading in Canadian editions of games with places like Gamestop and Amazon.

#43 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

Now $20.85 shipped thru HubbaGames.

#44 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

The back of the packaging is both in English and French. That usually tells me that it was made for the Canadian market. I could be wrong, since I haven't seen the US edition to see if it is the same.

I only mention it because some on here mentioned that there are problems trading in Canadian editions of games with places like Gamestop and Amazon.

That's weird -- game companies normally don't create separate Canadian versions since all games published for North America are NTSC. It would be silly for a publisher to create different artwork/design for the Canadian market (in terms of expenses, etc.).

In fact, game covers bearing multiple languages is common. Tales of Vesperia and Onechanbara are only two examples of NTSC games that do this. It cuts costs for the publisher since the disc inside is the same thing no matter where.

#45 formerroadie

formerroadie

Disgaeaversity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

17.88 now.

#46 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

17.88 from HubbaGames.

38.98 from Amazon.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#47 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

ill get around to getting this soon

#48 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

17.88 from HubbaGames.

38.98 from Amazon.

I recently got another Wii game from HubbaGames via Amazon. It looks new as advertised: case overwrapped and intact.

#49 Mugen Power

Mugen Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

That's weird -- game companies normally don't create separate Canadian versions since all games published for North America are NTSC. It would be silly for a publisher to create different artwork/design for the Canadian market (in terms of expenses, etc.).

In fact, game covers bearing multiple languages is common. Tales of Vesperia and Onechanbara are only two examples of NTSC games that do this. It cuts costs for the publisher since the disc inside is the same thing no matter where.

I bought a copy of WarioWare: Touched on eBay that was a Canadian copy. It was obvious because the website on the back of the case said nintendo.ca. So it does happen.

#50 Filbert

Filbert

tough nut to crack

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

The back of the packaging is both in English and French. That usually tells me that it was made for the Canadian market. I could be wrong, since I haven't seen the US edition to see if it is the same...

I have a copy I bought at a Sears some months ago, and it too has French as well as English on the back.
Posted Image

#51 Sentinel

Sentinel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

Picked it up at Meijer.com for $14.99 + $2.95 shipping.

http://www.meijer.co...-wii/_/R-143230

#52 fanopants

fanopants

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

Quite a few games are published with English/French/Spanish on the back and in the manual. Most (all?) Nintendo first party titles, for example. I believe EA has a similar practice, at least with the FIFA series.

#53 imac980

imac980

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:42 AM

Just a heads up it's also $19.99 at Fry's online and in-store.