COD Black Ops Impressions/Expectations

wrecktum662

CAGiversary!
So from what you've seen of the upcoming Call of Duty Title, what expectations do you have? I think it will be a great game in the sense that it's probably gonna steal a lot from Modern Warfare 2. The commercial alone made me think that when they used a song by Eminem like MW2 did. Should be good but unoriginal, and hopefully theyll have zombies again, because that was in my opinion the only bit of WaW that I enjoyed

probably as in stealth missions. there were actually quite a few missions like that now that i think about it

well IW lost the 2 main guys so who knows if theyre even up to par with that they were capable of before. those guys had A LOT to do with what made up the modern warfare games

Frankly I'm getting a bit tired of these games. Unless Treyarch does something fresh with it, I doubt I will even touch it.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Frankly I'm getting a bit tired of these games. Unless Treyarch does something fresh with it, I doubt I will even touch it.[/QUOTE]

same. i might play if my friend gets a copy but no way im buying it. IW > Treyarch. Thats been my opinion since cod 2. 2 was better than 1, 4 better than 3, mw2 better then waw

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Frankly I'm getting a bit tired of these games. Unless Treyarch does something fresh with it, I doubt I will even touch it.[/QUOTE]
They add more than any sports game does and people eat up those games. I don't get whats wrong if a shooter does it.

I'll be picking it up. I know its going to be a lot of the same but its something kind of new. I loved the spec ops part of MW2 but I"m so pissed they havent added on to it or even made a horde like game mode. I don't care if a game uses elements from other games, especially if it makes it more fun.

Expectations? It will be just another COD game. Every COD has been the exact same thing aside from setting changes and graphical improvements. You have a short training thing, then your on foot, then your on foot again, then you snipe some, then you defend a area, then you ride in a vehicle someplace, then your on foot, then you defend something, then on foot, then ride in a vechile shooting using its guns or maybe driving briefly, then on foot, then defend and its over. And the whole thing will take like 5 or 6 hours. Every single COD is exactly the same layout, same style, same feel, same type of kinetic action and the same game. Its like they have a cookie cutter and each time put more sprinkles on top because thats all activision does is shit out the same game every year.

[quote name='beachbum662']well IW lost the 2 main guys so who knows if theyre even up to par with that they were capable of before. those guys had A LOT to do with what made up the modern warfare games[/QUOTE]

IW lost a lot more than just 2 main guys

A better, more focused single player game for one. MW2 was just way too over the top, and it was all said and done in 5 hours. Bleh.

Multiplayer needs some retooling. Im not a horrible player but i certainly dont want to be matched up against people that have a 1.5 kill ratio, leveled up to 55, and have all the cool attachments and perks while Im sitting here at level 10 and get killed over and over again just to barely grab a few kills here and there. Lobbies need to be seperated to player rand and kill ratio.

to me rank doesnt matter. because i played MW1 i was able to match up with people who had already prestiged a few times when i started MW2

I'm getting kind of sick of COD games tbh, although that might be to do with MW2 being, in my opinion, absolute shit.

Lets hope Black Ops can raise the bar, and I really hope they don't stick to much to the MW2 game formula, like cod5 did with cod4 =/

[quote name='dustdust']More like "camping"[/QUOTE]

Yup.
Campaign seems promising though. MP look like mw2, but treyarch threw some new shit in there with better graphics and such.

bread's done
Back