Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PS3 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#121 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:29 PM

Why am I running into so many kids with a mic? Is this normal for PS3 games? IT seems like every game there is always 1-3 kids in it and always actively talking.

Why do they always have bluetooth mics !!

#122 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:25 AM

Why am I running into so many kids with a mic? Is this normal for PS3 games? IT seems like every game there is always 1-3 kids in it and always actively talking.

Why do they always have bluetooth mics !!

Probably because it's a beta? Kids have been popping up on the PSN more lately, toss them a free game to play and they'll flock to it. Make them pay for it and you won't see nearly as much.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#123 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:02 AM

Probably because it's a beta? Kids have been popping up on the PSN more lately, toss them a free game to play and they'll flock to it. Make them pay for it and you won't see nearly as much.

Sounds promising. Hopefully parents wont be purchasing them Brotherhood... at least until Christmas so I can get some peaceful game sessions in before that.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#124 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

God dammit I knew it. 51 trophies and one of them is to max your online level to 50. There had better be a mode worth playing because DM is trash.

#125 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

Just a heads up, but the beta ends today. Pretty odd timing seeing as the game isn't due for another month. Also, I do have some good news for us trophy whores. Remember all those annoying collectibles like flags, feathers, etc? Eagle vision will now reveal these and MARK them on the map, which actually gives us a reason to use it now amirite?! Now if only they could unlock useful things in the game. . .

#126 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

Too bad I never got in the beta...well, I guess not too bad because 97% of people said the beta sucked.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#127 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Too bad I never got in the beta...well, I guess not too bad because 97% of people said the beta sucked.

If you play with all friends, it has some potential I suppose. I only played for about an hour that first night of live and saw all I needed to lol. Of course, they could be changing a lot over the next month since this is just beta but I'm not holding my breath. SP is going to rock anyways, so no skin off my nose if it still sucks.

Also, new trailer!

Edited by Jodou, 18 October 2010 - 07:16 PM.

#128 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

When does it end today? We should try to get a CAG game going if possible.

#129 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:44 AM

Ok Jodou we get that you played for an hour, didn't do well and played with some shitty people and now you are running the hate campaign on the MP. Don't scare everyone off of it! It's awesome.

I do agree that the MP suffered at beta launch - because nobody knew how to play. But once people started actually trying and realizing running around = no points. It was a blast.

(Rank 20)

When does it end today? We should try to get a CAG game going if possible.

I think me and you are the only ones that play it now. Jodou scared them all away! :D

#130 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:20 AM

Man, if I scared them off, wait til they play the game!

ZING!

#131 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:20 AM

Wow, didn't even know the beta ended today. Kinda early in my opinion, but the MP was actually pretty good. The only thing that sucked was waiting for a game. I think one of my longest waits was 45 minutes, at least I had stumble upon keeping me company waiting for a damn match to start.

I think Rome was my least favorite map. Since everybody wants to climb and scale rooftops, it really kills the idea of being stealthy and stalking your prey. I agree that they need to tweak stunning your pursuer. I don't know how many times I sprung a trap to have them chase me, then trying to stun them only to get killed in the process.

I had a lot of fun with the beta and might look for it when amazon drops it by 20 bucks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#132 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

I ended up not playing tonight but I'll still be getting the game so I'll be up for some matches. It'll be nice to finally be able to do some private games and try the other modes.

#133 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:36 AM

Would they release the retailer exclusive MP skins later on? Hard to decide between the 3 exclusive skins from the 3 different retailers but I lean towards the Amazon one and the $15 credit is a plus.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#134 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:33 AM

Man, if I scared them off, wait til they play the game!

ZING!

"I got to level 5 in an MMORPG - I'm now qualified to say if this game is bad or not!" :booty:

Would they release the retailer exclusive MP skins later on? Hard to decide between the 3 exclusive skins from the 3 different retailers but I lean towards the Amazon one and the $15 credit is a plus.

What 3? All i've seen is the Harlequin. Any links?

#135 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:51 AM

What 3? All i've seen is the Harlequin. Any links?

They are all in the OP.

Amazon - Helmschmied Drachen armor
BB - The Officer
GS - Harlequin skin
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#136 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:10 AM

They are all in the OP.

Amazon - Helmschmied Drachen armor
BB - The Officer
GS - Harlequin skin

Ooo BB is the Officer, sweet.

But the Amazon skin is not MP :(

#137 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

Honestly, you'd be better off NOT getting a MP exclusive skin. Just think on day one how many jesters and officers are going to be running around. If you stick to something plain in the menu, then you should get picked off less often. Also, I know that once a character has been selected, it becomes grayed out. That would be a pretty raw deal to only allow one jester and one officer per game lol. Pretty much makes that pre-order bonus worthless IMO.

Just get the Amazon armor, because it's the best of the three and not MP dependent.

#138 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

Honestly, you'd be better off NOT getting a MP exclusive skin. Just think on day one how many jesters and officers are going to be running around. If you stick to something plain in the menu, then you should get picked off less often. Also, I know that once a character has been selected, it becomes grayed out. That would be a pretty raw deal to only allow one jester and one officer per game lol. Pretty much makes that pre-order bonus worthless IMO.

Just get the Amazon armor, because it's the best of the three and not MP dependent.

I was actually thinking that the MP skins for this game are actually the best. Because if any other game ever does exclusive skins, you'll see everyone with the same skin all the time. But in this game only one person gets it, so you can still feel unique and have an different skin. And I'm also fast when I select my skin so I never get the left overs (unless I join mid game).

#139 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

I really dont think there will be any more preorder skins over regular ones. The majority of people that get this game will not have preordered it so therefore will not have any
Posted Image

#140 Bazylik

Bazylik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

God dammit I knew it. 51 trophies and one of them is to max your online level to 50. There had better be a mode worth playing because DM is trash.

Damn it, there goes my chance to plat that sucker :cry:.. I just platted AC2 and had a blast doing it.
Do you know if Eagle Vision will reveal and mark the feathers that you don't even see? You could easily see a feather in EV at quite large distances in AC2 it just wasn't marked on a map.

#141 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

Do you know if Eagle Vision will reveal and mark the feathers that you don't even see? You could easily see a feather in EV at quite large distances in AC2 it just wasn't marked on a map.

Quite honestly I don't know. I'd imagine they have to be in view, but that shouldn't be hard since you'll be up on view points a lot. I'd just turn on the vision and sweep the area until the map is lit up with flags.

#142 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

I hate online achievements. Ive gotten all achievements in AC and AC2, and unless the MP is good, or you can level up fast, i wont be getting them all in brotherhood.

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#143 Bazylik

Bazylik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

Quite honestly I don't know. I'd imagine they have to be in view, but that shouldn't be hard since you'll be up on view points a lot. I'd just turn on the vision and sweep the area until the map is lit up with flags.

Yeah, but there were more than few kind of out of sight, you really had to go out of your way to find them. Oh well, there will always be guides for this stuff.

Destructoid has a nice preview of the solo campaign
www.destructoid.com/impressions-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-single-player

#144 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, but there were more than few kind of out of sight, you really had to go out of your way to find them. Oh well, there will always be guides for this stuff.

Oh, I know. I've done the collection stuff to 100% for both games. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually put them in cool spots, but they're dicks about it and hide them under crates in a boat. At least this will help when trying to track them down using a guide.

#145 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:21 PM

PlayStation Blog Europe posted this AC:B update which contains probably the laziest list of improvements I've seen:

Improvements / Fixes:
Improved Matchmaking
Improved Voice Chat
Improved Lock Mechanism
Improved Stun
Improved Climbing Control
Improved Sound
Improved Kill Cams
Improved Scoring Display
Improved End Game Screen
Improved Rematch

Added Features:
New Group Lobby System
Teammate Indicators in Alliance Mode
Pursuer Proximity Sound
Gun and Firecrackers Crowd Reaction
Player Levels in Player List
Team Score in Menus

But hey, at least it means they've been making improvements. "Pursuer Proximity Sound" and "Improved Stun" sound like they have potential. I wish they had just provided any kind of info on what these actually mean.

#146 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

Until they add fatigue for running, I don't care.

#147 charles1028

charles1028

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

Just a heads up, amazon is giving a $15 video game credit with purchase of Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood.

#148 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Good news, friends: I have it on high authority that PS3 is getting FREE exclusive day one DLC involving Copernicus (you know, the guy who theorized that not everything revolved around us/earth) and a special side mission to silence the haters of his ideas. No word of when or if 360 gets this, so be sure to stick out your tongue at them.

#149 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:12 PM

LOL, high authority - you mean the press release? :p It's not enough to get me to buy the PS3 version, because to stab my friends repeatedly I'll need to play on Xbox :\ I did put a deposit down on the CE at GS because I want to save my Amazon credit for an iPod, but yeah, the doctor JITB is way cooler.
Posted Image

#150 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

LOL, high authority - you mean the press release? :p

Haha, I was just Frenching it up to sound all important.