19 replies to this topic

#1 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

Wtf419b1iMI
http://store.steampo....com/app/22600/

The classic Worms series is coming to Steam on August 26! Worms Reloaded promises to be the best version ever. It has all the features of the XBLA Worms 2 plus lots of new stuff.

Features (see the Steam page for a full list)

• Campaign mode. Play through 35 single-player missions as well as 30 more in the Warzone Campaign that is tuned for advanced players.
  • Bodycount mode! How will you survive with having just one worm pitched against never ending spawning enemy worms that get increasingly tougher? Compete against friends in the scored leaderboard.
  • Training Mode. Comprehensive tactics tutorage that includes 3 tutorials and 3 different firing ranges.
  • Up to 4-player online and local multiplayer action - with Steamworks support, for pain free game updates, friends-lists, leaderboards, achievements and chat.
  • Fully featured landscape editor including the welcome return of bridges and the ability to import your own custom levels into game so you can share your creation with friends and play online. Add your own start positions, mines and scheme to effectively create wild new play modes and styles of game.
  • Over 47 weapons! New weapons include Super Bunker Buster, Ferrets, Poison Strike, Worship, Sentry Gun, Electromagnet, Buffalo of Lies plus new persistent fire and surprise Easter Eggs!
  • Steam Achievements, Controller support, and more

Pricing

The list price for the game is $19.99. But you can get it for less by preordering or joining a 4-pack.

Preorder price: $17.99
4-pack price: $59.99 - $15 each. Group buy thread. Join a 4-pack here!

Preorder bonus

Additionally, all preorders (single or 4-packs) will receive:

Posted Image
Join the CAG Worms Reloaded Steam group!

Edited by eastx, 30 July 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#2 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

Glad to see a 4 pack, I may have to bite.

#3 msuna

msuna

McLovin fears Doomtall!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

Sweet. Love this game!
Posted Image

#4 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

Go make your thread to move into the Master Trading Lists and let me (or any mod) know when it's been created.

Looks like I'm a little late on that one. Carry on. :dunce:

#5 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

controller support! I will have to see if any friends want in on this.
Posted Image

#6 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

Not to be that guy, but isn't the four-pack just what the price of a Steam four-pack should normally be?

$20 x 3 = $60
(Pack is 4 for the price of 3)

Edit: For example, a Borderlands 4-pack is $90, or 3 x $30).

So in other words, you're not getting a pre-order discount, exactly. If you were, the four-pack would be $54 (3 x $18), or $13.50 per unit.

Edited by mokmoof, 30 July 2010 - 10:20 PM.
Clarification

#7 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

The 4-pack is indeed always going to cost $60. But you still get the preorder bonuses. Plus, $15 is better than $20 or $18.

#8 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:53 AM

The 4-pack is indeed always going to cost $60. But you still get the preorder bonuses. Plus, $15 is better than $20 or $18.

True enough. If you're looking to get the game at (or more accurately, 24 hours before) launch, then this is definitely the way to go... But on the other hand, it's hard to imagine that there won't be a sale sometime pretty soon, nor is it hard to imagine life without extra hats.

#9 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:30 AM

It's been a long time since Armageddon. Glad Team17 is bringing 2D PC Worms back.

...nor is it hard to imagine life without extra hats.

If Team17/Valve wanted to really have these fly odd the virtual shelf, they would offer the hats as TF2 crossovers. Fish-head Engie FTW!

#10 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

Quick browsing through the thread I saw the word hats and immediately perked up. Then I noticed that it wasn't TF2 hats, and my excitement went away. I'll wait until this is cheaper to buy, though the 4-pack price is decent.

#11 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

If Team17/Valve wanted to really have these fly odd the virtual shelf, they would offer the hats as TF2 crossovers. Fish-head Engie FTW!

They're actually looking into that, though it depends on whether Valve accepts or not.

#12 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:53 AM

Steam = I'll wait till it's 2 dollars.

#13 ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:01 AM

Super excited for this.

I'm trying to convince a couple of bros to do a 4-pack with me, but if that doesn't work out, I'd love to do a group-buy here on CAG.

#14 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

No Steam for Mac support. :(
Posted Image

#15 nugarp

nugarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

i wonder if this will let you play with 8 worms per team...that's the only reason i loved WWP and did not like the XBLA worms games...anyone know?
360, PS3, Wii, PSP Slim games & acc for trade:

my tradelist

#16 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

No Steam for Mac support. :(

A Mac version has been announced, but it won't be released until after the PC version. So eventually the Steam version will probably work on both platforms.

#17 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:36 AM

Only a few days left to preorder and get the bonuses. The game comes out on Thursday, though preorders get it on Wednesday. ~ ~

#18 vikingvessel

vikingvessel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:10 AM

If anyone has the last minute urge to organize a 4-Pack,
please shoot me a PM.

#19 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:29 AM

Deal's not dead yet!

No fish-head engie, sadly. However, order "before Thursday, September 2nd" to get...

Posted Image

I'm hosting a pack in the trade thread

#20 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the news, Cheapo! It's a shame they didn't get the word out on the Team Fortress 2 stuff sooner.