Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PS3 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#241 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

It depends on how you approach the game. I'm in sequence 5 (of 9 or 10), and I'm 20 hours into the game. I have been running around doing all the side missions though.
Spoiler

#242 Dasflikko

Dasflikko

I want a cookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

Good game! Terrible finale though.

As a side note, I sure hope Ubisoft doesn't run this franchise into the ground... (who are we kidding)

#243 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

This guy I just recruited looks like a complete scrub. Are there any consequences if I send him off to get killed? Can I just hire someone else to replace him right away?

#244 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:49 AM

This guy I just recruited looks like a complete scrub. Are there any consequences if I send him off to get killed? Can I just hire someone else to replace him right away?

:lol:

#245 Dasflikko

Dasflikko

I want a cookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

Dunno, just try sending him off to get killed. You get a recruitment slot for every Borgia tower you liberate so even if there were MASSIVE consequences and you lose a slot (ya right...) you'd still have tons of room to recruit more people.

#246 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

The number of assassins only matters for the meta-game stuff, right? I mean, the arrow storm only requires 5-6 people. Anyone after that is just fluff to get the missions done faster.
Spoiler

#247 FactionG

FactionG

Too many backlog games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:54 AM

When I played the multiplayer beta about month ago I was like, meh. But with the single player, I was pleasantly surprised. It seems more polished than part II. I liked the game even with the ending the way it was. Multiplayer to me is still meh... "Download" trophy is a serious grind.

#248 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

The facebook game takes way too long to become useful... I just got to Rome last night, and I'm on sequence 7 in the game (and as I've stated before- i'm taking my sweet time).

Getting some of the items is a pain too because you have to build them out of other items you have to build- the Heavy Calvary comes to mind.
Spoiler

#249 jez360

jez360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

I'm really loving this game now, it took me a while to get into but now I'm completely hooked. I love all the side missions and mini game-esque type features such as buying the shops and training your assassins. I haven't even tried the online yet but I think that also looks like a lot of fun so I'll give it a go once I'm finished the single player.

I'm really looking forward to playing this as much as possible this weekend in my nice warm house while the snow obliterates everything!

#250 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Finished the story last night. Wasn't caught too off guard by it all (mostly thanks to the "Ending sucked" discussion above). It wasn't bad, more of the same style of endings. They are going to have to step it up a bit in the next game though.

I have all but 1/2 the glyphs, 2 properties, 1 sync point, 1 romulus level, and a fast travel station. I'll probably go back in this weekend and clean those up, get the other half of the flags, and see if I can unlock the last Cristina mission (75% ?).
Spoiler

#251 Killagamer

Killagamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

Finally put some hours into this and I was really bored in the beginning

it felt way too much like AC 2, then I got up to the 3rd SEQUENCE and

I finally got that feeling I loved about AC series, that entire sequence

was AMAZING!, I liked the Mario Reference( Ubi does it again LOL! ).

No I am finally in "BROTHERHOOD" mode( as the trophy told me )

Speaking of that, I see TONS of potential brotherhood members.....yet

Can I go get all of them or is the first 3 the only ones that matter??

#252 Killagamer

Killagamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

I hope they don't the mistake of having AC3 focus entirely on Desmond in the modern day. The appeal of AC is it's historical settings. I couldn't give a shit about Desmond.

Have you been paying attention to the story of this series since AC1???
The eventual DESMOND in 2012 game HAS TO HAPPEN, this character
went from being nothing in AC1 to evolving into an Assassin in AC2 and
now in Brotherhood he pretty much has what it takes to be an Assassin
in MODERN TIMES.

BTW if you paid attention in the story, THEIR WILL NEVER BE GUNS in this game since Ubisoft mocks it at one point in the game, so don't worry Desmond will more then likely just be in Modern day worlds we seen already
what you think it means when they took him to the MODERN DAY AUDITORE VILLA?

IT MEANS HE WILL go to Modern day places we seen already in AC3, the finally of the game will more then likely be Desmond taking on the old guy in a BIBLICAL BATTLE.

#253 Killagamer

Killagamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

btw how many of you UNDERSTAND what this game story is all about????
if you know history you would realize who CESARE BORGIA and his FAMILY were
they were pure freaks, they had sex with each other as family members( the game shows this not sure if you noticed ), they were sadistic and seek pure dominance by any means.

Also THE POPE basically made sure his son CESARE BORGIA became THE FACE OF JESUS, look at his face in the game THAT'S JESUS FACE. Remember when the famous painter was called to Rome in AC2?. That's why the religious WARNING has been there since day 1 on AC games, they are referencing very religious content in this game that might offend somebody.

The Modern side of the story is basically about the "Illuminati" and their goal of creating prophecy( WORLD ENDS IN 2012 via SUN) then using the APPLE to dominate the entire world, just like the last boss on AC1 was controlling everybody, they seek that type of control but they need to create prophecy first, Asssasin's are trying to stop that.

This game is deep like that, I don't think many understand what is going on with this game, some just get lost in the story of Ezio and forget he is just one aspect of a story that is crossing the religious lines and breaking the 4th wall in video games, UBISOFT ARE ACTUALLY TEACHING YOU THEIR BELIEFS( again that's why the religious warning comes on the screen) this isn't FICTION, this game is all about CONSPIRACY, FACTS, BELIEFS all rolled into a open world game.

Edited by Killagamer, 05 December 2010 - 05:32 PM.

#254 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:10 AM

There's a new patch out but I can't find any info on what it does. Had Ubisoft mentioned anything about upcoming fixes?

I'm voting for Killagamer for president. He seems to know what's up.

#255 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:27 AM

i heard that there was some sort of glitch with the fast travel tunnels. It may have been to correct that... or it was just a tweak to the multiplayer.
Spoiler

#256 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:33 AM

I've caught assassin-training fever.... I had friends over last night for dinner and drinks and I just left the game running and kept going back to the pigeon coops so that I could keep sending my dudes out on contracts. Kind of addicting.
Posted Image

#257 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

I just recruited Cary Elwes.

#258 nbballard

nbballard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

I've caught assassin-training fever.... I had friends over last night for dinner and drinks and I just left the game running and kept going back to the pigeon coops so that I could keep sending my dudes out on contracts. Kind of addicting.

I did the same thing the first week I was playing. I maked out the 8-9 guys I had in a day letting it run while i did chores.

I was worried that I was kind of sequence breaking by doing it that way, but it didn't have any sort of adverse effect on the game.
Spoiler

#259 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:53 AM

Here are the patch notes, although I think it should say 1.03:

ACB PATCH v1.02 NOTES:

SINGLE-PLAYER

General Stability Improvements.

Tunnel Fast-Travel Bug - Using the Tunnel before being shown how by Machiavelli no longer results in immediate desynch.

Subject 16 Completion Bug - You will be able to re-enter the Animus after completing the Subject 16 puzzles.

Invisible Crowd in Sequence 5 - The crowd around Micheletto during the play no longer contains invisible people.

Red Room Stuck - Ezio will not remain stuck in the Red Room when accessing a cluster from The Truth.

MULTIPLAYER

General Matchmaking Improvements - Certain crashes and infinite loading loops eradicated in this patch.

Extensive Refinement and Tweaking - Bonus scores altered (Coop bonuses divided by 2), pursuers must wait longer if their target is in the process of killing their own target, improvements to spawn point selection in team games.

Wrong Information - End Game page will no longer show inaccurate match information.

#260 cdrw123

cdrw123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

Any one need a captain code from best buy i have an extra one?

#261 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

Any one need a captain code from best buy i have an extra one?

I'd take it off your hands, certainly.
Posted Image

#262 Dasflikko

Dasflikko

I want a cookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

btw how many of you UNDERSTAND what this game story is all about????
if you know history you would realize who CESARE BORGIA and his FAMILY were ...etc etc...

So what you're saying is this game is about religion? :pray:

#263 cdrw123

cdrw123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

pm sent

#264 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

Just finished it, and I even enjoyed the ending.
Spoiler
Now I just hope the AC game coming out next year will be Assassin's Creed III, with a new setting, new protagonist, and that they'll wrap up the whole story and let the series end on a high note instead of dragging it out forever.

#265 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

I finished it today (and was waaaaaay late back to work from my lunch break....) and thoroughly enjoyed the ending. Sure, it wasn't as interesting as the ending of AC2, but I still dug it.
Posted Image

#266 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:19 AM

I have 3 assassins in my guild leveled up all the way and I went to go assign some 5 star missions to them and it said I only had around a fourty percent success rate; How am I supposed to do the five star missions when their level can't get any higher?

#267 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:27 AM

I have 3 assassins in my guild leveled up all the way and I went to go assign some 5 star missions to them and it said I only had around a fourty percent success rate; How am I supposed to do the five star missions when their level can't get any higher?

You have to take a gamble. If they're successful, you get a nice amount of florins. If they aren't so lucky, they're gone for good. That's why there's so many opportunities to recruit new assassins.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#268 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:43 AM

stuffs

Of course Cesare and the Borgia's were real living people once, most of the people from the games in this series were. And yes, they're often portrayed quite accurately in the game as well.

You do know that the reason they have all the historical facts and what not in the game is to make it more believable and feel more authentic, right? The warnings are there to keep people like you from thinking it's some huge conspiracy with ubisoft trying to shove their "religous beliefs", as you call it, down gamers throats so some idiot won't try to sue them.

It specifically states that the game was made by individuals that come from different backgrounds and beliefs. They say this to further cement the previous fact, and so that people will realize that those from all walks of life had a hand in making the game. To assure us that the historical and fictional aspects of the game were made purely for entertainment and were never intended to try and dissuade anyone's beliefs.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#269 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:45 AM

Assign them to lower-level missions (and if there aren't any, keep playing the story line and more will open up). Also, you can send up to 5 recruits out on one mission, in case you weren't aware.
Posted Image

#270 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:01 AM

There was one 5-star mission I had that I could only get up to 97%, even with five maxed-out recruits. It might just be impossible to get 100% sometimes, unless there's some other way to improve their chances.