The Official August CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

picture.php

Trinity Universe, Trinity Universe Art Book, Xbox Live Space Dollars, Conflict of Laws

:psp: Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony
:psp: Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL
:psp: Phantasy Star Portable
Mass Effect Redemption TPB x2

- $52 Gohastings

:360: Gears of War 2: GotY Edition - $10 eBay
:360: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GotY Edition - $12 eBay
:360: Tales of Vesperia - $29 eBay
:360: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $6.50 eBay

:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron - $30
:360: Crackdown 2 - $40
:360: Dragon Age Origins - $24

Mass Effect Retribution - $8 B&N
Halo: Fall of Reach - $8 B&N

still waiting to receive a few items, will post up the pic when they arrive

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dv8mad']^ Sure do wish I had a big, delicious box of stuff to post...
ZxT
[/QUOTE]

It still hasn't shown up yet dv8? Wtf... I certainly hope it didn't get lost :cry:. Or worse I hope that I didnt mix up the fucking customs form (I had one package going out to the UK the same time as yours).

[quote name='KillerRamen']Trinity Universe, Trinity Universe Art Book, Xbox Live Space Dollars, Conflict of Laws[/QUOTE]

Where's the artbook from? I need a copy now... >_>

Also, add a link to the July thread to here, ZxT =P

iconbluraypng.png
Piranha (Roger Corman's Cult Classics) - $19.99
iconbluraypng.png
Humanoids from the Deep (Roger Corman's Cult Classics) - $18.99
iconbluraypng.png
Batman: Under the Red Hood (Best Buy exclusive) - $7.41
icondvdpng.png
Death Sport/Battle Truck (Roger Corman's Cult Classics) - $9.49

:gc: Resident Evil 2 :ds: Pokemon Platinum - Goozex
:ds: Puzzle Quest 2, Chrono Trigger, :wii: Tales of Symphonia - goHastings

RE2's in mint condition, pretty happy with that. RE collection for GC/Wii complete now seeing that I doubt I'll find a copy of Code Veronica.

Tales of Symphonia came in HWV case, had manual though. Disc looks mint with a few random scratches that were from the disc being loose. Pretty successful orders this go around with goHastings.

Pretty bummed out that I got the order complete e-mails signifying that Phoenix Wright got canceled though. (Zack & Wiki did as well, but not so much bummed about that one.)

[quote name='elessar123']Lol I meant add a link to the august thread in the july thread, but I can see how my request could be misinterpreted =P[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. I was like why would he want me to post a link to the July thread later on down.

Just ask Freemason to link the previous threads. Perhaps we should do that from now on :D

What do you guys think? Maybe go back to the start of the year or just back to like June or something?

GoHastings B2G1:
Heavy Rain: Mint - tiny crack in the case
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - tiny stain/residue on the manual
LoZ: Twilight Princess - little worn manual

Other than those little things mentioned, I am happy with my purchase from GoHasting and can't wait for the next b2g1 $1 sale.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']wait....they are shipping that stuff already ?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

I ordered it last week for 600 coins off the club nintendo website.

If you mean the Platinum reward, no they havent shipped them yet. Not mine anyway:cry:

This is one of the regular rewards you can get with the coins!

33ygaao.jpg

Been wanting to try it. $54 bucks probably worth it I'm sure i can offload it for 20 if i hate it.

DJ Hero was awesome. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it, and I'm not really a fan of the genre. After about two hours I was tearing it up on hard and expert. The game's seriously a blast.

First "Hero" game in awhile that's actually been any good.

Couple of beast pickups from Amazon. Not games, but one is gaming related!

4859012718_bedf75f144.jpg

:br:Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series - $133

Logitech G13 - $35 After rebate, working great with Starcraft 2 :)

:ds: Puzzle Quest, Kirby Super Star Ultra - goHastings
:ps3: Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Modern Warfare 2, NHL 10, Madden 10, NHL 2k10, Grand Theft Auto IV, The Bigs 2, Unreal Tournament III, PS3 bluetooth headset (no charger) $100.00 - eBay

Gazelle ing the sports titles and probably MW2. Mostly got it for the headset and giving the rest of the games to my brother.

More complete awesomeness from goHastings, just waiting on Kirby Squeak Squad.

I done bought so much stuff lately, I lost track. Notables include the DQ IX guide, Escaflowne complete series on DVD, Dissidia, the Hannibal Lecter Collection, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura off of GOG.com, and dozens of apps on iPod touch.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I done bought so much stuff lately, I lost track. Notables include the DQ IX guide, Escaflowne complete series on DVD, Dissidia, the Hannibal Lecter Collection, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura off of GOG.com, and dozens of apps on iPod touch.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on being rationale since you lost your job!

[quote name='Vulgarism']Congrats on being rationale since you lost your job![/QUOTE]

Less income = spend more. Makes perfect sense to me.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Look, I'm just gonna keep spendin' until it's all fuckin' gone. I really don't care anymore.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

He makes it rain on the hoes!

Alright guys. I dont think i'll have a day like today again for a while. First week of august and things are looking UP.

After finally getting my car in (moderately) working order, I decided to get some stuff done(school stuff, errands ive been putting off). I stopped at a half-priced books to get a Castlevania 64 guide I had seen in july for $1.

It was gone, but I did pick up a Lunar Silver Star Story guide and bomberman 64 for $5 together. On the way to the register, I passed by the collection counter and saw a stack of N64 and PS1 games.

I immediately started browsing them, and noticed that there was treasure afoot. Among the stack of 20 or so ps1 games were, off the top of my head, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, FF anthology, and tons of other goodies. Some N64 games that stood out were Conker's bad fur day, DK64, both zelda games.

I was going nuts - I asked the girl working if they were selling the stuff, and she said many of them had scratches and were being given away to charity. I offered cash on the spot and she said they couldnt do it:cry:

I walked to the checkout counter ins adness and the guy who sold the stuff to HPB was waiting to get his $$ from the register - he saw my Lunar guide and said he just put it up on ebay(the game), and that he had more stuff in his car that HPB wouldnt take. I followed him to his car and low and behold.
1000451m.jpg
A working Sega genesis, with a 32X still mint in box with all cables. He also threw in 28 games(some for 32x, some regular), as well as final fantasy 8 and 9.

1000452.jpg

I picked up the Dark Cloud 2 from a kid on craigslist for $4 - but the extra goodies came on the way to his place. I stopped by 2 other HPB on the way, and got 5 game guides.

($4) FF7 - pristine like-new condition, only problem is the stickers left a lot of residue.

($3) FF tactics - Pretty bad condition, lots of wear and some rips. I got it because it was cheap and I had never seen a non GH guide.

($7) Legend of Zelda wind waker bradygames - in great condition, some shelf wear, had the map!

( 6 dollars! ) Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Limtied edition - has some light damage here and there, but has spots on the cover from something, still looks pretty nice, and couldnt beat $6.

(4$) FF8 - excellent condition, no wear or tears from what I could see.

The bomberman and lunar guides have wear and creases here and there, but arent awful. 2.50 each.

1000453c.jpg
1000454m.jpg

I called the first HPB I went to and they said they will be selling all the games they got today - Which lifted my spirits, sometimes they miscalculate the worth of some games and theyre super cheap! Going back next week.

Also, one of the HPB I went to had a TON of rare stuff, but was ebay priced mostly. RE4 collector's, vampire masquerade bloodlines, tales of phantasia, Dragon warrior 1, 2, 3, to name a few. Might go back there later to see if they have the stuff during a sale..

If anyone is curious here's the 32x games that came with the lot from the guy -

Virtua Fighter
NFL club quarterback
Super Space Harrier
NBA Jam
After Burner

and the 2 gems, Spider-man Web of Fire, and Knuckles Chaotix

Ill post the other sega genesis games if anyone is interested.

Also, these are going up on my trading list if anyone is interested in anything! (besides the LoZ guides)

[quote name='lolwut?']fucking GOLDARRRRRRRRRRRRR
/thread

dscn1538.jpg

dscn1565.jpg
[/QUOTE]

These purchases are horrible to me. PW action figures, an old ass HP game, crappy ass movies like CA and James... come on man. You're worse than I've ever been.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']These purchases are horrible to me. PW action figures, an old ass HP game, crappy ass movies like CA and James... come on man. You're worse than I've ever been.[/QUOTE]
You have openly bragged about buying ICP dvd's, and buying horror movies that suck just for the dvd cover, and you will rag on this guy for buying a great movie like James and the Giant Peach?!

Anyways, pics to follow, but so far this month I finally got my $25 Gamestop Gift Card from e-Rewardz, and used it to buy
Fable 2 PH
UFC 09

Considering taking them back to get Batman AA instead...

What made me upset was that he sold all his stuff to HPB for $23. Around 20 ps1 games, 12 n64 games and the complete console. I got the sega stuff from him for $30

2h682g2.jpg

302cjk5.jpg

Nothing like the smell of a brand new SNES. It's a shame the box is pretty beat up. I thought about buying another one on eBay and swapping the boxes, but then I realized that the serial number on the console wouldn't match the one on the back of the box. At least the proof of purchase card is still there.
2426fc9.jpg

bread's done
Back