Photo
- - - - -

The Official Android thread.

• Please log in to reply
1858 replies to this topic

#121 Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:35 AM

If it was her phone I'm sure they could have, but as I said it was her husband's phone that she wanted the records from. Plus she was acting batshit crazy, you want someone like that in your store?

if they are on the same acct and she is an auth user then she could but i take it they didnt bother to try and help?
Why save the world, when everything in it is falling apart?
:applause:

#122 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

Well I obviously don't know the details, but when a woman starts screaming and cursing, typically customer service ends right there.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#123 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Just wondering if people in here looking at the Incredible know that it'll get changed out from a AMOLED screen to a TFT screen sometime soon?

Recent article, mentioning that it'll be a different SKU # and outer box info:
http://www.phonenews...is-month-12641/

Original article mentioning it:
http://www.phonenews...g-amoled-11572/

I guess one will be the Incredible and the other one will be the not-so-Incredible?

#124 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

They did a side by side comparison of the HTC Desire which is the euro version of the incredible, its screen got replaced by the SLCD and there wasnt much of a difference overall.

I love the AMOLED screen in my incredible, however it is useless in daylight.

#125 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Super AMOLED doesn't have the same issue with daylight that the regular AMOLED does.

Hence, you want a Samsung Android phone.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#126 Trufatty

Trufatty

More Cow Bell??!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

pound for pound, you need to consider upgrading in the future. i would go with the Droid X, a few of my friends have then and they love it. the phones not huge but not small.

#127 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:36 AM

According to this that Incredible HD won't be much faster. It talks about the Desire, but I believe that's the Euro version of the Incredible line.

Kind of underwhelming specs, I figured it would have a faster processor.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#128 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:54 AM

Got my Sprint contract renewal up and I wanna pop my smart phone cherry; should I go with the Epic like I've wanted to, or are there any other phone -- specifically in the future -- that I might want to keep an eye out on, or should I just go with the Epic?

Right now I'm looking for:
1) Awesome web browsing capabilities.

2) Battery life

3) Game playing capabilities

4) a slide out keyboard

in that order.

#129 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

Smartphones all have bad battery life, its just the nature of the best. Phone technology is going 100x faster then battery technology.

#130 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

The Epic's battery is a champ. I went sometimes I don't even charge it overnight.

The Epic is the best Android-based phone in the US market at present.
I know of nothing on anyone's roadmaps that is going to change that.

If you want games, go iPhone. If you want a phone that's full of utility then the Epic matches all your other criteria. I bought two of 'em after having a G1 for two years and I'm blown away.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#131 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

According to this that Incredible HD won't be much faster. It talks about the Desire, but I believe that's the Euro version of the Incredible line.

Kind of underwhelming specs, I figured it would have a faster processor.

That Desire looks pretty sweet, wish it would come out over here on Verizon.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#132 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

Just wondering if people in here looking at the Incredible know that it'll get changed out from a AMOLED screen to a TFT screen sometime soon?

Recent article, mentioning that it'll be a different SKU # and outer box info:
http://www.phonenews...is-month-12641/

Original article mentioning it:
http://www.phonenews...g-amoled-11572/

I guess one will be the Incredible and the other one will be the not-so-Incredible?

SLCD seems to be the new fancy name for IPS screens. It won't be a TFT screen.

Smartphones all have bad battery life, its just the nature of the best. Phone technology is going 100x faster then battery technology.

Battery technology is on the cusp of some big developments. Ultra capacitors and nanotechnology based battery designs will start becoming prevalent in the next 5-10 years.

The Epic's battery is a champ. I went sometimes I don't even charge it overnight.

The Epic is the best Android-based phone in the US market at present.
I know of nothing on anyone's roadmaps that is going to change that.

If you want games, go iPhone. If you want a phone that's full of utility then the Epic matches all your other criteria. I bought two of 'em after having a G1 for two years and I'm blown away.

LG has scheduled some Tegra 2 phones for Q4 this year. If they manage to give it a decent screen and leave the OS the hell alone, they could be decent phones.

#133 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

Well I finally took the plunge and bought the Fascinate from Amazon (1 cent now btw). Should be here by Monday, I'll give my impression when I get it.

#134 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

Well I finally took the plunge and bought the Fascinate from Amazon (1 cent now btw). Should be here by Monday, I'll give my impression when I get it.

1 cent...shit! I think that just sealed the deal for me. I was going to wait to see what 2.2 does with the phone, but I'm so sick of my 3G that I need something now.

Though I'm actually thinking of waiting till the end of this month when my billing cycle ends so that it can be a clean switch.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#135 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, I went ahead and got the 1 day shipping since it's only a few dollars with prime. Basically got it all for free using some Amazon credit. Glad I waited a few weeks, would have been pissed if I'd got it when it was about $100.

#136 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, I'm getting it. Did they charge you any taxes or was it really just 1 penny?

EDIT: Whoa, no tax...I thought for sure I would have been taxed on the original amount of the device...this is cool.

So how do you port your number over to the new plan/phone? No options are given during checkout.

EDIT2: Found it:

• Before you begin, follow the instructions in the owner's manual to charge your phone's battery.
  • Return to the Your Account section to view your order details. Once you've signed in, follow the instructions at the top of your order details to activate your phone.
  • Turn on your phone. Verizon Wireless will e-mail you when your phone is ready for use (1-5 business days after you submit your request from Your Account in step 2 above). Upon receipt of the email, dial *228 from your new phone to complete the activation. Upon completion of the number transfer, your service with your previous provider will automatically be canceled.

http://wireless.amaz...help/200334880/

Edited by LinkinPrime, 17 September 2010 - 04:45 PM.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#137 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

Bah! Order didn't go through, apparently Verizon doesn't like me for some reason...funny thing is I signed up for FiOS a few months ago without any issues. I guess I'll call them up and see what's up.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#138 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

I may not even transfer my number, I keep getting calls on this number from some collection agency, whoever had this number before must have been a deadbeat.

#139 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:23 AM

Well I got the phone earlier. I'm liking it so far, I installed Launcher Pro after playing with touchwiz for a little while, didn't like Touchwiz at all. The bing search isn't that big of a deal really, with Launcher Pro installed I just added the google search widget to the home screen. Also the weather and toggle switch widget, very Sense looking, awesome. Haven't tried the GPS yet, but the one in the store worked pretty well. So far I'm loving it, plays Divx files flawlessly out of the box.

#140 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

I'm jealous, I'm having issues with Verizon at the moment and they won't process my order. I'm afraid I might be stuck with AT&T for a few more years :/

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#141 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

I guess low expectations is always helpful. I went from a Palm Pre to an EVO. Haven't looked back much.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#142 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

Palm Pre was actually my first choice over a year ago.

Getting an Epic on Oct 1. How hard are these phones to find? Is it like trying to get an iPhone4 or will it be way easier?

#143 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:01 AM

BTW, 2.2 rolls out to Droid X tomorrow

#144 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:28 AM

Palm Pre was actually my first choice over a year ago.

Getting an Epic on Oct 1. How hard are these phones to find? Is it like trying to get an iPhone4 or will it be way easier?

The galaxy S phones don't seem to be selling so well, so they aren't in low supply. Even though they have the same screens that have caused supply problems with other phones.

#145 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:29 AM

This thread should just become the official Android thread.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#146 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:28 AM

^I'll go with that too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#147 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Since you apparently use Launcher Pro too I ahve a question for you, how do you get the little bar of dots for the home screens to show up? I keep having to guess which one i'm on, I thought it was on by default but I guess not.

Changed thread title too.

#148 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

^

That looks pretty cool.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#149 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

BTW, 2.2 rolls out to Droid X tomorrow

Since I've never had a smartphone before now, are these updates mandatory? I haven't heard very good things about 2.2 yet, especially with Flash issues and shorter battery life.

BTW, anyone hear about Facebook inquiring about smartphone development? I heard it's going to be called the Face Palm.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#150 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

Since I've never had a smartphone before now, are these updates mandatory? I haven't heard very good things about 2.2 yet, especially with Flash issues and shorter battery life.

BTW, anyone hear about Facebook inquiring about smartphone development? I heard it's going to be called the Face Palm.

Been trying out froyo on droid x. Gotta say, not liking it. Battery is as hot as when I'm charging and streaming music, and I'm only opening cag right now. Response also seems really maggy compared to before, and the screen to unlock is not as responsive either.

The signal bar looks like it's been modified, cause I went from 3 bars to roaming. I see 2 bars and I no longer have a connection.

A steamy pile of overhyped crap.