#61 ImLuhkee

ImLuhkee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:10 AM

The R2Droid2 looks pretty neat:

Posted Image

http://www.engadget....-repair-your-x/

It's cool looking, could use some legs/wheels. I wonder how much it is suppose to cost. I would worry the paint would wear down fairly fast.

#62 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:44 AM

That thing looks horrible to me. Looks like a truck ran R2 over and flattened him.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#63 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:45 AM

Ok indeed. Go watch this:

http://techcrunch.co...en-performance/

The X uses a similar touch screen to the old droid 1. Its not the TouchMAX Capacitive that the Incredible/Evo 4G have which is basically the best in the business.

The Droid X does not have the touch screen issues that the Original Droid had as far as not reading smooth motion.

Here is a test ran doing the same designs on the Droid X. Pictures and actual video demo on the site. It easily is on par with the iPhone or anything other smart phone currently on the market as far as touch sensitivity.

http://www.breakandm...uchscreen-test/

The only issue I am having with mine is that I already have a couple of specks of dust under the screen :bomb:.
Posted Image

#64 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

Ugh, now the rumor is that Fascinate will hit in October:

Also in October, the Samsung Fascinate will finally be available. This represents a delay from the previous rumors surrounding this device which had it pegged for a late September release. Be it September or October, it’s really hard to understand why Verizon keep delaying the launch of their version of the Galaxy S, since all their competitors already sell theirs. I can only think this has something to do with not cannibalizing Droid X sales. Anyway, bad news if you wanted a Galaxy S on Verizon.

Another possible October launch could be the Motorola A957, which, according to yesterday’s rumors, is the Droid Pro. Today’s info is a bit confusing in this regard, since there’s mention that it could be branded “Sick”. One way or the other, there’s no further info on this one just yet.

http://www.unwiredvi...blets-and-more/

Sheesh!

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#65 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

Droid X

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#66 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:52 PM

I had a Droid X and had to return it due to the camera crapping out on me. Got the OG Droid instead.

Have a look here before you decide on the X:

http://www.droidforu...-x-tech-issues/

Go with the Incredible instead.

#67 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

Damn, October? :(

I was just reading something, is it true that all the Galaxy S phones actually support the divx codec out of the box? If so that may be the selling point for me, if it has built in decoding then divx files should play really well.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#68 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

Yup...divx out of the box is what I've been reading, though I'm sure you could confirm if you know anyone that has a Captivate or whatever T-Mobile's version is called.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#69 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:49 PM

So that basically means getting divx on Android is more of a licensing thing than anything else at this point. Though the Galaxy S phones are supposed to be great with graphics too.

#70 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

Rock divx player makes that moot anyway
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#71 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:42 AM

Yeah I've seen that, but I would think the Galaxy S phones would have the best playback performance.

#72 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

Looks like the fascinate will be out in a few weeks.+

http://www.brighthan...erizon Galaxy S

I'm hoping Amazon has it soon, want to use some credit I have there.

#73 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

Yeah I saw that yesterday. Also a couple days ago this surfaced:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Our source describes the phone as being an EVO in a larger and more polished Nexus One body; brushed aluminum, very upper end of the market, you get the picture. “It makes the Droid 2 look like a kids toy,” our source told us. No word on if it is a global device, although… we’re betting it is. From what we can see the device has an 8 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash, kickstand, 4.3-inch screen, 3.5 mm headphone jack, and, wait for it… a front facing camera.

http://www.boygenius...device-verizon/

The wait is killing me...on the one hand I'm excited that the Fascinate is finally hitting stores in a couple weeks and can't wait, but on the other hand, that HTC device sounds pretty sweet...wonder how far along it is :-k

Also I'd like to wait a month or so before I pick up the Fascinate as Amazon seems to have some really good prices about 15-30 days after release.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#74 Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

Ugh, now the rumor is that Fascinate will hit in October:

http://www.unwiredvi...blets-and-more/

Sheesh!

the fascinate is coming out on the 8th of Sept. not even 2 weeks. Droid Pro is coming in nov but thats just a global version of the Droid 2 so dont worry about that.

dont bother with the Droid 2, get the Droid Incred or Droid X, ive had a couple people with issues already with the Droid 2, let alone once you start using the touch screen, the keyboard becomes dead weight. no point in it, especially since it isnt faster(hardware).
Why save the world, when everything in it is falling apart?
:applause:

#75 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:52 AM

Yeah I saw that HTC phone earlier today, makes me want to wait for that now. Think I even said if there was an evo type HTC phone on verizon I'd love that, well there it is.

#76 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

A little info about that samsung media hub thing.

http://news.yahoo.co...31/tc_zd/254140

I can't see myself paying $12-$20 for a movie on a phone.

#77 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:49 AM

I've only had my X for a month and a half but I really like the look of the new HTC. I love the X and have had nothing but greatness out of it so far... but I am glad Verizon allows an upgrade every year. Can't imagine what will be out by the time I can upgrade again next summer.
Posted Image

#78 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

I gotta say the Samsung Epic is easily the best keyboard Android phone out at the moment. 4 inch Amoled with Hummingbird 1GZ and excellent keyboard and supreme lightweight....amazing.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#79 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:30 PM

I wish Sprint had better coverage in my area, but outside the immediate area, it's roaming or no service for voice and data both.

#80 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

Fascinate page up on Amazon...no price yet though:

http://www.amazon.co...83619418&sr=1-2

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#81 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

Man this amazon credit is burning a hole in my account, hurry up and let me spend it!!!

edit- This article claims the price will be $200.

#82 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

Do the galaxy S phones dynamically adjust their clock speed or something?

Noticed in this Droid X comparison article that the Fascinate is clocked at 800mhz. Is that normal?

http://www.boygenius...s-with-droid-x/

#83 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:41 AM

Ordered 2 Samsung Epics today. SO PUMPED.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#84 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

Fascinate doesn't sound as good as I had hoped:

http://www.engadget....scinate-review/

Makes my wait for a new phone easier.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#85 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

Wow, no HDMI port huh? Sounds like it suffers the same problem as the Vibrant with the cheap, plastic feel too. Droid X gets my vote after having it for just a week now, but I'm not exactly the best judge since this is my first smartphone. Still, I've yet to find a complaint with it other than the $200 price tag.

#86 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

Cheap plastic feel is due to most advanced tech in phones making it weigh less than 5 ounces. Super AMOLED is very light and Gorilla Glass is impossibly strong.

Again, I can't say enough how impressed I am with Samsung's line of phones. They annihilate the competition in the smartphone space.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#87 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

Do the galaxy S phones dynamically adjust their clock speed or something?

Noticed in this Droid X comparison article that the Fascinate is clocked at 800mhz. Is that normal?

http://www.boygenius...s-with-droid-x/

Yes, all smartphones dynamically adjust clock speed for battery life and CPU load. It's the same CPU as in the iphone 4 and iPad.

#88 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:55 AM

Argh, this may be a deal breaker, at least until the fascinate gets rooted. You can't change the default bing search back to google.

Unfortunately, not all is peachy when wireless carriers and handset makers start messing with the stock Android experience. Reviews of the Fascinate by Slashgear and Engadget note that the phone uses Bing as its default search engine, not Google - probably more fallout from the cozy Bing-Verizon relationship. That wouldn't be so egregious if you could switch search widgets at will, but alas, the only way to remove Bing is by hacking the phone.

#89 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:09 AM

Unless the fascinate really is that much different than the other Galaxy phones, I don't know what they mean by the sluggishness or crashes. I spent about an hour playing with the captivate in an AT&T store and it seemed great as far as speed and stability are concerned.

edit- Just as a comparison, here is another review.

http://www.slashgear...eview-07100970/

Edited by Clak, 08 September 2010 - 03:00 AM.

#90 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:43 AM

I'm definitely waiting for more reviews before I decide...then again, I'm low on cash till later in the month.

As for the Bing search widget thing, I'm sure there will be guides online and youtube videos showing you how to remove them. If I get it I plan on stripping all the Verizon related junk that I won't need.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png