CAGcast #207: Anality

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Is Limbo overrated? Are Clash of the Titans and Castlevania HD terrible? Did CheapyD buy Starcraft II? Those questions and more will be answered along with discussion of the latest gaming and shopping news, and your CAGbag and Twitter contributions.

[podcast]116[/podcast]
Download - 93 minutes, 56MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah Dude! Uhhh...1st!

At least I am honest and don't cover it up with that, "Oh Yippee Skippee, Listening NOW!" bull shit. I'm a tool bag and I don't deny it!

Not first! D'oh.

Say, Cheapy -- what was the strange third line of the CAG wiki you mentioned? The only thing weird I see is someone calling the site a BBS.

And I'm not listening now because iTunes hasn't updated yet. What gives? Is this the 21st century or not? Jeezus.

downloading now... looks like the wiki was fixed, it said something like cheapyd trained in the real estate business to prepare to run cag, or something like that.

[quote name='Salmonday']Not first! D'oh.

Say, Cheapy -- what was the strange third line of the CAG wiki you mentioned? The only thing weird I see is someone calling the site a BBS.

And I'm not listening now because iTunes hasn't updated yet. What gives? Is this the 21st century or not? Jeezus.[/QUOTE]

Subscribe and hit the "Refresh" button in the bottom right corner.

Someone cleaned up the Wiki page.

Wow, after hearing you guys ream Harmony of Despair I won't be picking that up. Sheesh!

Considering I haven't Played Order of Ecclesia yet I think I'll just look into that.

Man, I actually want to buy Harmony of Despair, but it really seems a thing I would need a posse for. I'll listen to this CAGcast in my morning commute.

lol, it gets to 115 almost every day. When it sprinkles,it makes it more hot with the little humidity that it leaves. I'm used to it though. you can tell who's not from Az when they always whine on how hot it is.lol. Love the show. Keep up the good work.

Mr. T had a reality show called "I pity the fool" for some reason it doesn't come up when you look under his name, however if you search the show (on IMDB) it shows up for 2006.

Mr T was also in commercials for Snickers, aired in the UK last year.

Holy crap Wombat, you just blew my mind with the Sprockets / Cogs joke. It's the arrow in the FedEx logo all over again.

Decent show again this week. I really enjoyed "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" a great deal more than I thought I would when I saw it.

Wombat, I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with PS3 updates, I honestly haven't had much of an issue in a long time with updating my own system, granted I do use it almost every day to either play movies, or games so that might be why. I will say that the Eye of Judgment PSP game is a great deal at $15, especially if you liked the PS3 game in any way or like a decent card/strategy game.

Just listen to Shipwreck saying he played Clash of the Titans for 14 hours and he wont touch Starcraft 2. I'm fucking insulted

[quote name='ihih']Just listen to Shipwreck saying he played Clash of the Titans for 14 hours and he wont touch Starcraft 2. I'm fucking insulted[/QUOTE]
Seriously? I..wha...

italian-spiderman-animated.gif

Hey Wombat, just wanted to say that, don't worry, you don't necessarily suck at Darksiders. The minibosses have way too much health and can indeed kill you in 3 hits early on.

I originally started the game on Apocalyptic Mode as I consider myself quite skilled at hack 'n' slash games and ended up restarting on Normal about 1:30 hours in. Having to unleash 10 full combos on an enemy to take it down when a single slip-up could get me killed just wasn't any fun with such a stiff and clunky combat system.

The first thing you'll wanna buy is the weapon power upgrade and equip it onto your sword. That'll help you out quite a bit. Afterwards, you'll probably wanna get the Demon Edge uppercut (High Time in Devil May Cry) and Flipsaw.

Once you have these moves, you'll be able finish off most enemies by launching them in the air with Demon Edge, unleashing a few combos on them, and ending with a Flipsaw.

Afterwards, just go with whatever suits your style. Many people recommend Harpoon Tackle (Stinger in Devil May Cry) to be one of your first, but it's somewhat useless IMO as it knocks enemies back meaning you can't start a combo with it.

Oh, and don't bother buying the Scythe -- just open the Options menu, select Cheats, and enter the code "The Hollow Lord" which allows you to get the Harvester (same as the Scythe but allows you to siphon more souls) for free. Don't worry, it's the only cheat in the game and everybody uses it so you don't have to feel like a noob.

Anyway, hope these tips make the game a bit more enjoyable for you.

Cheapy, what ever happened to the 360 Slim giveaway contest? You guys mentioned it right after E3, and now there is nothing on the website, and i don't recall you guys ever mentioning any winners.

I'm with Wombat on the slow PS3 updates.

I hate turning on the PS3 and either having to update the system (not so often) or update the game.

When that happens you can easily spend 20mins downloading the update. I really don't get why it's so slow.

I subscribed to PSN+ as they have automatic updates and hopefully that'll just make it happen in the evening and I won't have to deal with it again.

GameStop vs. Steam is an interesting business case. I tend to agree with Wombat for now; they don't seem to be as competitive as people might assume. But Cheapy has a point, too; they are both outlets that sell games. I'm personally not a huge fan of digital distribution; I likes me some physical media. But the majority might eventually go that way, a la Blockbuster vs. Netflix.

Castlevania HD is awesome even though its got plenty of issues. Play it with people you know and your enjoyment will increase exponentially.

[quote name='bubblescrape']Castlevania HD is awesome even though its got plenty of issues. Play it with people you know and your enjoyment will increase exponentially.[/QUOTE]

I'll politely disagree with you on that, but I did want to correct myself and say that the game does start players in different positions. It just wasn't apparent to me in the first couple levels.

Damn Wombat, now I understand your tweet about that appt. What rude people. But it's good that the employee there was stern about the schedules. An Applecare warranty for a new MBP now is like $350. I still haven't bought one. Never had to buy extended warranties for any of my stuff cuz they never break until much later. Maybe I'll get one near the end of the year.

Btw, my new site ain't set up yet so my new domain is a secret. :)

Dohhh, only Cheapy is into Starcraft 2? Guess no CAGcast matches. :(

Cheapy, don't listen to Shipwreck and Wombat. Castlevania :Harmony of Despair is really cool online.
It's just tough when you start a new character. It will take a couple of hours to get some good stuff.
All the levels are well designed (except for Chapter 3). It's like and old school Castle Crashers.

CastleHOD.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conboy View Post
Cheapy, what ever happened to the 360 Slim giveaway contest? You guys mentioned it right after E3, and now there is nothing on the website, and i don't recall you guys ever mentioning any winners.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=264470

Thanks Cheapy. I just didn't recall ever hearing a winner announced on the Cagcast, which is how I thought you were going to handle it. Great job as always.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'll politely disagree with you on that, but I did want to correct myself and say that the game does start players in different positions. It just wasn't apparent to me in the first couple levels.[/QUOTE]

Hey Shipwreck, it sounded to me like you were playing with strangers. Either that, or your friends are just tools. You mentioned you weren't really cooperating with any of the other players, who just ignored you as you during the lever segments. Do you think that could have been a factor to your hatred of the game?

I'm really disappointed by the game's mixed reviews, but I am still interested in gathering a group of friends and trying it someday. I'm not sure how it will work, but I've been reading that DLC is planned for the game.

$90 for tea? fuck that.

And regarding the Alan Wake DLC, they did add in a lot more Taken per square foot. It felt like there were more Taken in tighter areas.

Why was there no cagcast last week just because wombat could not be on?
Not to say wombat sucks, but was does he need to be in every cagcast.
Would it be hard to find a quest or just have Cheapy D and shipwreck do one by them selfs?

[quote name='apathylad']Hey Shipwreck, it sounded to me like you were playing with strangers. Either that, or your friends are just tools. You mentioned you weren't really cooperating with any of the other players, who just ignored you as you during the lever segments. Do you think that could have been a factor to your hatred of the game?

I'm really disappointed by the game's mixed reviews, but I am still interested in gathering a group of friends and trying it someday. I'm not sure how it will work, but I've been reading that DLC is planned for the game.[/QUOTE]

I've played with friends and strangers.

My favorite part of the show was Wombat's experience at the Apple Store. I always seem to get behind people like that at different stores. I have no problem with saying politely but firmly, "Excuse me, I made an appointment and I'm on time. Please wait your turn." Then step in front of them. 90% of those idiots back off. The other 10% I enjoy aggravating.

[quote name='shipwreck']I've played with friends and strangers.[/QUOTE]

Shipwreck, If you haven't totally given up on the game yet I suggest you and Wombat play two player co-op and slowly learn the stages together. I've played a chaotic full 6 player game and a more mellow 2 player and they are different experiences. Ignore the timer and just explore the levels. It takes a bit of grinding to get better gear.

I think character choice is important here. Some characters like Shanoa can bypass obstacles and has a powerful magic attack from the get go but lack in the weapons department while Alucard is not that great until you've found some stronger weapons for him. Soma has a chance to learn new abilities from creatures he defeats so the stronger the creature the better. Find a character that suits you.

If you are sure you've given the game a fair shake then different strokes I guess.

[quote name='Mahoney07']Wombat you're underestimating how many people bought Mass Effect 2 on Steam instead of Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

How many? I tried to google some hard data but couldn't find any. Regardless, how many of those buyers were ever planning to buy it on the 360 at any point and how many of those 360 people bought it at a gamestop. Also let's not forget the profit generated from used sales of the game. I don't think Steam takes much of a bite out of Gamestop's bottom line.

[quote name='Wombat']How many? I tried to google some hard data but couldn't find any. Regardless, how many of those buyers were ever planning to buy it on the 360 at any point and how many of those 360 people bought it at a gamestop. Also let's not forget the profit generated from used sales of the game. I don't think Steam takes much of a bite out of Gamestop's bottom line.[/QUOTE]
I completely agree. I really don't think they compete with each other at all. Mainly for the fact that GameStop doesn't sell that many PC games anymore.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I completely agree. I really don't think they compete with each other at all. Mainly for the fact that GameStop doesn't sell that many PC games anymore.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree too. Gamestop is more about selling Console Games than PC Games. So if you're going to say Steam competes with some other place that sells strictly PC Games...I would suggest finding another PC Gaming Website that sells PC Games.

I'm disappointed Castlevania didn't turn out so hot; I've been hearing not so great things from various gaming sites across the board. It sounds like they threw a bunch of different Castlevania assets together and used that as an excuse for a bare bones game.

And I don't really care for developers only focusing on one aspect of a game, and disregarding everything else. It sounds like there's not any real semblance of a single-player game; sounds like the Lost Planet 2 syndrome of single-player just being 1 person multiplayer. I shouldn't have to play a game under very specific conditions for the game to actually be fun (i.e., "Oh, you just need 3 friends, and to only play the multiplayer, and make sure it's after 7 pm on a Tuesday while you wear a hat") Okay, I may have exaggerated a little bit, but you get the point ;)

I wasn't gonna get C:HoD anyway! From the looks of it, I don't think MNC is gonna be so hot either (GoW ripoff?) but I'd at least try the demo for that. It sounds like the C:HoD demo isn't even worth my hard drive space! :)

I got to say I'm a little exhausted on the Castlevania franchise. They took a good thing and beat us over the head with it repeatedly.

The worst part about nyc is when you have to wait for the train... on broadway laf, and west 4th.. it gets to like 100 degrees down there horrible..

Which apple store did you go to?
Because the one in soho that i go to they are really nice...
When your late for your appointment you have 15 mins until they cancel it
but 1 hour late.. what asshole -.-

Gamestop and Steam cater to different audiences (as of now). There's no way you can compare the 2. Wow, Wombat, are you starting to become a high rolla? Buying $90 tea? Wow.

I have been playing with DQ IX as well. I must say this game is pretty addictive.

Someone needs to make gifs of you fatalities!

I definitely agree with Shipwreck that Wombat would like the game, mainly since there's a ton of customization/dress-up. Also Shipwreck, the Alchemy Pot
is in the Stornway Inn, along with pretty much everything else multiplayer related.

[quote name='KingBroly']I definitely agree with Shipwreck that Wombat would like the game, mainly since there's a ton of customization/dress-up. Also Shipwreck, the Alchemy Pot
is in the Stornway Inn, along with pretty much everything else multiplayer related.
[/QUOTE]

Also, when you learn the Zoom spell you can teleport to old towns instantly.

bread's done
Back