Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/8/10 to 8/14/10) Madden NFL 11 Edition

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#91 tracsportva

tracsportva

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, i was hoping for some sort of xbox360/tv combo with Madden.....now I am wondering what my best bet is getting an xbox360....which one, again I am just a casual gamer.....i was at best buy yesterday and didnt see the 4gb...system...alot of arcade models, and I am traveling up to mircocenter tomorrow....is that place worth it ?

#92 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

I'm pretty sure gift cards can't expire in California. Don't know about other states, though.

Retailers can set expiration dates on gift cards in CA as long as it is advertised as "free with purchase" like these and the date is clearly printed on the gift cards. Gift cards that you just go into the store and buy, now those can't have expiration dates.

#93 battra92

battra92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

So...now that it's been out now, is the PSPGo really worth it? Thinking about picking one up, if I could get a used one at GS for 149 would it be a good investment?

I think the general consensus online is that it's better to get a regular PSP and a memory card.

#94 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

Dear Target,

Please give me Splinter Cell Conviction and Alan Wake for $30 each.

Thanks,

Your loyal customer

Kmart is selling both for 39.99 each with a 20 dollar game coupon for next purchase for each title.

#95 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

Kmart is selling both for 39.99 each with a 20 dollar game coupon for next purchase for each title.

Great deal. I'll be picking up Alan Wake if this is true.

#96 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

Wonder if I buy Madden and Alan Wake,could i return Madden for a refund and keep Alan Wake for the $20 i bought it for??

No.

#97 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

Has anyone seen any concrete confirmation of an ACII game of the year edition?

I have been holding out on picking up the game since I would prefer the GotY, but I seem to rememeber the Fallout GotY at least had some official details floating around by mid-summer.

If the GotY edition is just a rumor, I may just go ahead and pick up ACII before it becomes Greatest Hits.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#98 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

I'm considering picking up Madden this year. I haven't played/bought a football game since NFL 2K1 or whichever had T. O. On the cover. I'm a few bucks away from hitting silver premier so maybe I'll pick it up at BB.

#99 its delicious

its delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

It is very common to see ACII at $19.99 elsewhere.

#100 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

So...now that it's been out now, is the PSPGo really worth it? Thinking about picking one up, if I could get a used one at GS for 149 would it be a good investment?

I really like mine, but it frustrates me a LOT whenever I see physical media on sale, which is always more often than digital media on sale.
sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#101 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

It is very common to see ACII at $19.99 elsewhere.

Like say right now at Gamestop.
Posted Image

#102 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

I don't consider that a deal at all. For one I'm forced to buy sports garbage if I want to buy an actual game =\

#103 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

It's worth it if you're a tool who wants to be locked in to full MSRP on PSP games no matter how old they are...

#104 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

Eh, nothing good.

#105 BLUEMANRULE

BLUEMANRULE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

I would love to see a reward program. If one exists, I'd like to be made aware of it.
Posted Image
Let's get it!

#106 Bonesinski

Bonesinski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

I don't consider that a deal at all. For one I'm forced to buy sports garbage if I want to buy an actual game =\

No one is forcing you to buy anything. Don't like sports games than why enter the tread in the first place. Not every deal is good for everyone. I'd be all over this but I already have it pre-ordered through Amazon with the $20 credit.

#107 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

Blur is not worth paying full price even with the gift card. Unless of course, you missed out on the best buy promotion awhile back.

So you start by saying that its NOT worth full price, but then go on to say that it IS worth full price if you missed out on the BB deal... I'm confused.

Anyway, Blur is a great game. I've always been a PGR fan and even though this game is very different from PGR, it still has that PGR feel to it. Once you get some decent cars its a blast to play online. Definitely worth $60 with a $40 gift card in my opinion.

#108 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

Wonder if I buy Madden and Alan Wake,could i return Madden for a refund and keep Alan Wake for the $20 i bought it for??

I did this last week at TRU. I bought Brutal Legend and got Dead Space for $8.49 then took Brutal Legend back for a full refund of $20.55. If you decide to try it I would go to 2 different stores.

#109 its delicious

its delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

So you start by saying that its NOT worth full price, but then go on to say that it IS worth full price if you missed out on the BB deal... I'm confused.

Yeah, that was confusing. I think what he was getting at is that his price point is about $20 net for this game. I think. :drool:

This is how one starts trouble on the Internet, trying to decipher what others have written.

#110 Muse1011

Muse1011

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

How can they justify Just Cause 2 new for $30 as opposed to Alan Wake new for $20? Just Cause 2 has been out longer and while still being a very fun game, is not a AAA title.

#111 PS3_Moose

PS3_Moose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

Sunday is the last day for the Power saver sale at Gamestop, right? So would it be possible to match the DJ hero price and also get the gift card?

#112 its delicious

its delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

How can they justify Just Cause 2 new for $30 as opposed to Alan Wake new for $20? Just Cause 2 has been out longer and while still being a very fun game, is not a AAA title.

Probably because Just Cause is far more accessible and reaches a wider audience. There are some who tune out a game if it even hints at being intellectual.

#113 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

I found Blur to be great fun and played near daily for about 6 weeks until I had been in over 180 online races without a victory.

WOW... I'm pretty sure I got my first online victory the first night I played... You must be either exceptionally unlucky or racing games are not your forte. Blur is pretty forgiving given the powerups, etc.

#114 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Why would you spend $60 on Blur? I know you're getting a $40 GC but that comes after.

#115 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Sunday is the last day for the Power saver sale at Gamestop, right? So would it be possible to match the DJ hero price and also get the gift card?

Price match where? Toys R Us and Gamestop don't do price matching.

#116 DKYang

DKYang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

Why would you spend $60 on Blur? I know you're getting a $40 GC but that comes after.

No one is paying $60 for Blur. It's $20 for Blur and $40 for the gift card.

#117 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

No one is paying $60 for Blur. It's $20 for Blur and $40 for the gift card.

DKYang,

You are wrong, you have to pay $60 plus tax and they give you blur and a $40 GC. Try paying the cashier $20 and see if they give you the game.

#118 mbeezy

mbeezy

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

I pre-ordered my Madden copy over a month ago, so I already got my 500 bonus points. I only put $5 down though, so I can use the $10 off when I purchase the rest of it. So it's only $50 and I assume I can use it with these other deals as well.

#119 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

Madden is garbage... I don't want to buy it.. but I feel like I may end up buying it anyway. I'd like to buy it used!
Posted Image

#120 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

Has anyone seen any concrete confirmation of an ACII game of the year edition?

I have been holding out on picking up the game since I would prefer the GotY, but I seem to rememeber the Fallout GotY at least had some official details floating around by mid-summer.

If the GotY edition is just a rumor, I may just go ahead and pick up ACII before it becomes Greatest Hits.

there isnt much DLC to warrent a GOTY edition. its just two chapters that seemed like they were intentionally left out of the game to charge for dlc