Photo
- - - - -

Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

• Please log in to reply
12904 replies to this topic

#9091 Appleinthetree

Appleinthetree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:37 AM

Uber is there a fa period again? I need a linebacker.

#9092 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

Uber is there a fa period again? I need a linebacker.

Yeah, we'll probably open it up after Week 4 ends.

#9093 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

Don't worry Doom, you actually accomplished an infinitely more impressive feat: limiting Munchie Cosh to 1 catch and 23 yards. And I'm pretty sure Roberson was already injured prior to your game.

Yeah that one catch was a nice TD pass though. All of his points were off of Freeman INTs so that's not too surprising. And there was one fumble that was taken back to the house.

Should have used my main playbook!

CAGFL: (187-31)

#9094 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

And just so you know Mr. Cowboys...you're not allowed to pick up a bunch of free agents beforehand to check their potentials or whatever you were doing...just reiterating what was told to me :/ I got scolded for doing the same a while ago!

#9095 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

Falcons/Eagles going down now.
Edit: Falcons 42, Eagles 21

Edited by gbpackers94, 05 January 2011 - 02:04 AM.

#9096 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

And just so you know Mr. Cowboys...you're not allowed to pick up a bunch of free agents beforehand to check their potentials or whatever you were doing...just reiterating what was told to me :/ I got scolded for doing the same a while ago!

That was the other league, so it's up to uber in here.

In other news, for the second straight night Doom and I can't connect. Neither of us have had problems connecting with anyone else in the past few days either. Ugh.

33126.png

#9097 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

woooooooooo piggg sooiieeeee just had to show some arkansas love

Screw Bobby petrino. That is all.

#9098 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:29 AM

7 games left.

#9099 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:30 AM

screw bobby petrino. That is all.

+1

#9100 Appleinthetree

Appleinthetree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

Ok,sorry guys won't happen again.

#9101 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

Honestly no point in playing the game when you hit the scramble button and Madden decides to throw a pick six instead.

33126.png

#9102 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:12 AM

Not taking anything away from Doom who played a great game as he always did and definitely earned his win, the bullshit things that happened in this game were completely out of his control. Still, I don't have the toolchest to beat him AND the Madden AI or close to it. With the score 10-10 at the end of the first half and me in possession in his red zone, a play in which no receiver was open I decided to scramble instead and throw the ball out of bounds (a play that doesn't involve a single face button) and yet somehow Madden interpreted that as me throwing it down the middle of the field into quadruple (or more) coverage, which obviously was returned for a pick six. At the very least that's a 10 point swing right there, and that was pretty much the ball game. Later on Rivers fumbled and I had two guys closer than anyone else and yet both of them dove directly AWAY from the ball.

I'm not saying Doom wouldn't have won anyway, in fact he probably would have, but I'm not usually one to complain about the Madden AI but that was some straight bull in that game.

gg Doom

33126.png

#9103 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:26 AM

Not taking anything away from Doom who played a great game as he always did and definitely earned his win, the bullshit things that happened in this game were completely out of his control. Still, I don't have the toolchest to beat him AND the Madden AI or close to it. With the score 10-10 at the end of the first half and me in possession in his red zone, a play in which no receiver was open I decided to scramble instead and throw the ball out of bounds (a play that doesn't involve a single face button) and yet somehow Madden interpreted that as me throwing it down the middle of the field into quadruple (or more) coverage, which obviously was returned for a pick six. At the very least that's a 10 point swing right there, and that was pretty much the ball game. Later on Rivers fumbled and I had two guys closer than anyone else and yet both of them dove directly AWAY from the ball.

I'm not saying Doom wouldn't have won anyway, in fact he probably would have, but I'm not usually one to complain about the Madden AI but that was some straight bull in that game.

gg Doom

GG BV, sorry had to get off there quickly I was being hurried to get downstairs to the living room. Anyway, that pick 6 definitely changed the game, although I thought Rivers got hit which made the ball float into McClain's hands. I'd love to see the replay.

The fumble recovery was complete crap, but it definitely happens. Happened a few times in the rainy Pittsburgh game and nothing went my way.

Overall I'm very happy with the game I played. McFadden had a great game and I couldn't be happier. Sucks with all the injuries that wracked up so hopefully I'll be able to overcome them.

EDIT: Also BV, I'm proud that you started to develop a ground game. Looking forward to our next game.

#9104 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

If Rivers got hit while you were trying to throw it away which caused the pick six, then that's exactly what happened in our game when you subbed as the Saints. I scrambled, tried to throw it away then got hit...which made me throw it right to the MLB. I didn't feel like I particularly got screwed on that play though since I waited too long to throw it...that was definitely a game-changer in ours too :(

#9105 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

GG BV, sorry had to get off there quickly I was being hurried to get downstairs to the living room. Anyway, that pick 6 definitely changed the game, although I thought Rivers got hit which made the ball float into McClain's hands. I'd love to see the replay.

I didn't save it, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't even under pressure. The coverage was just tight and I was content to get out of the pocket and throw it away (as I had two plays earlier) but they passed it instead. Even if he got hit, the fact that he wasn't supposed to be throwing would have resulted in a fumble not a downfield pass.

If Rivers got hit while you were trying to throw it away which caused the pick six, then that's exactly what happened in our game when you subbed as the Saints. I scrambled, tried to throw it away then got hit...which made me throw it right to the MLB. I didn't feel like I particularly got screwed on that play though since I waited too long to throw it...that was definitely a game-changer in ours too :(

This play was nothing like that one, trust me. The pass went 15 yards downfield, it wasn't one of those hit and a lineman picks it things.

33126.png

#9106 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

How do you upload highlights to the site?

#9107 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

You can save them in-game and then upload them from the main menu. I don't care to see any highlights of that one though, haha.

Just so I'm clear, I'm not bitching about Doom at all. Both the things I had an issue with had nothing to do with him. Like I said, he probably would have beat me as usual anyway. That play definitely changed the complexion of the game completely though.

33126.png

#9108 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3? I just started playing and I know at least ferocious and Doom have played that game cause it keeps showing me how much worse my stats are compared to theirs...I mean, come on...6 sexual encounters Doom?! You are the MAN!

#9109 redygo

redygo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

Sorry redy go, things just didn't fall my way at all and I found myself behind early. Injuries, phantom fumbles, and costly picks did me in. Kierre Roberson is out 2 weeks.

GG Kay

It's cool. Bummed about freeman first pick of season. You didn't use all my weapons Enrique woods and Aaron Scott are game changers. I think kierre Roberson was already hurt, so zero new injuries is good to hear.

#9110 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:57 AM

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3? I just started playing and I know at least ferocious and Doom have played that game cause it keeps showing me how much worse my stats are compared to theirs...I mean, come on...6 sexual encounters Doom?! You are the MAN!

I've sworn off Fable for all time after the second one, sorry.

33126.png

#9111 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:01 AM

LOL! :applause: I think I've been married 4 times as well. Just killed one of my older wives so I could take all her money. Ahh Fable, although simple, it's great fun.

I guess I could go gay for you sheriff. Would help me with some cheesemints. As long as you give me 90% of your riches when we get together.

#9112 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:17 AM

http://www.easports..../video/59439096

Looks like Rivers got hit to me.

#9113 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:22 AM

Really doesn't change the dynamics of it though, if the pick was caused by the hit it would have gone like 2 yards, as we've all seen a thousand times. Either way I'm just happy no one died, considering both Gates and Jackson went down during the game (both are fine though).

33126.png

#9114 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:28 AM

Wow I just checked my injuries. Huff out for 4 weeks, Miller out for 5 weeks, Davis out for 1 week. Thanks Bv

#9115 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:30 AM

No sympathy here, half my roster was on IR last season, haha

33126.png

#9116 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

thanks for the sig MA

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#9117 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:55 AM

Lol great...I hope you aren't planning on being too active on these forums!

#9118 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:38 AM

gg deadpres, cj ran all over the field and on the pats final drive tom brady tears his shoulder labrum and is now out 2 weeks

I guess it's the brandon gonzalez show in ne for a couple weeks.

Rob Gronkowski shrugged off an early injury in the game to finish with 8 catches for 168 yards and 3 tds.

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#9119 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:01 AM

This game is so wrong...I already have a wife, married a new one...and moved in with her next door to my first wife. Then I had sex with my new wife in my first wife's bed RIGHT NEXT to our newborn baby daughter. Pimp!!!

#9120 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

LOL! Addicting right? Time to get another wife me thinks