Photo
- - - - -

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (PSN) Code Hunt!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

CLOSED: WINNER FOUND CODE!
Ubisoft's Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is a loving throwback to the 8-bit side-scrolling brawlers of old, featuring RPG elements, 7 levels packed with co-op zaniness and tons of personality. The icing on the cake is probably the infectious chiptunes soundtrack crafted by Anamanaguchi.

Actually, the icing on the cake is that we're giving away a copy of the game on PSN!

http://www.examiner....d-PSN-code-hunt

GOOD LUCK CAGs!

Edited by killyourfm, 11 August 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#2 PolarKryos

PolarKryos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Very nice, where's the Xbox love though, friend? :P

#3 Skram

Skram

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

Very nice, where's the Xbox love though, friend? :P

Out on the 25th for 360. But ya code hunts make me sad. I'll still try though since I think less people search for PSN codes.

#4 PolarKryos

PolarKryos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

Out on the 25th for 360. But ya code hunts make me sad. I'll still try though since I think less people search for PSN codes.

Doh, I totally forgot about that date. There may still be hope though when the Xbox version is released then. :D

I don't currently own a PS3, so good luck all.

#5 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

1) I hate code hunts.
2) I don't own a PS3.

Thanks anyway?

#6 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Less digits, at least :-D

#7 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

1) I hate code hunts.
2) I don't own a PS3.

Thanks anyway?

No worries Captain. I haven't done code hunts before (only image hunts) so the partial reason for doing this is getting feedback like yours.

#8 PolarKryos

PolarKryos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

I like code hunts when they are on Twitter with a general hint to find it. Like instead of saying look at the L4D page to find a piece of the code, mention something about zombies.

That makes code hunts a bit more fun.

#9 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

I like code hunts when they are on Twitter with a general hint to find it. Like instead of saying look at the L4D page to find a piece of the code, mention something about zombies.

That makes code hunts a bit more fun.

I recently did something like that with Zombie teddy bears in it, went over pretty well. Admittedly this one is a bit more sadistic.

#10 Skram

Skram

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

Searched through first 5 pages and no segments. Missed it or these are hidden far back.

#11 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

I'll drop a hint in 15 minutes.

#12 WongTongSoup

WongTongSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

im on page 20 did i miss one? lol i cant find any

#13 DeadlyToothpick

DeadlyToothpick

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

This is rough lol

Spoiler
(Gamercard things)

GMG Referral link (incase you don't have an account for some reason, make an account and buy something!)

#14 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

As much as I love you doing contests for us, please at least give us an example of what we are looking for. I'm 8 pages in through articles, and have seen nothing at all. I don't know what I'm looking for.

Will it be small text with part of the code, will it say "Code Snippet: 12345", I don't know. I don't get it. What am I looking for? I'm about to give up when I reach page 10 of articles if I find nothing; with no idea what I'm even looking for.

Posted Image

#15 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

As much as I love you doing contests for us, please at least give us an example of what we are looking for. I'm 8 pages in through articles, and have seen nothing at all. I don't know what I'm looking for.

Will it be small text with part of the code, will it say "Code Snippet: 12345", I don't know. I don't get it. What am I looking for? I'm about to give up when I reach page 10 of articles if I find nothing; with no idea what I'm even looking for.

This is one of the reasons I hate code hunts. They are so damn vague that it's nearly impossible. Of course one person ALWAYS knows what to look for, so by the time you figure out what you need to look for it's already been redeemed and 100+ people have already tried to redeem the used code.

Such a waste of time.

#16 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

HINT: None are past page 30.

#17 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

For those having difficulty, see the hint above. Also, you're looking for 3 separate 4 digit codes which together form a typical 12 digit PSN code.

#18 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

For those having difficulty, see the hint above. Also, you're looking for 3 separate 4 digit codes which together form a typical 12 digit PSN code.

Does the site tell you it's part of the code, or is it just 4 random digits? That's what none of use get. Small text, big text, bolded, does it tell us it's part of the code? 15 pages in, and still nothing I could see.

Posted Image

#19 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

Does the site tell you it's part of the code, or is it just 4 random digits? That's what none of use get. Small text, big text, bolded, does it tell us it's part of the code? 15 pages in, and still nothing I could see.

You're looking for a code chunk that looks like this: A12D (all caps, 4 digits.)

A full PSN code looks like: 1234-ABCD-4567. Each article will have one of those 3 segments.

#20 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

Yeah this one is a bit too rough. I'm 14 pages in and about to give up. I found 2 possibilites...
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#21 WongTongSoup

WongTongSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

Can we get a hint on the first code??

#22 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

You're looking for a code chunk that looks like this: A12D (all caps, 4 digits.)

A full PSN code looks like: 1234-ABCD-4567. Each article will have one of those 3 segments.

As much as that should help, it really doesn't. There are many things that have been in all caps, over many of your articles. I'm now 21 pages in, and even skipped ahead to check page 30, and still found absolutely nothing.

I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary on any of these pages yet, especially something popping-out that would scream "CODE!" at me. I'll check the last few pages, already wasted enough time checking 21, but we'll see. Maybe there actually isn't a code in those first 21 pages of articles... doubtful, but wishful thinking to get me through the rest.

It's really near impossible without them either bolded or saying it's part of the code.

Posted Image

#23 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

HINT: No codes can be found until AFTER page 20,

#24 WongTongSoup

WongTongSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:10 PM

someone said they found the code on ur article

#25 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

It's really near impossible without them either bolded or saying it's part of the code.

To be fair, someone did find it in what had to be less than an hour. Still, I promise to make future contests easier guys.

#26 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

CLOSED: Code has been found and redeemed. Thanks a bunch, and like I said I'll try to make future ones easier.

#27 bonygrunt

bonygrunt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

Gah, just found all parts. Thanks for the hunt anyway!

#28 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

I found them as well now; very hard.

4J3D CHBE AEF5

Edited by LegendK7ll3r, 11 August 2010 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

#29 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

This is my first and last examiner.com code hunt lol. Congrats to the finder. Also to those that found the codes can you link the pages you found them. Just wanted to get an idea how hidden they were. Thanks.

#30 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

This is my first and last examiner.com code hunt lol. Congrats to the finder. Also to those that found the codes can you link the pages you found them. Just wanted to get an idea how hidden they were. Thanks.

Here's one of them, too lazy to go find the rest again.

http://www.examiner....ronicles-Part-1

Posted Image