Photo
- - - - -

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PS3 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#271 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

Any reason why some of the assassin contracts red diamonds, while some are red stars?

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#272 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

I think the red star ones are tied to the facebook game- but i may be wrong. the stars also seem to offer items as part of the reward.
Spoiler

#273 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

For your amusement, a funny glitch I ran into last night:

Speaking of glitches, I had loaded up my game last night after already beating the storyline in order to try to earn some trophies. I tried replaying a memory and also jumping off the top of the Castelo with a parachute and neither trophy unlocked. I thought it might have been because I had just accessed Uplay (this was a problem in AC2), so I quit completely out of the game and tried again, but it still didn't work. Kind of annoying. Also, after you beat the game, the 'leave animus' menu option goes away, so be sure you explore present-day and find one artifact for that trophy before you finish the game. Just kind of odd that I invested so much time, finished the game, and only now after completing it am I running into glitches.
Posted Image

#274 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

I experienced a few glitches in my play through. Ezio got stuck in a few walls, causing me to reset.

The funniest one was when i killed a guy on horseback, and his hands didn't release from the horse so he had crazy taffy arms.
Spoiler

#275 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

Just finished... Uhh... What just happened?... That was cool I guess.

#276 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Any reason why some of the assassin contracts red diamonds, while some are red stars?

Red star missions are slightly harder, but award a quest item that you need for shop missions. It will specify what item in the rewards area before taking it, so there's no guess work.

#277 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:26 AM

Anyone still play the online multiplayer? I've just been having a blast with it (minus the people who run around the whole time). It's a breathe of fresh air and just pure fun.

I've yet to touch single player, but I still need to beat II.

test.gif

#278 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I still play online from time to time. I haven't touched it in about a week or so, with BFBC2: Vietnam out and the 4x cash in Uncharted 2 going on. I'm experiencing a trophy glitch, so I'm kind of waiting for the next patch before I spend too much more time in AC:B.
Posted Image

#279 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

I'm going to be playing it once I get it... which is hopefully sooner than later. Didn't want it at all until I learned about the MP.

#280 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

I've been playing a lot of the single player campaign, and MP here and there. I should be on a few times this week, I'm trying to finish up three more MP trophies.

#281 GuyWithGun

GuyWithGun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

Woo-hoo! Just got the Collector's Edition for Christmas!

I knew I was getting the game, but the Collector's Edition was a complete and pleasant surprise. Not something I would have bought for myself.
Posted Image

Thanks to Tiphireth for the help and modium for the pics.

#282 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

Well, whaddayaknow, a 1.04 patch just came out. Time to give it a spin.

test.gif

#283 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:09 AM

Give me your doctor jack-in-the-box.

#284 GuyWithGun

GuyWithGun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:59 AM

Give me your doctor jack-in-the-box.

Yeah, ummm, I'm thinking I'm keeping that.
Posted Image

Thanks to Tiphireth for the help and modium for the pics.

#285 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

Good games last night combatrhombus.

As for the patch, I haven't had a hang on the matchmaking loading screen. However, whenever I exit the game and re-enter, my profiles and persona settings are all erased/reset.

test.gif

#286 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

We started out strong and finished weak those last two...I was getting tired. I've noticed that I've lost my profiles a couple times as well, but it much better now that your not sitting in a loading screen for 10-15 minutes waiting to find a game.

As far as single player goes, is there any reason to hold on to items or should I just sell them as soon as I get them?

#287 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

Don't sell them, you'll need some of them for the Shop Quests.

#288 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

I just got to the point where
Spoiler
I feel like the game just started and I'm like 5 hours into it.

Traversal in Rome seems to be a major pain in the butt though.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#289 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

The game is really as long as you want it to be. I beat it after putting in 20 hours, and I still have enough Thief/Cort missions to play for another 5+ hours.
Spoiler

#290 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

The game is really as long as you want it to be. I beat it after putting in 20 hours, and I still have enough Thief/Cort missions to play for another 5+ hours.

Yeah, I beat the main storyline yesterday(damn war machine trophies glitched on me!!!). Now its time to do all the side stories.

#291 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:15 AM

Well, whaddayaknow, a 1.04 patch just came out. Time to give it a spin.

What's in the new patch?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)

#292 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:20 AM

What's in the new patch?

I posted about it but say it again, but from what I played on multi, better matchmaking. However, many people are getting the profile/persona reset glitch. Whenever they turn on/reset their game, profiles and personas are erased/reset. This problem is happening to others as well, as indicated by posts on the official ubisoft forum for AC:B.

test.gif

#293 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Ahh sorry I didn't see it.. just joined this thread got this game on Black Friday deal but only started playing it.. haven't tried multiplayer yet, though. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)

#294 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:26 AM

btw how many of you UNDERSTAND what this game story is all about????
if you know history you would realize who CESARE BORGIA and his FAMILY were
they were pure freaks, they had sex with each other as family members( the game shows this not sure if you noticed ), they were sadistic and seek pure dominance by any means.

Also THE POPE basically made sure his son CESARE BORGIA became THE FACE OF JESUS, look at his face in the game THAT'S JESUS FACE. Remember when the famous painter was called to Rome in AC2?. That's why the religious WARNING has been there since day 1 on AC games, they are referencing very religious content in this game that might offend somebody.

The Modern side of the story is basically about the "Illuminati" and their goal of creating prophecy( WORLD ENDS IN 2012 via SUN) then using the APPLE to dominate the entire world, just like the last boss on AC1 was controlling everybody, they seek that type of control but they need to create prophecy first, Asssasin's are trying to stop that.

This game is deep like that, I don't think many understand what is going on with this game, some just get lost in the story of Ezio and forget he is just one aspect of a story that is crossing the religious lines and breaking the 4th wall in video games, UBISOFT ARE ACTUALLY TEACHING YOU THEIR BELIEFS( again that's why the religious warning comes on the screen) this isn't FICTION, this game is all about CONSPIRACY, FACTS, BELIEFS all rolled into a open world game.

Thanks for that. I didn't know about the Jesus thing. That's pretty messed up. I don't remember that painter in AC2 though, but I'm definitely gonna check out some links on the Borgia-face of Jesus. Who said video games couldn't be educational? :)

I don't know if Ubisoft is necessarily preaching with Assassin's Creed, but I do love the combination of the historical, religious, and conspiracy aspects.

#295 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

Well, I followed what a certain post said on the ubi forums and deleted my game data (not the save data). After reinstalling the game and the update, my profiles were fixed.

test.gif

#296 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

Just got this for Xmas. I beat AC2 about 6 weeks ago or so, so I'll jump into this soon (while multi-player is still popular hopefully). I just need to finish up the last temple in 3d dot game heroes first.

#297 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

I have no idea what to do here:
Spoiler

CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#298 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

I have no idea what to do here:

Spoiler

Every time a guy got on a horse, there was usually a horse for me to get on nearby. Whats the name of the memory?

#299 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:57 AM

It doesn't matter. I finally got by it after about 15 failures. Such an annoying mission. This game has a lot of annoying missions where there are like 3 or 4 in a row without a break. They're not fun or clever, and more often than not are a major nuisance.

Also, about the overall arc of Assassin's Creed
Spoiler

CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#300 chrislisting

chrislisting

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:33 AM

i just got ac:b but i dont know if its worth keeping. i paid 35 for it and amazon is givin 30 for it so its a good time to trade BUT before i do.............

is it a fantastic game? does it have high replay value (especially/specifically multiplayer)? i mean the reviews arent very kind, but i dont alwahys beleive reviews. anyway, i have red dead redemption, just cause 2, 3d dot heroes, bfbc2, black ops, and lbp...........based on that, do you think i should just hold on to it or trade it? what really interested me was the multiplayer, but its kinda weird. thanks