Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PS3 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#151 Bazylik

Bazylik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Good news, friends: I have it on high authority that PS3 is getting FREE exclusive day one DLC involving Copernicus (you know, the guy who theorized that not everything revolved around us/earth) and a special side mission to silence the haters of his ideas. No word of when or if 360 gets this, so be sure to stick out your tongue at them.

Yeah my home boy Kopernik (Copernicus) is in da house. I will be gladly silencing those fools. lol, noobs thought the earth was flat and shit.

#152 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

9.25 says Game Informer, so I think once I finish Castlevania this will be up next on the play list!

#153 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

I have to finish Vanquish AND Castlevania to get ready for this; I wanted to play through the first two AC games, but whatever. I'll just skip the SP for a while and go online all stabby.
Posted Image

#154 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

I'm excited for this.. Got to wrap up FlingSmash and Kirby this week to clear my plate.
Spoiler

#155 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

Dev Diary #4 is up:

#156 Bazylik

Bazylik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

9.25... lol, what kind of score is that? pffrr, reviewers these days..

Anyway, that's also my plan to finish Castlevania and get on with AC:B since the story is still fresh in my head.

#157 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

not sure if i should grab this game

i love and i am still playing AC2 but maybe i can wait for it to drop or just pre-order it.
I am sucker for any type of history and I really want to try the multiplayer :D

gotta make a decision before nov 16 :whee:

#158 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

HEADS UP! The Collector's edition is now $89.99 and per Amazon's pre-order price guarantee you're due for a $10 refund if they charged you full price! I just sent off an email to get a refund and you should do the same in case they raise the price by tomorrow.

#159 jcally

jcally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

Anyone gotten their Amazon DLC code yet? Seems like I normally get them before the game ships.

19740.png

3DS: 4124-5509-6700 /  Wii U: jcally

#160 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

Anyone gotten their Amazon DLC code yet? Seems like I normally get them before the game ships.

I wouldn't expect it until tomorrow and no, haven't seen it.

#161 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

I got my Gamestop code. Look for it on eBay soon.

Collector's edition orderers: Give me your Doctor jack-in-the-boxes. GIVE THEM TO ME.

#162 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

Hah, I'll have my Harlequin code on the Bay too, I think. Unfortunately, it's about all the enjoyment I can get from the game as trying to play online was a total fail after I got home from the midnight launch.
Posted Image

#163 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

I posted in the other thread, but here's more appropriate...

Will I miss out a lot (blanks here and there) if I play AC:B before ACII? Thanks!

#164 Bazylik

Bazylik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

I posted in the other thread, but here's more appropriate...

Will I miss out a lot (blanks here and there) if I play AC:B before ACII? Thanks!

I replied in the other thread.
In short. Yes, you will.

#165 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

Like we would know lol. The game just came out today. There's a few references I'm sure, but who knows what all will be spoiled if you haven't played AC II.

#166 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

oyi... looks like i might have to play ACII first then... thanks guys.

#167 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Has anyone picked up their copy from GameStop? I'd like to know how or if the pre-order bonus was packaged together. I'm hoping GS just prints a code on your receipt.

#168 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

Can you remove armor in this game? Or is it like ACII where, once you bought it, you were stuck with it and could only switch between armor.

#169 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

Alright, for the lowdown on pre-order DLC: GameStop prints on your receipt and Best Buy is packaged in. However, the case for BB has zero indication that the DLC is inside, but you can view it through the plastic if you hold it at a certain angle. There's no sticker, different cover art -- nothing different about the BB copy, so don't buy it unless you can see the insert inside.

All the content is on the disc, so the code you get just unlocks it. Maybe someone can hack a save file to unlock all content. . .

#170 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:43 AM

Finished the first two sequences and I'm digging it so far. I can already tell that this one will be light on campaign length, but Rome is so fucking huge there's a ton of stuff to do through collection and side events. From what I can tell the entire city is open to free roam right from the start as well, so you can explore as much as you want before even getting into the story.

They recap the events of the first two games at the beginning, so unless you want spoilers I wouldn't advise playing this before them.

#171 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

It's not totally open- it's got barriers all over the place, I know because I desynched when I got really excited and started running to a tower that was outside where i was allowed.

I'm liking the city upgrade stuff a lot.
Spoiler

#172 zeonmx

zeonmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:52 AM

Is anyone willing to trade their officer pre order code?

I'm willing to trade my harlequin code or my xbox live trial codes for it.

#173 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

Wassa matta you, Altair?

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

#174 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

It's not totally open- it's got barriers all over the place, I know because I desynched when I got really excited and started running to a tower that was outside where i was allowed.

I'm liking the city upgrade stuff a lot.

Well, they give you a LONG leash then to start because I was just following the ! on the map to do missions and it was taking me far beyond the fog of war and over some borders.

BTW, someone mentioned in another thread about the AC II save file being read when you start and I also had a ton of money, like 53764 florins but you end up being stripped of it all anyways. Really sucks but I suppose they couldn't have you running around buying all of Rome in one day lol.

Is anyone willing to trade their officer pre order code?

I'm willing to trade my harlequin code or my xbox live trial codes for it.

Trading forum ---------------------------->

Also, there's a HUGE treat in store for
Spoiler
. A character from that universe is playable in ACB.

#175 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

im assuming that if i thought ac2 was kinda boring, ill find this game boring as well. right?

EightBitArtist.png

#176 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

im assuming that if i thought ac2 was kinda boring, ill find this game boring as well. right?

It depends on what you didn't like about AC2. The fighting has been improved a bit, to allow for a more offensive approach. A lot less time is spent just blocking/countering attacks. Also, the "Villa Improvement" aspect of 2 has been expanded into Rome so that you can buy building and fix them up and they enhance your abilities (fast travel, easier access to horses, and cheaper supplies). Also, now each sequence has a special goal (for 100% synching) you can gun for that unlocks new abilities, etc.

I haven't gotten this far yet, but it also looks like there will be some depth to the development of your assassin's guild.
Spoiler

#177 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

Don't forget the trash loot! Lol, this game is turning into an offline MMO really. I've looted stuff like cotton and rings off corpses that I'm not sure what to do with yet. Figured I'd just hang onto them for now and see if they're used for bartering or collection quests.

#178 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

So is the parkour as good or better than AC2? AC1 was slow and stiff, but seemed to me AC2 was faster and more enjoyable. Anyone see a difference to ACB?

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#179 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

So is the parkour as good or better than AC2? AC1 was slow and stiff, but seemed to me AC2 was faster and more enjoyable. Anyone see a difference to ACB?

I keep fucking jumping off walls because I'm so used to hitting X when shimmying in Castlevania lol. I don't think they changed the controls at all, but AC II came out a year ago so it's hard to tell. I will say it's an incredibly rough learn curve since they kind of assume you already know how to play. Took me a while to remember that L1 locks on targets in combat and that's how you use your hidden blade for blocking/attacking. Was getting my ass beat just running into combat hitting square and nothing was happening lol.

#180 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

http://www.gametrail...yer/707492.html
Here's the GT review and it's pretty solid with my perception of the game so far. They especially mirror my initial thoughts on the MP and how hardcore players will be turned off by how random it can be. It's what I said day-fucking-one of the beta and I guess I'll be skipping it altogether after hearing it hasn't changed. Really sucks because I liked getting the platinum for AC II, but this one has too many retarded MP trophies so I guess I'll have plenty of time to play NFS before Cataclysm hits.