plants vs zombies disc for xbox 360 comes w/ peggle and zuma 19.99 amazon preorder

[quote name='utopianmachine']I thought this was an Arcade release?[/QUOTE]
I hope it is xbla as well, I wouldn't want to need a disc to play PvZ.

saw this on amazon the other day, but didn't know if i just get a download code or hard copy. wasn't sure. I heard the PC and Mac are also getting copies, the bonus is that they come with a zombie figurine. i might have to end up getting 360 and pc.

From what I can see, those bonuses are not limited to pre-order copies so if you want to save more, you might just want to wait until this copy hits on sale or price drop.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']From what I can see, those bonuses are not limited to pre-order copies so if you want to save more, you might just want to wait until this copy hits on sale or price drop.[/QUOTE]

They aren't "bonuses". It's just another variant of a pop cap disc that contains those 3 games.

Not to be a dick, but MSRP isn't a deal.

Although if you don't own any of them, the disc is a deal in that respect, so meh.

If I didn't already have Peggle and Zuma from the other Popcap discs, I'd be all over this. Waiting for the XBLA release.

I don't own any of those games and since Plants Vs. Zombies itself is $15 on XBL I'll gladly pay $20 since I'm getting Peggle and Zuma as well.

I think Plants vs Zombies is going to be $15 for XBox Live Arcade.. So if you want a hard copy and don't own Peggle (I think the disc is going to come with peggle knights to) this is a pretty damn good deal.

[quote name='JStryke']Not to be a dick, but MSRP isn't a deal.

Although if you don't own any of them, the disc is a deal in that respect, so meh.[/QUOTE]

It is a deal if you don't own Peggle and Zuma.

Why Zuma? Isn't that on someone arcade disc? I know I have Zuma some where, actually I think I have peggle too from some other disc. Damn.

Does anyone know if Peggle and Zuma are download tokens or on the disk itself? I don't have Zuma anymore (had a disc version) and I could trade the Peggle code for another game I want.

The title [was] misleading. Peggle and Zuma are not pre-order bonuses. They come on the disk whether you pre-order or not. 5 years from now, if you track down the disk, all three games will be on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like XBLA games being available on disc. I only have a 20 gig HDD and I have no interest in getting a bigger one.

Never hurts to have 'em on a disc. I can't even count the number of times I had an arcade/memory unit, sold it, then lost all my XBLA games.

Can anybody tell me if this is worth buying? I bought Plants vs. Zombies on my iPad for $9.99 and I love it. Hours and hours played. Will the xbox version have any new features?

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Can anybody tell me if this is worth buying? I bought Plants vs. Zombies on my iPad for $9.99 and I love it. Hours and hours played. Will the xbox version have any new features?[/QUOTE]

this is what it says on gamespot
Plants vs. Zombies for XBLA will cost gamers 1,200 MS points, or $15, and will feature two new multiplayer modes, 12 achievements, and 21 minigames unique to the console version. The two new multiplayer modes are co-op and Versus mode, which were outed this weekend.

Additionally, the title will feature a new way for friends to track and share progress with each other over Xbox Live. The new social connectivity measures come in the form of customizable houses, which players can visit.

So it depends on if you think those additional features are worth 15/20 bucks

[quote name='dchrisd']The title [was] misleading. Peggle and Zuma are not pre-order bonuses. They come on the disk whether you pre-order or not. 5 years from now, if you track down the disk, all three games will be on it.[/QUOTE]

:) lol i fixed it

1200 spacebucks is such a detractor to buying the XBLA and owning peggle is a detractor to the disc form. If we can get confirmation on Peggle Nights on the disc im sold.

Good deal for me. Loved PvZ on the iphone, loved peggle on xbla and steam, and i really liked zuma on the old ipod video. I dont own any of them anymore and would really enjoy playing PvZ again.

I have PvZ on my iPad too and I love it. Will pre-order since I don't have Zuma or Peggle on my 360.

I too prefer disks, I have a 60GB HDD but I like physical media and the ability to share my games.

i love the game, but did they really get rid of the MJ thriller zombie?! That's just weak -.-

I think i'll look for the disc on sale though. PC version can stillhold me

[quote name='yarkitty123']Never hurts to have 'em on a disc. I can't even count the number of times I had an arcade/memory unit, sold it, then lost all my XBLA games.[/QUOTE]

do you still have the same gamertag? You can use the License Transfer Tool to reassign the license to anything you bought to a new console, or you can re-download anything you bought and play it on any console if you are logged into Live (do not have to be Gold, except to play online multi-player).

For everyone else, these compilation discs don't install to the hard drive and play without spinning the disc. It still spins the disc.

Normally I would get the physical copy over digital. But since the wife and I can basically share the digital version on 2 systems at the same time, I will probably go that route so that we can co-op with one copy. I already have peggle as well.

[quote name='playing mantis']
For everyone else, these compilation discs don't install to the hard drive and play without spinning the disc. It still spins the disc.[/QUOTE]

This may push me to get the XBLA release. I always install my games to the HD before I play. I don't like to have the disc spinning if I can help it.

The feature I would love the most is mouse support. I don't think I could as fast as I am when I play using a controller, especially when you get to hard survival mode.

[quote name='Denbo32']Why Zuma? Isn't that on someone arcade disc? I know I have Zuma some where, actually I think I have peggle too from some other disc. Damn.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I would have preferred that they just release a "PopCap Arcade Vol. 3" containing PvZ and two other previously unreleased games.

Removing the Thriller reference from the game takes nothing away from it, it only provides the interwebs with something to complain about.

Physical Media FTW!

In this household we have two Xboxes and three XBL accounts, so the whole DRM situation on downloadable stuff is a pain in the arse. I wish every downloadable game had a physical media option; I'd pay extra.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='BillyBobX']Physical Media FTW!

In this household we have two Xboxes and three XBL accounts, so the whole DRM situation on downloadable stuff is a pain in the arse. I wish every downloadable game had a physical media option; I'd pay extra.

Thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother. I fear for the day when everything is download only. I already have Zuma and Peggle but will still get this because my kids don't have Zuma or Peggle on theirs.

I don't have Peggle nor Zuma for the Xbox, but I'm wondering how PvZ will be with a controller. Might be a pain. Also, getting this would just be my game purchase addiction. I don't even play the version I have on my iPhone that much. It never really grabbed me like Peggle did. However, my kids *love* PvZ, so they'd certainly like me to get it....

Weird these days $20 buys you a budget arcade game and 2 bonus ones. You can buy 2 good games for $5-10 used now so i will pass on a disc ver of this. I prefer no disc for such arcade games and i got peggle.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't have Peggle nor Zuma for the Xbox, but I'm wondering how PvZ will be with a controller. Might be a pain. Also, getting this would just be my game purchase addiction. I don't even play the version I have on my iPhone that much. It never really grabbed me like Peggle did. However, my kids *love* PvZ, so they'd certainly like me to get it....[/QUOTE]

I've yet to play Plants vs. Zombies, but Defense Grid is another Tower Defense game that transitioned from the PC to the 360 very nicely.

[quote name='confoosious']Defense Grid is awesome.

Any word on a demo for PvZ?[/QUOTE]

Like all arcade games, the trial will be out the day the game is.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Like all arcade games, the trial will be out the day the game is.[/QUOTE]

But I thought the point was that PvZ wasn't getting a live arcade release and only comes on disc?

edit: ack, nevermind, just saw the gamestop article. (that it's gonna be $14.99 for arcade release.)

You can pretty much get Peggle anywhere for free to a dollar if you try. PopCap is pretty much begging people to take it.

bread's done
Back