466 replies to this topic

#1 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

Released 11/16/10

Official Website - Amazon Listing - GameStop Listing

FREE Exclusive DLC!

Gameplay Videos (Diaries May Contain Spoilers)
~ MP Video 1 - MP Video 2 - Dev Diary #1 - Dev Diary #2 - Dev Diary #3 - Dev Diary #4 ~

Pre-Order Bonuses

Posted Image Amazon Posted Image

Pre-order this game and get $15 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Also receive a code to download the Amazon.com exclusive Helmschmied Drachen armor. The code to access the armor will be sent within seven (7) days of the date your game ships. Offers valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Spoiler

Posted Image Best Buy Posted Image

Few have seen him. Even fewer have lived to tell about it. He stalks his prey through teeming masses of humanity, accomplishes his mission with a wicked thrust of his blade, and vanishes into the shadows. He is Death's finest ally: The Officer. Just pre-order Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and you'll get a code in-pack to unlock this Best Buy exclusive character.

Spoiler

Posted Image GameStop Posted Image

Reserve Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and receive the GameStop exclusive multiplayer character, Harlequin. Behind the gaudy costume and twisted smile lies the soul of a merciless Assassin. You call yourself the Harlequin. Your victims will call you a walking nightmare. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts. Additionally, receive a beta code with your $5 deposit.

Spoiler

Collector's Edition ($100)

*The Doctor Jack-in-the-Box Collectible (available at all other participating retailers) or Harlequin Jack-in-the-Box Collectible (exclusive to GameStop customers only)
*Two Exclusive In-Game Single Player Maps
*Hard Copy Strategy Map of Rome
*Exclusive Art Book
*Bonus Disc:
*Exclusive Making-of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Video
*Digital Sneak Peak at the Assassin's Creed Comic
*Trailers
*Game Soundtrack

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Jodou, 23 November 2010 - 03:38 PM.

#2 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

The nerd in me must have this, but I hate how there's two. I'm thinking the GS version might be more rare, but I prefer the doctor. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

#3 Sycowulf

Sycowulf

Somewhat Damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

I may have to switch my order from GS to Amazon, the Plague Doctor is way cooler than the Harlequin...

#4 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

I may have to switch my order from GS to Amazon, the Plague Doctor is way cooler than the Harlequin...

Yeah, more Tim Burton-ish. Plus Amazon gets the unique armor (fucking badass IMO) over a multiplayer skin.

Just waiting on Amazon to list the CE. . .

#5 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Yeah idk if gamestop had the choice of which one they wanted, but if they did they really dropped the ball. The doctor is so much cooler. Too bad it wasnt GS version because i have 214 credit to spend. :( Then again, usbisoft games go down to 40 bucks really quick, so i dunno if the extra stuff is worth 40-60 dollars more. But i am a fan of the series.

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#6 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

No steelbook? Pass. Seriously, If you're going to go Collector's Edition, at least throw in a steelbook case, not something I can get off the shelf and could never tell the difference.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#7 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

NOOO I want the codex box, but seriously, for $100, I personally think GT5 got a better collector edition than this.

#8 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

$40 for a most likely poor quality Jack n the box? That's a little steep.

#9 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

$40 for a most likely poor quality Jack n the box? That's a little steep.

Same thing I thought about the GoWIII box. At least this soundtrack is on a disc and can't be downloaded by anyone, though!

#10 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

Love the armor. I have a $20 Gamestop code that is making this tempting. :)

nihilence.png

#11 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

are there any videos up of the mp part of this game in action?

#12 Sycowulf

Sycowulf

Somewhat Damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

are there any videos up of the mp part of this game in action?

http://www.gametrail...ns-creed/700342

http://www.gametrail...ns-creed/700340

Looks pretty cool to me, even though I am in it mostly for the single player.

#13 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

hmmm multiplayer looks really boring to me. Just walking around till you see a guy and kill him. And chasing others on the rooftops will just get frustrating when you end up jumping or falling when you wanted to do something else.

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#14 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:30 PM

http://www.gametrail...ns-creed/700342

http://www.gametrail...ns-creed/700340

Looks pretty cool to me, even though I am in it mostly for the single player.

thanks for the links. eh it seems ok but theres still alot id like to know. still hoping to see an online tenchu game.

#15 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

Cleaned up the OP a bit for readability and added MP footage links; thanks Sycowulf!

#16 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:01 AM

hmmm multiplayer looks really boring to me. Just walking around till you see a guy and kill him. And chasing others on the rooftops will just get frustrating when you end up jumping or falling when you wanted to do something else.

The multiplayer is awesome, I was not really looking forward to the game until I played it at E3. Then I played it 7 times in one day. It's a lot different then most rehashes of multiplayer game modes and you run into a lot of fun scenarios; plus pretending to be an NPC is funny.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#17 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:04 AM

The multiplayer is awesome, I was not really looking forward to the game until I played it at E3. Then I played it 7 times in one day. It's a lot different then most rehashes of multiplayer game modes and you run into a lot of fun scenarios; plus pretending to be an NPC is funny.

so you can dress up like an avg civillian and kill another online player?

#18 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:16 AM

I want the Harlequin, but I'd rather buy it off Amazon :(
Think I could preorder both and return the Amazon one to Game Stop?

#19 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:32 AM

Some people will cry foul about that, but we're not your mother. Do what you want.

#20 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:38 AM

No steelbook? Pass. Seriously, If you're going to go Collector's Edition, at least throw in a steelbook case, not something I can get off the shelf and could never tell the difference.

I hear you. I'm a sucker for these things sadly. But ya there so lazy with these, they just throw the regular edition game in with the collectors edition. The only one i can think of with a different case is bioshock. This Assassins creed is over priced, but i will get it. The thing is you never know if these will clearance, or become rare. Most likely clearance though. As for the above post I think the GOW 3 edition was one of the worst over priced collector editions ever .
Posted Image

#21 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:44 AM

I want more CE's to be like the MGS4 one. Game, Bluray, Soundtrack, and cool packaging. Don't need a fuckin jack in the box.

#22 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:47 AM

Some people will cry foul about that, but we're not your mother. Do what you want.

I didn't mean should I do it, but would it be possible to?
Like is there any difference in bar code or anything?

#23 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

I didn't mean should I do it, but would it be possible to?
Like is there any difference in bar code or anything?

The GS barcode might be different, but it doesn't matter since they'd have both in the system. At any rate, I don't think they even need to scan it with the receipt.

#24 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:58 AM

The GS barcode might be different, but it doesn't matter since they'd have both in the system. At any rate, I don't think they even need to scan it with the receipt.

Oh cool. Thanks.

#25 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:12 AM

They're going to have different UPCs without a doubt. Don't plan on being able to do it.

#26 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:52 AM

so you can dress up like an avg civillian and kill another online player?

No, the character you choose: the Barber, harlequin, doctor, priest ect. ect. Is yours for that round (nobody else can choose the one you chose). And all the civilians are duplicates of yours and other peoples characters, so there will be groups of: barbers, doctors ect. And nobody playing has a name/indicator showing that they are an actual person. So finding out who is a real player and who is an NPC is tricky if your target is decent at blending in.

#27 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:06 AM

No, the character you choose: the Barber, harlequin, doctor, priest ect. ect. Is yours for that round (nobody else can choose the one you chose). And all the civilians are duplicates of yours and other peoples characters, so there will be groups of: barbers, doctors ect. And nobody playing has a name/indicator showing that they are an actual person. So finding out who is a real player and who is an NPC is tricky if your target is decent at blending in.

thats sounds challenging and interesting. i wont get this day 1 but ill definetly get it.

#28 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Ah that actually sounds interesting. So if you kill a civilian there would be negative consequences right?

#29 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

This is an incredibly weak offer IMO, and at $100? Good lord.

UjCoyFa.png

#30 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

Ah that actually sounds interesting. So if you kill a civilian there would be negative consequences right?

Yea you lose your target and have to wait a bit to be assigned a new one. Also you get more points assassinating your target without him knowing. IF you start running towards your target he will be alerted and can run away. If he loses you then you have to get another target; which wastes your time.