Photo
- - - - -

GamersGate Summer Sale - Beat Hazard $4, World of Goo $6.79, Other Misc. Casual Stuff

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#271 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

Well, it's a "We <3 Indie" sale...glad to see DICE and EA are doing so well for indie companies.

#272 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

Not for nothing, but thank you soooo much for this info. You wouldn't beleive how long I've racked my brain knowing whether this was true or not and I'm glad to find out that it is. :D

As for the argument, adding non-Steam games bug me in only that I don't get a nice "Game Info/News" page when about to boot up the game or sitting on the screen. It's a very minor annoyance though and I'll usually go the way of cheap prices over convenience or "looks."

I agree, I wish games I added to steam had info.

ALSO: I'm willing to buy from wherever, if it's got re-download options but Steam sure makes reinstalling easy. If you keep steam on a separate partition you don't even have to reinstall after a fresh Windows install, you just delete a couple of steam files and it'll rebuild the catalog and you're good to go. I LOVE that feature.

#273 RebelCapitalist

RebelCapitalist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

I have all my games, except 1, installed on a secondary HDD. I keep the OS drive as clean as possible so re-install or whatever won't be a nightmare. :)

Love the 0% off on BFBC2. Actually, I had no idea EA was an indie company now. :D